Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another year gone and its still the same. Jaguars set to win the OFF SEASON, again..

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 11:33 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

Well, that's a wrap to another NFL year. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I have a whole summer to sit and HOPE that the Jags will snap out of this losing culture they have so deeply established here in Jacksonville. Another year of "Just Wait Until Next Year!" delusions. I know this appears to be a negative post, but year after year after year its the same thing. I get a little excited about what's on the horizon for this team only to have my Jaguar dreams CRUSHED by week 4 of the NFL season. 

So, Jag fans, WELCOME to YOUR NFL Season, ITS STARTS FOR US NOW! WE HAVE TO WIN THE OFF SEASON like we have so many times before. Number one pick, New Coach (again) and lots of promises given to us. So, let's give it our all as fans once again and KICK SOME OFF SEASON BUTT!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The new league year starts March 16th. We are gonna crush it. ....in Baalke we _______.

(02-14-2022, 11:32 AM)Ronster Wrote: Well, that's a wrap to another NFL year. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I have a whole summer to sit and HOPE that the Jags will snap out of this losing culture they have so deeply established here in Jacksonville. Another year of "Just Wait Until Next Year!" delusions. I know this appears to be a negative post, but year after year after year its the same thing. I get a little excited about what's on the horizon for this team only to have my Jaguar dreams CRUSHED by week 4 of the NFL season. 

So, Jag fans, WELCOME to YOUR NFL Season, ITS STARTS FOR US NOW! WE HAVE TO WIN THE OFF SEASON like we have so many times before. Number one pick, New Coach (again) and lots of promises given to us. So, let's give it our all as fans once again and KICK SOME OFF SEASON BUTT!!

a depressing post when you think about it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I don't even think we are going to win the offseason this year.

Any time you change the staff there's hope. Although retaining Baalke is an ominous sign. Eventually they'll strike gold, you'd think, even if it's by accident. Law of averages.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 12:08 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 3 times in total.)

Waddaya mean all summer? We got more drama lined up than all the soap operas on TV. Who will be EVP? AGM? Who do we NOT go after in FA? Who DO we go after in FA? Who do we pick at #1? OR, do we trade down? Do we get a Dante Fowler Rookie moment in Rookie minicamp or OTAs? How excited do we get in training camp? Preseason? So no, we, the kings of the offseason get NO time off!! We gots so much work errr drama to tale care of.. LOLOLOL

(02-14-2022, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't even think we are going to win the offseason this year.

Noooo, this is ALL WE HAVE!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(02-14-2022, 11:54 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't even think we are going to win the offseason this year.

This year?  When have we ever won it before?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

For me, an off-season win would include:
1. EVP and AGM in place soon to prepare for draft/FA.
2. Draft/ FA bring in an edge rusher, LB, CB, TE, WR, and LT
3. Baalke fired or stripped of roster decisions and relegated to an area scout.
4. Coaching staff expanding to include run/ pass coordinators on both sides of the ball.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 02:44 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

We haven't "won the offseason" since 2017. I guess some people were optimistic about the Foles acquisition, but the offseason where we ended up with Urban Meyer as head coach was by far the worst.
Even if we don't get any new big name in the Front Office, landing Pederson has to count as a pretty big win.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Glass half full. Ticket prices don't go up when you suck.

Meyer screwed the offseason last year. We didn't win jack [BLEEP]. We middled at best aside from lucking into a rarely high-rated QB at #1.

We should be further along in this rebuild than we are, but the new coaching staff and (probably) facelifted FO is will have a ton of work to do.

Personally - I'm just happy that we aren't staring down the double barrel of a QB search or praying we have the right QB in house.

I think we have our guy, and I think this staff will get more out off him than the last - even if that's not saying much. At least the interim staff gave us a glimpse of the future on using him more successfully.
That in itself puts us in an enviable position looking through the lens many teams are stuck behind.

Will we get all the pieces needed to make Trevor and his Jags playoff contenders?
Most assuredly not. Too much to get done and too many solid players walking in FA.

On defense - If they play their cards right, they could end up with a good secondary, a solid D-Line, and a question mark at LB.

On offense - They will have to climb a mountain to fix the O-Line and also add a weapon or two for Trevor. No telling how that turns out, but the cap space is on their side.

ST - Arrow is pointing up and the coaching and scheme discussions are favorable for this unit.

(02-14-2022, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meyer screwed the offseason last year. We didn't win jack [BLEEP].  We middled at best aside from lucking into a rarely high-rated QB at #1.

We should be further along in this rebuild than we are, but the new coaching staff and (probably) facelifted FO is will have a ton of work to do.

Personally - I'm just happy that we aren't staring down the double barrel of a QB search or praying we have the right QB in house.

I think we have our guy, and I think this staff will get more out off him than the last - even if that's not saying much. At least the interim staff gave us a glimpse of the future on using him more successfully.
That in itself puts us in an enviable position looking through the lens many teams are stuck behind.

Will we get all the pieces needed to make Trevor and his Jags playoff contenders?
Most assuredly not. Too much to get done and too many solid players walking in FA.

On defense - If they play their cards right, they could end up with a good secondary, a solid D-Line, and a question mark at LB.

On offense - They will have to climb a mountain to fix the O-Line and also add a weapon or two for Trevor. No telling how that turns out, but the cap space is on their side.

ST - Arrow is pointing up and the coaching and scheme discussions are favorable for this unit.

We say that every year, "the ARROW is pointed UP" "we're heading in the right direction" "nowhere to go but up"  ya... about that..

(02-14-2022, 03:06 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meyer screwed the offseason last year. We didn't win jack [BLEEP].  We middled at best aside from lucking into a rarely high-rated QB at #1.

We say that every year, "the ARROW is pointed UP" "we're heading in the right direction" "nowhere to go but up"  ya... about that..

There is no where to go but up for that ST unit. Did you see the kick coverage last year? 

Agnew and Cooke were the only not terrible aspects of our ST last year. 

We had a ST coach leave in August to be replaced by a "not ready yet" former player turned assistant and the unit struggled everywhere except punting and a small percentage of returns. 

Do you think the ST unit is going to decline in 2022?

(02-14-2022, 03:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:06 PM)Ronster Wrote: We say that every year, "the ARROW is pointed UP" "we're heading in the right direction" "nowhere to go but up"  ya... about that..

There is no where to go but up for that ST unit. Did you see the kick coverage last year? 

We had a ST coach leave in August to be replaced by a "not ready yet" former player turned assistant and the unit struggled everywhere except punting and a small percentage of returns. 

At this point, I have no reason to be overly optimistic. I have a meh attitude until things actually improve.

(02-14-2022, 03:27 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There is no where to go but up for that ST unit. Did you see the kick coverage last year? 

At this point, I have no reason to be overly optimistic. I have a meh attitude until things actually improve.

Well the team hired an experienced ST coach with a great track record and will retain the few good performers from last year's unit while making efforts to upgrade players assigned to kick coverage. 

I this is a thread about offseason achievement as your title suggests, then that unit has a good shot at improving if you think about it reasonably for 15 seconds.

Of course - if you just started this thread to whine about the futility of being a Jags fan - reasoning likely won't help you.

(02-14-2022, 03:27 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: There is no where to go but up for that ST unit. Did you see the kick coverage last year? 

Foles will lead us to the Super Bowl!

(02-14-2022, 03:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:27 PM)Ronster Wrote: At this point, I have no reason to be overly optimistic. I have a meh attitude until things actually improve.
Foles will lead us to the Super Bowl!

You mean Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles?

Or Chicago Bears third string QB Nick Foles?

Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-14-2022, 03:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meyer screwed the offseason last year. We didn't win jack [BLEEP].

The funny thing is there were a lot of people around here praising last year's FA haul. I know it was purely biased, but still.

(02-14-2022, 03:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 03:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Foles will lead us to the Super Bowl!

You mean Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles?

Or Chicago Bears third string QB Nick Foles?

Laughing
"I'm so glad I have those 2 MORONS blocked. They never add anything to any conversation"