Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags are Next Year's Bengals?

(02-19-2022, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: More likely next year's broncos than bengals,

A good team held back by subpar qb play? 

I disagree. I think we're next year's Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022, 09:23 AM by Mikey.)

(02-20-2022, 08:22 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 12:04 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 9 - 8 as the 7th seed. They go on a run and face off in the Superbowl against the Packers.

Book it.com

Book it. Yeah.

no way Jags make Super Bowl,and even if  they did just like the bengals Jags will lose to the home team Cardnials. 

Mainly it takes time for teams to improve espailley the worst team in football who has the worst owner in sports histtorey.

That's pretty good, going back over 6 years to find the last time the Bungles played in AZ. Your google-fu is improving, snowy.
Given the radical changes in rosters since 2015, though? I don't see how we can use this to reliably predict how our team will fare in 2022.

(02-20-2022, 09:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 08:22 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no way Jags make Super Bowl,and even if  they did just like the bengals Jags will lose to the home team Cardnials. 

Mainly it takes time for teams to improve espailley the worst team in football who has the worst owner in sports histtorey.

So is this the latest goofy theory we're going to be hearing about all year?

buckle up, it's gonna be a long and repetitive ride.

(02-20-2022, 11:28 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 06:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: More likely next year's broncos than bengals,

A good team held back by subpar qb play? 

I think NYC meant we'll be firing Vic Fangio next January.

(02-21-2022, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 08:22 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: no way Jags make Super Bowl,and even if  they did just like the bengals Jags will lose to the home team Cardnials. 

That's pretty good, going back over 6 years to find the last time the Bungles played in AZ. Your google-fu is improving, snowy.
Given the radical changes in rosters since 2015, though? I don't see how we can use this to reliably predict how our team will fare in 2022.

(02-20-2022, 09:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So is this the latest goofy theory we're going to be hearing about all year?

(02-20-2022, 11:28 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: A good team held back by subpar qb play? 

I was really just referencing the record and division standing, but yeah, that too, LOL

I think we'll be next year's Jaguars.

A team with a young franchise QB proving his doubters wrong but still getting comfortable in a new offense.
A team with some good pieces in the secondary and probably still needing help at ILB.
A team that's probably still one more offseason away from competing for the division.

It's hard to say when we haven't even seen FA or the draft

(02-18-2022, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We can contend next year if we make the right moves, just have to make the right moves

Not realistically. No big name free agents are gonna want to come here with Baalke still in charge and given the complete chaos of last season and even if we hit on every single draft pick we have, which is next to impossible, we don't have enough picks to cover every major need. There is optimism and then there is just fantasy.

If the Jags offer more money then they will come here. If you were to interview players from the 1990s and asked them if they are happy with picking a playoff team with a $5 million contract versus a terrible team with a $10 million contract, the answer is obvious.  Vic always said it’s about the money.

(02-21-2022, 05:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not realistically. No big name free agents are gonna want to come here with Baalke still in charge and given the complete chaos of last season and even if we hit on every single draft pick we have, which is next to impossible, we don't have enough picks to cover every major need. There is optimism and then there is just fantasy.

If the Jags offer more money then they will come here. If you were to interview players from the 1990s and asked them if they are happy with picking a playoff team with a $5 million contract versus a terrible team with a $10 million contract, the answer is obvious.  Vic always said it’s about the money.
Agreed. Coupled with no state income tax and tons of salary cap space, Jacksonville will be a prime destination.

(02-21-2022, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: That's pretty good, going back over 6 years to find the last time the Bungles played in AZ. Your google-fu is improving, snowy.

I was really just referencing the record and division standing, but yeah, that too, LOL

A team with a young franchise QB proving his doubters wrong but still getting comfortable in a new offense.
A team with some good pieces in the secondary and probably still needing help at ILB.
A team that's probably still one more offseason away from competing for the division.

I think competing in the AFC south may come quicker than people anticipate. There are a lot of questions for every team in this division. There is no reason we cannot be competing for the division lead during the second half of the year next year. Winning the division obviously will be tough, and I’m not going to predict that after we won three games all year, but I don’t see any team that really should be crowned ahead of the season in this group.

(02-21-2022, 06:13 PM)Newton Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was really just referencing the record and division standing, but yeah, that too, LOL

I think competing in the AFC south may come quicker than people anticipate. There are a lot of questions for every team in this division. There is no reason we cannot be competing for the division lead during the second half of the year next year. Winning the division obviously will be tough, and I’m not going to predict that after we won three games all year, but I don’t see any team that really should be crowned ahead of the season in this group.

Agreed, of course we need to see what FA and the draft looks like

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2022, 09:22 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

what a lot of you don't relize is the HC Jags hired isn't as good as you think he is. yes he has a Super Bowl ring,but the problom is he got fired for a reason from the eagles,and hasn't coached a team in over a year.  I am not expecting a lot of wins this upcomeing season.  maybe 6 at the most.    don't get me wrong i wil give Doup P. a chance,im just saying he was fired from eagles for a reason.  Don't get your hopes up yet,your just setting yourself up for dissapoinent espaissley when the teams owner is the worst owner in sports in todays time. its also the first year with the Jags,i would keep low expectations,that way if jags do better then you think,you can be plesently surpised, and happy.

also there is one thing my dad has told me for years, and everyone will agree with this. Football is really a game of luck when it comes to people not getting injuryed,and players not getting injuryed helps teams win.  espaissley key players for the team. 

I belieave for the last serveal years jags have had the most injurys to thier key players.   exsample from last season  Entine,Agew,james robonson.Linder.Arnold,Chaclk,,,just a few i can rember off top of my head.

there is only 2 thing for sure about Jags football season. 

1. the diehard fans will be at the games live at home in jacksonville for all home games.

2. dad,and i will be at sports bar here in north caronlina watching the game.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-21-2022, 05:40 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 05:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not realistically. No big name free agents are gonna want to come here with Baalke still in charge and given the complete chaos of last season and even if we hit on every single draft pick we have, which is next to impossible, we don't have enough picks to cover every major need. There is optimism and then there is just fantasy.

IIRC the full quote is "It's all about the money until it's not."
Meaning the guy at the twilight of his career may stop worrying about the commas in the contract and more about the chance of getting a ring before the body dictates time is up.

He also said "I wouldn't worry about that."
We've been (state) tax-free and Atlantic coastal for the history of this franchise, and those selling points ain't done dookie thus far, I'm not gonna believe that all of a sudden players and agents discover that we're some kind of hidden gem.

The arrow may be pointing up, but we're not a destination for players. YET.

(02-21-2022, 06:13 PM)Newton Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was really just referencing the record and division standing, but yeah, that too, LOL

I'm not crowning anyone, but I'm curious as to why you think at midseason we won't be two or three games back from tennessee in the division? 

They just won 12 games to our 3, you know.

(02-21-2022, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: That's pretty good, going back over 6 years to find the last time the Bungles played in AZ. Your google-fu is improving, snowy.

This is the most likely outcome.

Could they be this year's Bengals?  Maybe.

Will they be this year's Bengals?  Probably not.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Around 7 wins, a healthy Lawrence showing a year 2 jump, good coaching, some offensive weapons development, a cut back in stupid penalties / inopportune penalties and I’d be “happy.”

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 10:51 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 2 times in total.)

I thought of something is  is for sure the truth. None of us know if any of us wil lbe here next year, or even tommorew.

The world could end in the next 5 or 10 minetes. I'm not saying i know when it will happen, all im saying is the truth.

None of us knows what the furture holds,and if the world was to end before the next football season we thier wouldn't be a football saeson.

My point is this enjoy every seconed you have on earth,and enjoy your family you still lhave here why you can.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/02...afc-south/

Third Best odds lol

I think we could realistically make a deep playoff run in 2023, but this year is probably a little too soon. We still have a lot of team-building to do, and we also have to change the losing culture. Going from 3-14 to the Super Bowl in one year is a LOT to expect. I'll be very happy if we win 8 or 9 games this year. That would be nice progress for our young team.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(02-23-2022, 01:25 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I thought of something is  is for sure the truth. None of us know if any of us wil lbe here next yera, or even tommorew.

The world could end in the next 5 or 10 minetes. I'm not saying i know when it will happen, all im saying is the truth.

None of us knows what the furture holds,and if the world was to end before the next football season we thier wouldn't be a football saeson.

My point is this enjoy every seconed you have on earth,and enjoy your family you still lhave here why you can.

Those are wise thoughts.  My wife tells me that all the time, and it is very true.  I know that I need to try to live that way.  I don't always succeed.  But it's something I've thought about a lot lately.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 02:37 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-23-2022, 01:25 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I thought of something is  is for sure the truth. None of us know if any of us wil lbe here next yera, or even tommorew.

The year the world ends is the year the Jaguars make the Super Bowl. And it ends the morning of the game.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Jaguars are going 9 - 8 this year. Finishing as the 4th seed or 7th seed. They'll start off up and down and then get on a hot streak like Miami did last year but hit actual pay dirt. Too early to say Superbowl appearance. But, they'll be pretty damn close.

I'll keep saying it again and again this year. Don't care. LOL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."