Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we bench Cyprien please?

Quote:I think Caldwell is the type of guy that makes his own decisions.

He also is the only guy in Jacksonville who is allowed to make personnel decisions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He wasn't that bad today. The one missed tackle was his only really negative.

Quote:He wasn't that bad today. The one missed tackle was his only real negative.

He was late to the ball carrier on other plays.

I fail to see how a guy seemingly as smart as caldwell is can't see that cyprien has been garbage for a very very long time now.

The only thing I can really come up with is input from the head coach that he is "coming along" and "give him time"

because he has shown nothing

Quote:I fail to see how a guy seemingly as smart as caldwell is can't see that cyprien has been garbage for a very very long time now.

The only thing I can really come up with is input from the head coach that he is "coming along" and "give him time"

because he has shown nothing

Maybe he thinks Cyprien is young and still has potential.

Caldwell is a professional talent evaluator. He doesn't need a coach to do his job for him.

Quote:Maybe he thinks Cyprien is young and still has potential.

Caldwell is a professional talent evaluator. He doesn't need a coach to do his job for him.

I can see from my couch with a belly full of beer and chicken wings that Cyp hasn't improved at all in 3 years. He was trash as a rook and he's trash now.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I'm just waiting for Cyprien to actually make a big play for once.
Shock the world

Cutting him would be stupid when there is no depth at the position. He would not be a starter on some other teams, but that means nothing when the backup is trash.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 01:31 AM by RedRooster28.)

I was a Cyp fan before we even drafted him and I've really rooted for him during his time here cus he seems like a hard worker and a guy the staff wants to "get it".

While he wasn't horrible, Rodgers clearly felt he could be targeted, and he blew a couple tackles. He's got the tools and the scheme will suit his strengths more this year, but I think he's wanting some plays back tonight.

The not wrapping up Lacy is kinda excusable for the aforementioned tree-trunk thighs, but we can't keep making excuses for him.

He played kinda solid, not borderline 1st round safety solid. He needs to make impact plays, not just have us grateful when he executes fundamentals.

But benching him would be silly.

I recall two year ago against the eagles, cyp sustained a concussion after going for an interception. Some board members were in semi melt down mode over the thought he'd miss the next game. Funny how time changes haha

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 04:25 AM by wg171.)

Couldn't bring Lacy down. Lots of DB's have trouble doing that

Had a PI called against him but the replay shows he turned his head to play the ball

Pass rush is a far greater problem than Cyprien

I didn't think he was bad at all.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Cyp was not "trash" at all IMO.

1 missed run tackle and 1 PI yes but he did get in on some run stuffs and generally stayed on his guy in coverage. HPass rush needs to man up Rodgers was baking cookies out there. I'm actually extremely impressed with our whole secondary Rodgers had to hold the ball or looks off his intended target multiple times.

Eddie Lacy is a pretty big dude.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Eddie Lacy is a pretty big dude.

Kinda reminded me of an upscaled version of Landwhale White..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Cyp is not the reason we didn't come up with the win.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Unfortunately that poor tackle on Lacy sticks out like a sore thumb. You're talking about a statement play in the open field on a running back with no momentum and instead of them losing 2 or 3 yards on the play it broke for like 25 yards.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I didn't think he was bad at all.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only guy that watched the game.

Quote:Cyp was not "trash" at all IMO.

1 missed run tackle and 1 PI yes but he did get in on some run stuffs and generally stayed on his guy in coverage. HPass rush needs to man up Rodgers was baking cookies out there. I'm actually extremely impressed with our whole secondary Rodgers had to hold the ball or looks off his intended target multiple times.

Not to mention he had blanket coverage. Just got beat by a perfect throw.

The best SS in the world couldn't have played that any better....after the ball was in the air,,,,from where Cyp was on the field.

Quote:I recall two year ago against the Eagles, Cyp sustained a concussion after going for an interception. Some board members were in semi melt down mode over the thought he'd miss the next game. Funny how time changes haha

Usually players do miss the next game after getting concussed.

At the time nobody knew how little he would improve two years later.