Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Hard Knocks options?

Was wondering who you think will get tabbed and who you would want to get tabbed for the Hard Knocks team this year?

As I understand the rules, only the Jets, Panthers, and Lions can be forced by the NFL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From the AFC I honestly like our team and from the NFC I also like the Bears. Would be interesting to see both teams with new coaching staffs in place with promising 2nd year QBs that were not given a fair shake in year one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If any team deserved the moniker for 2021 it was the Jags but that didn't happen so maybe 2022 we will be a contender.

No thank you. The publicity would be distracting and we wouldn't be able to truly install game planning.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-18-2022, 01:31 PM)NH3 Wrote: No thank you. The publicity would be distracting and we wouldn't be able to truly install game planning.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Lions selected.

I still think it would have good for the Jags to have done it to change their franchise image and reputation.

I'm almost always opposed to adding any peripheral distraction to camp for the Jags, but it would have been pretty cool this offseason to see more behind the scenes stuff with Doug, Trevor, the "new-look" defense and some of the personalities in the locker room.

(03-28-2022, 10:03 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 01:31 PM)NH3 Wrote: No thank you. The publicity would be distracting and we wouldn't be able to truly install game planning.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Lions selected.

I still think it would have good for the Jags to have done it to change their franchise image and reputation.

This will be the first time the Lions will be the NFL team featured on Hard Knocks. 

The reason why I believe the Lions were chosen over the Jets,  even though the Jets are in the largest market in the country,  is Dan Campbell.  With his coaching staff also a major TV attraction.  

Dan Campbell is the antithesis of Matt Patricia in many ways.  Including,  his openness with the media.   Patricia treated press conferences like having root canals.  Campbell is a blue collar person that outwardly displays passion for football,  his players,  coaches, and life.

(03-28-2022, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm almost always opposed to adding any peripheral distraction to camp for the Jags, but it would have been pretty cool this offseason to see more behind the scenes stuff with Doug, Trevor, the "new-look" defense and some of the personalities in the locker room.

This is in essence how I view Hard Knocks from a Lions standpoint.  In the past, it was a relief when another team was chosen instead.  This year, I'm much more open to it because of Dan Campbell.  Including, I believe he will attempt to use Hard Knocks as an advantage for the Lions.

I hope the Jaguars have the opportunity to be on Hard Knocks in 2023, if they are eligible. I watched Doug Pederson's opening Jags Press Conference and thought he did a great job after everything that happened leading up to Pederson being hired.  Pederson helped set a tone that likely contributed to one or more of the Jags FA signings earlier this month.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 02:50 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

No. We need to build a culture that can overcome our past dysfunction before we move ahead and display our behind the scenes selves to the world. Why give the national media more ammo against us?
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 04:43 PM by Mikey.)

(03-28-2022, 10:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm almost always opposed to adding any peripheral distraction to camp for the Jags, but it would have been pretty cool this offseason to see more behind the scenes stuff with Doug, Trevor, the "new-look" defense and some of the personalities in the locker room.

I dunno if it's an unwritten rule or not, but when was the last time the series chose a team with a first-year coach?

Unfortunately, the QB room as it stands in DET isn't going to provide much excitement for the cameras, but hey everyone can get their Chark fixes now!

(03-28-2022, 12:15 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 10:03 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Lions selected.

This will be the first time the Lions will be the NFL team featured on Hard Knocks. 

The reason why I believe the Lions were chosen over the Jets,  even though the Jets are in the largest market in the country,  is Dan Campbell.  With his coaching staff also a major TV attraction.  

Dan Campbell is the antithesis of Matt Patricia in many ways.  Including,  his openness with the media.   Patricia treated press conferences like having root canals.  Campbell is a blue collar person that outwardly displays passion for football,  his players,  coaches, and life.

Oh I fully expect him to be the star of the show.

(03-28-2022, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:

I dunno if it's an unwritten rule or not, but when was the last time the series chose a team with a first-year coach?

Unfortunately, the QB room as it stands in DET isn't going to provide much excitement for the cameras, but hey everyone can get their Chark fixes now!

(03-28-2022, 12:15 PM)D6 Wrote: This will be the first time the Lions will be the NFL team featured on Hard Knocks. 

A team with a new head coach can't be forced to have his team on the show.  They could volunteer, but most coaches prefer not having the distraction.

(03-28-2022, 04:42 PM)Mikey Wrote:

(03-28-2022, 12:15 PM)D6 Wrote: This will be the first time the Lions will be the NFL team featured on Hard Knocks. 

With former Jaguars QB Mark Brunell being the Lions QB Coach,  the Lions QB room could easily turn out to be a focal point for plenty of Hard Knocks viewers.  

With Mark Brunell being Tony Boselli's HOF presenter,  it will be interesting to see and hear the interaction with Brunell of others with the Lions (regarding his 2022 HOF experiences).