Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia invades Ukraine

(02-25-2022, 03:16 AM)captivating Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What do you expect from the man? He's not cheering Putin. He's cheering himself. The dude is a narcissist, and you guys constantly fail to apply it when it makes the most sense. Trump is butthurt that everyone called him Putin's lackey, even though he had tougher sanctions on Russia and Putin didn't try this mess with Trump in office. Now Putin does what he wants while Biden does nothing. Narcissists gonna narcissist, bro. Maybe this dude wouldn't get any attention on the political stage if the media did it's job.

And yet so many people want him back.

and then you have the penis' that listen to bigger penis' like Tucker Carlson who spins all of this as Biden's fault.

People want Trump back because they believe he's not beholden to the system. And why wouldn't they think that? The establishment has attacked him at every turn. An impartial media would solve a lot of these problems.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-24-2022, 08:15 PM)captivating Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is really bad and our current president looks so weak on the world stage.  Putin is pretty much "playing him like a fiddle".  The so-called "strong sanctions" put in place is pretty much nothing.

What would propose that Biden do?

(02-25-2022, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 06:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is really bad and our current president looks so weak on the world stage.  Putin is pretty much "playing him like a fiddle".  The so-called "strong sanctions" put in place is pretty much nothing.

What do you think Biden should do?

For starters he should open the Keystone pipeline and get energy production running the way that it was under President Trump.  Also he should push to get Russia either removed from or limited access to the SWIFT banking system.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-24-2022, 08:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obama did not install Zelensky as President.  Obama was in power when Poroshenko became President in 2014, but Zelensky beat Poroshenko in a landslide in 2019.

The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place.  Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did.  The sanctions Putin faces now are "tougher" than the ones he faced under Trump.

Get your facts right before you spout off, guys.

As usual you are wrong.  Biden actually gave Putin a huge gift last year.

Get your facts right before you spout off.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-25-2022, 03:16 AM)captivating Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What do you expect from the man? He's not cheering Putin. He's cheering himself. The dude is a narcissist, and you guys constantly fail to apply it when it makes the most sense. Trump is butthurt that everyone called him Putin's lackey, even though he had tougher sanctions on Russia and Putin didn't try this mess with Trump in office. Now Putin does what he wants while Biden does nothing. Narcissists gonna narcissist, bro. Maybe this dude wouldn't get any attention on the political stage if the media did it's job.

And yet so many people want him back.

and then you have the penis' that listen to bigger penis' like Tucker Carlson who spins all of this as Biden's fault.

Shouldn't the plural of penis be penii? It seems a more civilized way to call your opposition a pejorative form of a human body part than that dumb ol' apostrophe. Of course we know that it's really "penises" or "penes", so I guess the point is moot, but it's still one of those peculiarities of the English language.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 10:20 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's kinda funny how dems are all backing away from confronting Russia now.

For the last 10-15 years they have confronted Putin on everything and even threatened war... now that the poopoo has hit the fan? Wha? We never said such things...

So yes all of this is Biden's fault and the cowardly democrats fault.

https://www.newsweek.com/taliban-calls-r...an-1682616

The freaking TALIBAN is asking Russia to pursue peaceful negotiations for fear of civilian casualties. What the hell is 2022?

The Taliban!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-25-2022, 10:28 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/taliban-calls-r...an-1682616

The freaking TALIBAN is asking Russia to pursue peaceful negotiations for fear of civilian casualties. What the hell is 2022?

The Taliban!

They don’t want Russia muscling in on their territory. 

‘Please, leave the killing to us.’

(02-25-2022, 10:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 10:28 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://www.newsweek.com/taliban-calls-r...an-1682616

The Taliban!

They don’t want Russia muscling in on their territory. 

If Russia attains all its former soviet satellites... Afghanistan would make sense as a likely next target.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 11:05 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-25-2022, 10:53 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 10:50 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They don’t want Russia muscling in on their territory. 

If Russia attains all its former soviet satellites... Afghanistan would make sense as a likely next target.

Yep, Russia and Putin haven't forgotten that 80's debacle. That would go a ways in saving some national face for the former Soviet Union. Not to mention the untapped resources of lithium, uranium, coal, oil and natural gas they could acquire. There's a pattern here.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 11:18 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-25-2022, 08:48 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 03:16 AM)captivating Wrote: And yet so many people want him back.

People want Trump back because they believe he's not beholden to the system. And why wouldn't they think that? The establishment has attacked him at every turn. An impartial media would solve a lot of these problems.

And the left and middle see right wing extremist who support Trump as constantly making excuses for the guy's bad behavior and never holding him accountable for anything. They may say something like, "well we all know he's a narcissists, but........." There should be no but's. The president of the United States is the highest and most respected position in America. We should not have to settle for someone with major character flaws who acts outlandishly. We also shouldn't have to settle for some weak and spineless old man who fumbles over his words and obviously has no clue what to do at any sign of a crisis, yet that was our choice in the last election. 

I used to think only the best and brightest got to be president. Something changed though and that fantasy died a long time ago. Now, I know the truth. It's whatever repugnant, blowhard can fool the most people into voting for him/her.

(02-25-2022, 09:32 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:15 PM)captivating Wrote: What would propose that Biden do?

(02-25-2022, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What do you think Biden should do?

For starters he should open the Keystone pipeline and get energy production running the way that it was under President Trump.  Also he should push to get Russia either removed from or limited access to the SWIFT banking system.

This. And Biden should go after Putin's personal finances. We should also use every secret black ops asset at our disposal to try and take Putin out without anyone knowing who did it. Right now, most of the world hates Putin, including many of his own people, so if he drops dead, there would be no shortage of suspects.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 12:37 PM by mikesez.)

(02-25-2022, 09:32 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:15 PM)captivating Wrote: What would propose that Biden do?

(02-25-2022, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What do you think Biden should do?

Keystone pipeline is for very heavy oil.  Europe isn't dependent on heavy oil from Russia.  They are dependent on natural gas from Russia.  The Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with any of this.
As for the SWIFT system, I tend to agree, though I wonder how easy it would be to let them back in if and when they leave Ukraine. Biden seems to be waiting on agreement from UK and Germany that it's the right time to play the SWIFT card.  UK and Germany would be risking a lot more from such a move than the US.

(02-25-2022, 09:44 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: Obama did not install Zelensky as President.  Obama was in power when Poroshenko became President in 2014, but Zelensky beat Poroshenko in a landslide in 2019.

The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place.  Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did.  The sanctions Putin faces now are "tougher" than the ones he faced under Trump.

Get your facts right before you spout off, guys.

As usual you are wrong.  Biden actually gave Putin a huge gift last year.

Yes, he lifted those sanctions for a little while against better advice, but, the pipeline never became operational and the sanctions are back in place now.  Putin and his regime got no benefit from Biden's temporary lapse in judgement.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Watching the NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg addressing the media and taking questions. He's very animated. He also looks exasperated. I can't imagine his job is easy. I think he just said they may deploy a NATO response or defense force (or maybe already have). It's a first in the history of NATO if I understood him correctly. Interesting.

(02-25-2022, 12:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 09:32 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: For starters he should open the Keystone pipeline and get energy production running the way that it was under President Trump.  Also he should push to get Russia either removed from or limited access to the SWIFT banking system.

Keystone pipeline is for very heavy oil.  Europe isn't dependent on heavy oil from Russia.  They are dependent on natural gas from Russia.  The Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with any of this.
As for the SWIFT system, I tend to agree, though I wonder how easy it would be to let them back in if and when they leave Ukraine. Biden seems to be waiting on agreement from UK and Germany that it's the right time to play the SWIFT card.  UK and Germany would be risking a lot more from such a move than the US.

(02-25-2022, 09:44 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: As usual you are wrong.  Biden actually gave Putin a huge gift last year.

Yes, he lifted those sanctions for a little while against better advice, but, the pipeline never became operational and the sanctions are back in place now.  Putin and his regime got no benefit from Biden's temporary lapse in judgement.

Once again you are wrong.  The Keystone Pipeline shutdown by your president was the first mistake, along with basically killing the oil and gas industry.  Do you even realize how much oil we import from Russia now vs. 2019?  We are essentially financing this invasion all in the name of "climate control" and reversing everything that President Trump did.

So you admit that you were wrong with your statement "The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place.  Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did."?

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 05:33 PM by mikesez.)

(02-25-2022, 04:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 12:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: Keystone pipeline is for very heavy oil.  Europe isn't dependent on heavy oil from Russia.  They are dependent on natural gas from Russia.  The Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with any of this.

Once again you are wrong.  The Keystone Pipeline shutdown by your president was the first mistake, along with basically killing the oil and gas industry.  Do you even realize how much oil we import from Russia now vs. 2019?  We are essentially financing this invasion all in the name of "climate control" and reversing everything that President Trump did.

So you admit that you were wrong with your statement "The sanctions Trump put on Russia are still in place.  Biden has put sanctions on Russia in addition to the ones Trump did."?

Tell me. I like tables and graphs.

Putin clearly wants the USSR back together. He always has. Afghanistan will be next after he grabs the remaining former states, thus 'fixing' two huge failures of the last century. Oh yeah, and the natural resources of all those former USSR countries and Afghan? Putin wants them. Peace treaties will be signed by all those nations in exchange for military withdrawal and de-escalation of aggression by Russia. Everything the West worked for last century capped by Reagan is about to be undone.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-25-2022, 07:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Putin clearly wants the USSR back together. He always has. Afghanistan will be next after he grabs the remaining former states, thus 'fixing' two huge failures of the last century. Oh yeah, and the natural resources of all those former USSR countries and Afghan? Putin wants them.  Peace treaties will be signed by all those nations in exchange for military withdrawal and de-escalation of aggression by Russia. Everything the West worked for last century capped by Reagan is about to be undone.

Not all of them.  Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are all former USSR countries but they're part of NATO now.

(02-25-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 07:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Putin clearly wants the USSR back together. He always has. Afghanistan will be next after he grabs the remaining former states, thus 'fixing' two huge failures of the last century. Oh yeah, and the natural resources of all those former USSR countries and Afghan? Putin wants them.  Peace treaties will be signed by all those nations in exchange for military withdrawal and de-escalation of aggression by Russia. Everything the West worked for last century capped by Reagan is about to be undone.

Not all of them.  Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are all former USSR countries but they're part of NATO now.

There are others that were Soviet block even if they weren't part of the USSR proper. Who knows how far Putin's ambitions go? NATO could get sucked in regardless.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(02-25-2022, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 04:47 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Once again you are wrong.  The Keystone Pipeline shutdown by your president was the first mistake, along with basically killing the oil and gas industry.  Do you even realize how much oil we import from Russia now vs. 2019?  We are essentially financing this invasion all in the name of "climate control" and reversing everything that President Trump did.

Tell me.  I like tables and graphs.

Don't be a [BLEEP] [BLEEP]. Google it yourself.

Looks like Chinese military aircraft have been entering Taiwan's air defense zone recently.

Getting interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 08:55 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

This thing is starting to get scary. I just read an article where Russia directly threatened possible military action against Sweden and Finland today, if they go forward with plans to join NATO. I don't know who in the hell Putin thinks he is, believing he can influence foreign policies of independent nations, but he's entering dangerous territory. Such attacks would enter far into Europe and we would have to take direct action. We cannot allow another foreign "madman" to think they can try to march through Europe and do whatever they want. Hitler tried that once and it didn't end well for him. I have a bad feeling we are entering WW3. I read another article that said the Chinese are moving forces along Taiwan's air space. I believe they will invade that country within a matter of weeks. It's beginning.