Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags are Next Year's Bengals?

Seriously?  

https://www.nfl.com/videos/pff-teams-who...ngals-rams

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why not?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Think I would pass out while watching that game.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 04:06 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we are next years Bengals, then Trevor goes out with injury in game 3. Our OL better be better than they were.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I do think that if we are wise with our picks and shock the world by attracting some top shelf FA then we can get mostly to where the Bengals are. I just don't see any scenario where we can get that kind of elite offensive skill talent though. Even if we have a mostly best case scenario and draw Arob and Ertz here and Dotson falls to 33 that's a very far cry from Chase/Higgins/Boyd.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 04:23 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-18-2022, 04:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If we are next years Bengals, then Trevor goes out with injury in game 3.  Our OL better be better than they were.

Burrow didn't get hurt in week 3 this year.

(02-18-2022, 03:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Seriously?  

The title doesn't make sense "Jags are next years Bengals".  If the Jags are next years Bengals then that means the Bengals will win 2 games next year.  Think about it.

Perhaps it should state Next Years Jags are this Years Bengals.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 04:31 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-18-2022, 04:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 04:06 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: If we are next years Bengals, then Trevor goes out with injury in game 3.  Our OL better be better than they were.

Burrow didn't get hurt in week 3 this year.

(02-18-2022, 03:51 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Seriously?  

The title doesn't make sense "Jags are next years Bengals".  If the Jags are next years Bengals then that means the Bengals will win 2 games next year.  Think about it.

Perhaps it should state Next Years Jags are this Years Bengals.

It wasn't my intention to mimic when Burrow went out. We don't know the exact weeks of who we will be playing. But behind an OL like that, he will get mauled; sooner rather than later. Week 8, if that makes you feel better.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

No. Realistically, I think 2024 or probably 2025 is when we start contending, (if we make the right moves in the draft and free agency.) We have way more holes to fill than the Bengals did last season. A lot more!

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 05:23 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-18-2022, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. Realistically, I think 2024 or probably 2025 is when we start contending, (if we make the right moves in the draft and free agency.) We have way more holes to fill than the Bengals did last season. A lot more!

We can contend next year for the division if we make the right moves, just have to make the right moves

(02-18-2022, 04:42 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. Realistically, I think 2024 or probably 2025 is when we start contending, (if we make the right moves in the draft and free agency.) We have way more holes to fill than the Bengals did last season. A lot more!

It really just depends on Trevor. We have a better o line than they do and if we hit with Hutchinson our defense won’t be much worse than the Bengals. Find a WR1 hope chark plays well and Trevor can do the rest. It’s really not super far fetched to think, it all depends on Lawrence though.

(02-18-2022, 05:23 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

It really just depends on Trevor. We have a better o line than they do and if we hit with Hutchinson our defense won’t be much worse than the Bengals. Find a WR1 hope chark plays well and Trevor can do the rest. It’s really not super far fetched to think, it all depends on Lawrence though.

Agreed

(02-18-2022, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

We can contend next year if we make the right moves, just have to make the right moves

Not realistically. No big name free agents are gonna want to come here with Baalke still in charge and given the complete chaos of last season and even if we hit on every single draft pick we have, which is next to impossible, we don't have enough picks to cover every major need. There is optimism and then there is just fantasy.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 05:35 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

I dont think Chark wants to be here, not for what we will probably offer him.

Well just about the entire OLine is a FA and could possibly move on. They would need to really hit in FA.

Find a WR1? With who? Not sure there’s 1 out there unless they make a trade. Bengals have 2 WR1s which isn’t normal.

They also would need to get lucky in the playoffs. Not saying the Bengals didn’t earn the right to be there but the tacks sacked Burrow like 9 times and still won. Mahomes had his worst half of football ever and they won. 

But hey. I’m here for the ride if it happens!

You just knew that would be talked about this offseason, with the similarities and all. But the odds seem pretty low. Hell, the odds were low for the Bengals, now imagine calculating back-to-back odds.

That said, I don't think the roster is as bad as it appears at first glance. I think a lot of the ineptitude we witnessed last season was due to poor, underprepared coaching. Now, not to say the roster is great, or even good, but it might not need the multiple year overhaul some are predicting.

But the Jags in next year's Superbowl? I really doubt it.

(02-18-2022, 07:36 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: You just knew that would be talked about this offseason, with the similarities and all. But the odds seem pretty low. Hell, the odds were low for the Bengals, now imagine calculating back-to-back odds.

That said, I don't think the roster is as bad as it appears at first glance. I think a lot of the ineptitude we witnessed last season was due to poor, underprepared coaching. Now, not to say the roster is great, or even good, but it might not need the multiple year overhaul some are predicting.

Not really. The Bengals had a franchise QB, 3 great WR's, a very good RB and a good run stuffer in D.J. Reader. They signed a premier DE in Hendrickson, they have a budding star at LB in Logan Wilson and they have one of the top Safeties in the NFL with Jessie Bates. That team had a lot of talent. The issue was whether all that talent would trump the mess they had on the O-Line. If they really address this issue in the offseason, the Bengals are my pick to win the 2022 Superbowl. 

With our team, it's a complete lack of talent. Hopefully, Lawrence turns into the franchise QB we all believe he can be, but other than that, the only really great player we have is our Punter. We have a ton of work to do.

I mean ill take it

Why not lol

(02-18-2022, 09:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 07:36 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: You just knew that would be talked about this offseason, with the similarities and all. But the odds seem pretty low. Hell, the odds were low for the Bengals, now imagine calculating back-to-back odds.

Not really. The Bengals had a franchise QB, 3 great WR's, a very good RB and a good run stuffer in D.J. Reader. They signed a premier DE in Hendrickson, they have a budding star at LB in Logan Wilson and they have one of the top Safeties in the NFL with Jessie Bates. That team had a lot of talent. The issue was whether all that talent would trump the mess they had on the O-Line. If they really address this issue in the offseason, the Bengals are my pick to win the 2022 Superbowl. 

With our team, it's a complete lack of talent. Hopefully, Lawrence turns into the franchise QB we all believe he can be, but other than that, the only really great player we have is our Punter. We have a ton of work to do.

I was speaking in general, in the sense of history of the league having 4 win teams from one year play in the Superbowl in the next. It doesn't happen often. And your post greatly benefits from hindsight, I doubt you had them as your pick to win the AFC before the season started.

And all of this roster disparity between these two clubs was quite difficult to see when they faced off against each other. The Bengals didn't win that game, they survived it. They probably don't even manage that if their opposition didn’t have a hopeless moron as a head coach.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 10:53 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

We just want to make the play offs. I wonder how many more wins could have been if the jags had a good offense in 2021.

This, I still see far to many people on this board who think it's a forgone conclusion that he's gonna be elite. I'm not tryna be pesimistic but he hasn't showed anything yet. Granted he didn't have a lot of help tho.