Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia invades Ukraine

(02-24-2022, 06:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm sure they aren't. I wasn't trying to say it wasn't serious, I was just trying to put it in context of Russia's progress in crossing the border.  It's been slow.  You're putting an emotional tone on my text that was not there.

I think that was his point.

What a dumb thing to complain about.  Both of you should get a life.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2022, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is really bad and our current president looks so weak on the world stage.  Putin is pretty much "playing him like a fiddle".  The so-called "strong sanctions" put in place is pretty much nothing.

Agreed. Meanwhile, you have Trump telling anyone that will listen how brilliant Putin is for making such a move. We might as well buy Trump a set of pom poms so he can dress the part of Putin's cheerleader. This was our choice in the last election, Putin's cheer leader vs. a weak minded, feeble old man that has no clue what to do in a crisis. How did we get to this point? Putin would've never done this if we had a leader like Ronald Reagan.

(02-24-2022, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is really bad and our current president looks so weak on the world stage.  Putin is pretty much "playing him like a fiddle".  The so-called "strong sanctions" put in place is pretty much nothing.

What would propose that Biden do?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

The dems started it. Obama installed the terrible leadership. Everyone else then gets rich because of all the elite connections. Ukraine suffers and is fractured. Now you have fractions joining Russia. Terms of surrender were offered but probably not realistic. Best option is probably to just give up the east and agree to keep NATO out.

They have all that money but never prepared to defend themselves, meanwhile all the elites raked in their money.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I have this hunch (I have no proof), that Russia has developed a new weapon which makes Putin believe they are unbeatable. The way he basically threatened every other nation who would interfere with his attacks is either the sign of a lunatic or a very, very confident man who has something up his sleeve. Either option is not good.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 08:33 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-24-2022, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Agreed. Meanwhile, you have Trump telling anyone that will listen how brilliant Putin is for making such a move. We might as well buy Trump a set of pom poms so he can dress the part of Putin's cheerleader. This was our choice in the last election, Putin's cheer leader vs. a weak minded, feeble old man that has no clue what to do in a crisis. How did we get to this point? Putin would've never done this if we had a leader like Ronald Reagan.

What do you expect from the man? He's not cheering Putin. He's cheering himself. The dude is a narcissist, and you guys constantly fail to apply it when it makes the most sense. Trump is butthurt that everyone called him Putin's lackey, even though he had tougher sanctions on Russia and Putin didn't try this mess with Trump in office. Now Putin does what he wants while Biden does nothing. Narcissists gonna narcissist, bro. Maybe this dude wouldn't get any attention on the political stage if the media did it's job.

Obama did not install Zelensky as President. Obama was in power when Poroshenko became President in 2014, but Zelensky beat Poroshenko in a landslide in 2019.

The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place. Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did. The sanctions Putin faces now are "tougher" than the ones he faced under Trump.

Get your facts right before you spout off, guys.

Give em hell Ukrain, as much as I hate intervention Russia maybe something we can’t ignore
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Meanwhile, you have Trump telling anyone that will listen how brilliant Putin is for making such a move. We might as well buy Trump a set of pom poms so he can dress the part of Putin's cheerleader. This was our choice in the last election, Putin's cheer leader vs. a weak minded, feeble old man that has no clue what to do in a crisis. How did we get to this point? Putin would've never done this if we had a leader like Ronald Reagan.

What do you expect from the man? He's not cheering Putin. He's cheering himself. The dude is a narcissist, and you guys constantly fail to apply it when it makes the most sense. Trump is butthurt that everyone called him Putin's lackey, even though he had tougher sanctions on Russia and Putin didn't try this mess with Trump in office. Now Putin does what he wants while Biden does nothing. Narcissists gonna narcissist, bro. Maybe this dude wouldn't get any attention on the political stage if the media did it's job.

They are one in the same. Putin didn't do this when Trump was in office, because he was Putin's lackey. He was always and still does, compliment Putin every chance he gets. He loves the way Putin does whatever he wants without backlash from the people, media or opposing politicians. He wishes he had that same power here in the U.S. You know as well as I do, that if Trump had the power to make his detractors "disappear" or be arrested and imprisoned indefinitely as Putin does, he'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Putin heard all of the chest thumping Biden was doing during the campaign regarding Russia and he was gonna make sure Biden was in office when he made this move. He knew Biden is all talk and would fold like a metal chair when a real crisis occurred. Sanctions do nothing. Putin knows he has the backing of the Chinese. Sanctions are useless and he knows Biden and NATO don't have the balls to fight back unless they absolutely have to. This tyrant is gonna try to reform the Soviet Union and he's gonna get very little resistance.

(02-24-2022, 05:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 05:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: That was right on the border.  The fighting was brief.  Let's hope they didn't breach the containment walls during the fight.

I bet the families of the dead Ukrainian soldiers aren't so c'est pas grave about it.

And it's not like Chernobyl is not still deadly as hell. The only thing standing between lethal radiation and the people is that containment unit. There is still very high levels of radiation in the exclusion zone from the nuclear accident in 1986. Breach the containment unit and things get ugly real quick.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 09:25 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-24-2022, 08:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:  Sanctions do nothing. Putin knows he has the backing of the Chinese. Sanctions are useless and he knows Biden and NATO don't have the balls to fight back unless they absolutely have to. This tyrant is gonna try to reform the Soviet Union and he's gonna get very little resistance.

Sanctions matter if there is a strong trade relationship. When the US sanctions Russia, it doesn't mean much to either side. When Europe sanctions Russia, it could be a very big deal for both sides. Europe is hoping they'll get lots of cheap methane from the US and from the Arabs, and as you correctly point out, Russia is hoping that China will start buying lots more Russian gas and other Russian stuff. Remains to be seen how any of that will work out for anyone on the Eurasian continent.

(02-24-2022, 09:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 05:21 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I bet the families of the dead Ukrainian soldiers aren't so c'est pas grave about it.

And it's not like Chernobyl is not still deadly as hell. The only thing standing between lethal radiation and the people is that containment unit. There is still very high levels of radiation in the exclusion zone from the nuclear accident in 1986. Breach the containment unit and things get ugly real quick.

I was pointing out that so far they haven't broken it.  Let's hope it stays that way.  No one cares whose army controls a useless abandoned nuclear reactor.  Everyone cares that the containment stays intact.

Surprised not hearing more about the reports of a bomb hitting a nato ship in turkey? If that’s true what’s the response?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Won't sanctions really only hurt the people of Russia, who Putin really gives no [BLEEP] about? (And us here in the states, too, with oil prices)?

(02-24-2022, 09:41 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Won't sanctions really only hurt the people of Russia, who Putin really gives no [BLEEP] about?  (And us here in the states, too, with oil prices)?

Putin and his cronies are probably worth over a trillion dollars, all together.  Some well placed sanctions could cut their wealth significantly.  Let's say half.  They'd still be worth tens of billions of dollars each.  They could be hurt profoundly, but they'd still be rich.
But yeah, the masses go from being lower middle class to poor.  Their lifestyle is hurt much more.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2022, 10:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-24-2022, 09:41 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Won't sanctions really only hurt the people of Russia, who Putin really gives no [BLEEP] about?  (And us here in the states, too, with oil prices)?

Unfortunately, that is the reality of the situation. I really feel sorry for the Russian people. Many people in the world will now view all Russians as "the bad guys", but most Russians didn't want this. They are just in a bad situation. They can't speak out, because if they do, Putin will arrest them or worse. Now they are gonna be the one's feeling the effects of the sanctions, even though they just wanna live their lives in peace. It's not their fault they have a crazy dictator who rigs elections and invades independent nations without cause.

I don't know if we have the technological capabilities to take someone out with a death ray from a satellite, but if we did, now would be a good time to use it.

(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have this hunch (I have no proof), that Russia has developed a new weapon which makes Putin believe they are unbeatable. The way he basically threatened every other nation who would interfere with his attacks is either the sign of a lunatic or a very, very confident man who has something up his sleeve. Either option is not good.
Or Putin has all the dirt from the illegal stuff going on in Ukraine and is blackmailing the leaders so they won't do anything. We know Hunter has admitted Russia has blackmail material on him.
(02-24-2022, 08:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obama did not install Zelensky as President. Obama was in power when Poroshenko became President in 2014, but Zelensky beat Poroshenko in a landslide in 2019.

The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place. Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did. The sanctions Putin faces now are "tougher" than the ones he faced under Trump.

There is a reason the leadership Obama installed got tossed out. All the money poured into the country disappeared for the most part. They also started to go after some of the corruption.

Putting sanctions on a country after you hand them trade and new pipelines isn't going to hurt them. It's helping them.

(02-24-2022, 10:31 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have this hunch (I have no proof), that Russia has developed a new weapon which makes Putin believe they are unbeatable. The way he basically threatened every other nation who would interfere with his attacks is either the sign of a lunatic or a very, very confident man who has something up his sleeve. Either option is not good.
Or Putin has all the dirt from the illegal stuff going on in Ukraine and is blackmailing the leaders so they won't do anything. We know Hunter has admitted Russia has blackmail material on him.
(02-24-2022, 08:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obama did not install Zelensky as President.  Obama was in power when Poroshenko became President in 2014, but Zelensky beat Poroshenko in a landslide in 2019.

The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place.  Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did.  The sanctions Putin faces now are "tougher" than the ones he faced under Trump.

There is a reason the leadership Obama installed got tossed out. All the money poured into the country disappeared for the most part. They also started to go after some of the corruption.

Putting sanctions on a country after you hand them trade and new pipelines isn't going to hurt them. It's helping them.

Those are certainly theories.

Putin is dumb & dangerous. Those people weren't doing anything to him except living their lives. This is what happens when a dictator is in office for 22 years and gets bored

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 03:16 AM by captivating.)

(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Meanwhile, you have Trump telling anyone that will listen how brilliant Putin is for making such a move. We might as well buy Trump a set of pom poms so he can dress the part of Putin's cheerleader. This was our choice in the last election, Putin's cheer leader vs. a weak minded, feeble old man that has no clue what to do in a crisis. How did we get to this point? Putin would've never done this if we had a leader like Ronald Reagan.

And yet so many people want him back.

and then you have the penis' that listen to bigger penis' like Tucker Carlson who spins all of this as Biden's fault.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

What do you think Biden should do?