Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia invades Ukraine

There is no excuse for bombing any residential area or school still occupied by civilians. If you suspect there are targets in the area you use special operations forces to take them out the way the Mossad does. Specific targets are dealt with to lessen collateral damage.

This whole situation is a Charlie Foxtrot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-11-2022, 08:11 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 06:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You are spouting pure Russian propaganda.  It makes me wonder who you really are.  

"They aren't affected by this much. Now that they are affected..."  You contradict yourself.  Are they affected or not?  

You say you "look past the MSM sources."  Where is that?  Can you provide a link?  Where is the evidence that an apartment or school is a legitimate military target?  Where is the evidence, or even a source, for anything else in the above post?

Yes there is propaganda on both sides. What I'm talking about is the Ukrainian stuff that they claimed Russia did and then Russia released their video showing the full picture.

I don't have links for things that happened months ago. Maybe if I have time I'll find some for you. You should instead look at sources from all sides and not just take the MSM side as truth.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

There's a ton of propaganda on both sides. There's also a ton of good people who are pretty much forced to fight in a war that I can guarantee that most don't want to participate in.. 

I've read quite a few articles lately about both the Russian and Ukraine people. My conclusion is, they're just like us. They have their extremists like we have, but we also have a nation of generally, good and caring people. People who have to deal with tyrants in office. So I'm definitely not going to judge the Russian or Ukraine people, but I will judge their governments.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 12:52 AM by p_rushing.)

(10-11-2022, 09:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There is no excuse for bombing any residential area or school still occupied by civilians. If you suspect there are targets in the area you use special operations forces to take them out the way the Mossad does. Specific targets are dealt with to lessen collateral damage.

I agree with this and if you look at history of Russia, they were tame and held way back. They rarely bombed missle defense systems that were on civilian buildings. They also took a slow approach to clearing the cities they attacked and didn't just flatten them. What we are seeing now is what could have been done from the start if they wanted to. Most of the cities will be without power and no rail service in a few days. The transition stations are also being taken out and this will lead to even the diesel trains not being able to run.

It's going to get bad very quickly if the bombing doesn't stop. If you didn't see who Russia promoted to command the forces, this is the 1st time during the war/special whatever that they had a single commander, it is not going to be good for Ukraine. He is bombing them before the invasion happens, similar to Iraq plan. The question becomes how much power does he have and how long do they wait for Ukrainian people to force peace.

(10-11-2022, 07:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: There's a ton of propaganda on both sides. There's also a ton of good people who are pretty much forced to fight in a war that I can guarantee that most don't want to participate in.. 

I've read quite a few articles lately about both the Russian and Ukraine people. My conclusion is, they're just like us. They have their extremists like we have, but we also have a nation of generally, good and caring people. People who have to deal with tyrants in office. So I'm definitely not going to judge the Russian or Ukraine people, but I will judge their governments.

The people are definitely getting screwed by their leaders. The people in the east were used to it as the government was bombing them for years. The older people may remember the forced famines by Stalin that their parents went through. Then they became harden supporters to stop that. Then they get freedom but the country is split because a bunch them are Russian or Chechens. Now nazis have a foothold in the country because they have been conditioned to hate the people that are different than them because the blame is pushed to the Russians for all the corruption in Ukraine.

Regardless of the leaders being Russian or installed by the West, everything stays the same.

I saw a meme that said something like Ukraine has the worst roads in the world and infrastructure is failing apart but everyone drives luxury cars. Everyone is skiming off the top of the government funds that they can't afford upkeep but yet everyone can afford a nice car. It's only the regular, nonconnected people that struggle.

I hope the people start demanding peace but looks like the SBC isn't going to allow it. Looks like anyone that isn't toeing the Russia is getting killed line is finding themselves missing. The US will also block piece unless they can't get any more money out of the war.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 09:26 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-12-2022, 12:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 09:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: There is no excuse for bombing any residential area or school still occupied by civilians. If you suspect there are targets in the area you use special operations forces to take them out the way the Mossad does. Specific targets are dealt with to lessen collateral damage.

I agree with this and if you look at history of Russia, they were tame and held way back. They rarely bombed missle defense systems that were on civilian buildings. They also took a slow approach to clearing the cities they attacked and didn't just flatten them. What we are seeing now is what could have been done from the start if they wanted to. Most of the cities will be without power and no rail service in a few days. The transition stations are also being taken out and this will lead to even the diesel trains not being able to run.

It's going to get bad very quickly if the bombing doesn't stop. If you didn't see who Russia promoted to command the forces, this is the 1st time during the war/special whatever that they had a single commander, it is not going to be good for Ukraine. He is bombing them before the invasion happens, similar to Iraq plan. The question becomes how much power does he have and how long do they wait for Ukrainian people to force peace.

(10-11-2022, 07:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: There's a ton of propaganda on both sides. There's also a ton of good people who are pretty much forced to fight in a war that I can guarantee that most don't want to participate in.. 

The people are definitely getting screwed by their leaders. The people in the east were used to it as the government was bombing them for years. The older people may remember the forced famines by Stalin that their parents went through. Then they became harden supporters to stop that. Then they get freedom but the country is split because a bunch them are Russian or Chechens. Now nazis have a foothold in the country because they have been conditioned to hate the people that are different than them because the blame is pushed to the Russians for all the corruption in Ukraine.

Regardless of the leaders being Russian or installed by the West, everything stays the same.

I saw a meme that said something like Ukraine has the worst roads in the world and infrastructure is failing apart but everyone drives luxury cars. Everyone is skiming off the top of the government funds that they can't afford upkeep but yet everyone can afford a nice car. It's only the regular,  nonconnected people that struggle.

I hope the people start demanding peace but looks like the SBC isn't going to allow it. Looks like anyone that isn't toeing the Russia is getting killed line is finding themselves missing. The US will also block piece unless they can't get any more money out of the war.

Pure, unadulterated Russian propaganda.  Why you want to post messages like that is beyond me, unless you live in Russia and are working for the Russian government.  The fact that you never post a link to a source for any of your claims is very telling.  

Putin is losing this war.  He is out of options, so he has turned to terror attacks against civilians.  It's like a murder-suicide.  If he can't have Ukraine, he's going to flatten it.  The man is a war criminal.  

Anyone with eyes and ears knows what is actually happening.  Even pro-Russia news outlets are reporting that the Russian army is in deep trouble.  The Russian army sucks.  They have bad leadership, they have bad morale, their logistics are terrible, and their weapons are out of date.  Their answer is to kill the people they were supposed to be trying to liberate, and destroy they country they were supposed to be helping.  Attacking civilians is all they have left.  

Ukrainians don't want to be part of Russia.  That's why they fight so hard for their country.

(10-12-2022, 09:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 12:48 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I agree with this and if you look at history of Russia, they were tame and held way back. They rarely bombed missle defense systems that were on civilian buildings. They also took a slow approach to clearing the cities they attacked and didn't just flatten them. What we are seeing now is what could have been done from the start if they wanted to. Most of the cities will be without power and no rail service in a few days. The transition stations are also being taken out and this will lead to even the diesel trains not being able to run.

I saw a meme that said something like Ukraine has the worst roads in the world and infrastructure is failing apart but everyone drives luxury cars. Everyone is skiming off the top of the government funds that they can't afford upkeep but yet everyone can afford a nice car. It's only the regular,  nonconnected people that struggle.

Pure, unadulterated Russian propaganda.  Why you want to post messages like that is beyond me, unless you live in Russia and are working for the Russian government.  The fact that you never post a link to a source for any of your claims is very telling.  

Putin is losing this war.  He is out of options, so he has turned to terror attacks against civilians.  It's like a murder-suicide.  If he can't have Ukraine, he's going to flatten it.  The man is a war criminal.  

Anyone with eyes and ears knows what is actually happening.  Even pro-Russia news outlets are reporting that the Russian army is in deep trouble.  The Russian army sucks.  They have bad leadership, they have bad morale, their logistics are terrible, and their weapons are out of date.  Their answer is to kill the people they were supposed to be trying to liberate, and destroy they country they were supposed to be helping.  Attacking civilians is all they have left.  

Ukrainians don't want to be part of Russia.  That's why they fight so hard for their country

I'm sorry you are so brainwashed you can't see beyond what MSM is telling you. I guess the Russian people living in Eastern Ukraine that voted to join Russia didn't want to leave Ukraine. I guess they should have just told the Ukrainian army that was bombing them almost daily for the last 8 years. Over 14,000 civilians were killed, this fact has even been reported in the MSM but you won't hear about it now.

You say the people are fighting so hard for their country but again you are only speaking about western Ukraine. Eastern Ukraine is fighting with Russia against Ukraine.

You seem to think you know what Russia's goals are. How do you know what Russia wants? You say the Russian army sucks, their weapons are out of date, and they have poor leadership, so why do you fear fighting them? Why are you fine with the west and NATO using the Ukrainian people to fight a proxy war with Russia if they suck so bad? Why don't you just get on your Warhawk and start saying we should be openly at war with Russia? Why aren't you over there fighting?

I guess we will just keep moving the goalposts when Russia still hasn't run out of forces, rockets, tanks, food, etc during the winter while the Ukrainian people and the rest of the EU freeze because they have no power.

You should open a history book and learn about the people and how diverse and broken up the country is. I know people in Ukraine and I know people who have fled Russia. Neither government is right. Russia can claim the upper hand as they "were just freeing the Russian people in the east from the crimes against humanity the Ukrainian army was committing". (Doesn't that sound familiar to what the US has done many times) Now with Russia expanding the targets to infrastructure and causing civilian casualties, they lose that upper hand.

All of this is happening because the elites want to attack the elites in Russia and stop them from having a chance to over take them by joining with the Eastern powers. Meanwhile people suffer everywhere for the proxy war and the people of Ukraine pay with their lives.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 09:40 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

Think about the people you interact with each day. Think about the amount of influence that each of you would have to end a war, if the US was involved in a war that you didn't agree with. You would have to take dramatic actions and risk ruining your reputation or ending up in jail before you could hope to have any kind of influence.
The average Russian or Ukranian has even less influence on their leaders than that. It's sad.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 05:40 AM by Ronster. Edited 3 times in total.)

Interesting town hall meeting in the Bronx Wednesday with AOC. Two protesters interrupted her too call her out for supporting “Ukrainian Nazis” and helping too march the The world into WW3.

We are either being played, or all of D.C has lost their collective minds. They are raiding our treasury while simultaneously marching us all towards nuclear Armageddon.

https://youtu.be/theoRnX1NT0
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-14-2022, 05:38 AM)Ronster Wrote: Interesting town hall meeting in the Bronx Wednesday with AOC. Two protesters interrupted her too call her out for supporting “Ukrainian Nazis” and helping too march the The world into WW3.

We are either being played, or all of D.C has lost their collective minds. They are raiding our treasury while simultaneously marching us all towards nuclear Armageddon.

https://youtu.be/theoRnX1NT0
Some guest on Foxnews said it's great, it's only cost $60 billion and our soldiers aren't the ones dying for a war with Russia and to crush them.

Not looking good as WW3 is on the way. Russia has been reporting they stopped a bunch of attacks by the SBU inside Russia. Belarus is reporting they have gotten info that attacks were planned there. Obviously no way to confirm attacks that didn't happen but the repeated reporting of arrests means they want the narrative to show that.

Russian troops are arriving in Belarus and Belarus is transporting their troops and equipment to the border. Looks like this is getting worse soon and Kyiv is going to have troops on the ground soon.

(10-15-2022, 01:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Not looking good as WW3 is on the way. Russia has been reporting they stopped a bunch of attacks by the SBU inside Russia. Belarus is reporting they have gotten info that attacks were planned there. Obviously no way to confirm attacks that didn't happen but the repeated reporting of arrests means they want the narrative to show that.

Russian troops are arriving in Belarus and Belarus is transporting their troops and equipment to the border. Looks like this is getting worse soon and Kyiv is going to have troops on the ground soon.

"Russia has been reporting..."  
"Belarus is reporting..."

Do you have any links to that?  Where do you get your information?

(10-15-2022, 02:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 01:30 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Not looking good as WW3 is on the way. Russia has been reporting they stopped a bunch of attacks by the SBU inside Russia. Belarus is reporting they have gotten info that attacks were planned there. Obviously no way to confirm attacks that didn't happen but the repeated reporting of arrests means they want the narrative to show that.

I did see something on youtube from Sky News or France 24 or one of those that things were getting dicey. And Belarus is pro-Russia so I wouldn't be surprised. I didn't watch it though.

SMDH 

[Image: FfJYdR5X0AAhqi6?format=jpg&name=large]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(10-15-2022, 02:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That stuff is from Russian news aggregates. It's coming directly from FSB and MOB. There's no way to confirm anything they have said unless the SBU confirms it. Those sources are basically the same as MSM but from the Russian side.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/bel...022-10-10/
That has some of the statements in it but there's a lot more going on.

Ukraine has been amassing some troops near the border and doing some "training". Saw something about a bridge being blown up near the border. Belarus saying Ukraine is trying to organize terrorists attacks like they did in Russia, then they got a note about an attack being planned before the Ukrainian ambassador visited or something like that. Then saying Ukraine is planning to invade so they are moving troops to the border. Now Russia is sending troops and weapons to the border.

This cleared the legal requirements for having Belarus join Russia in defense of the union. While they are experienced troops, 20,000-40,000 troops could cause issues and further split the Ukrainian troops.

I don't think anything will happen immediately but Russian troops are there now and they are forming the joint force for "defense" but they will easily be changed if they need to advance into Ukraine.

(10-16-2022, 12:23 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 02:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: "Russia has been reporting..."  

That stuff is from Russian news aggregates. It's coming directly from FSB and MOB. There's no way to confirm anything they have said unless the SBU confirms it. Those sources are basically the same as MSM but from the Russian side.

Ukraine has been amassing some troops near the border and doing some "training". Saw something about a bridge being blown up near the border. Belarus saying Ukraine is trying to organize terrorists attacks like they did in Russia, then they got a note about an attack being planned before the Ukrainian ambassador visited or something like that. Then saying Ukraine is planning to invade so they are moving troops to the border. Now Russia is sending troops and weapons to the border.

This cleared the legal requirements for having Belarus join Russia in defense of the union. While they are experienced troops, 20,000-40,000 troops could cause issues and further split the Ukrainian troops.

I don't think anything will happen immediately but Russian troops are there now and they are forming the joint force for "defense" but they will easily be changed if they need to advance into Ukraine.

So, you get your information from Russian sources.  And you trust those news sources more than you trust news that comes from countries that have free speech and a free press? 

Serious question, and I'm not sure if I expect an honest answer, but here goes- where do you live?  And, are you employed by the Russian government?  

You see, it's hard for me to believe that you believe the stuff you post, which mostly consists of Russian propaganda.

(10-15-2022, 02:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

The Russian Ministry of Propaganda.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2022, 11:44 AM by p_rushing.)

(10-16-2022, 07:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 12:23 AM)p_rushing Wrote: That stuff is from Russian news aggregates. It's coming directly from FSB and MOB. There's no way to confirm anything they have said unless the SBU confirms it. Those sources are basically the same as MSM but from the Russian side.

So, you get your information from Russian sources.  And you trust those news sources more than you trust news that comes from countries that have free speech and a free press? 

Serious question, and I'm not sure if I expect an honest answer, but here goes- where do you live?  And, are you employed by the Russian government?  

You see, it's hard for me to believe that you believe the stuff you post, which mostly consists of Russian propaganda.
No I take the reports from both sides because you will only get 1 side in the US. They tell you what they want you to believe. The same thing happens on the other side. Then look at some independent sources that report information that is good and bad for both sides. After that you can generally find the truth in the middle somewhere.

If you look at this only from the west view, you think like you do. You miss all the complexities in why this is happening, what is truly happening on the ground, and outcomes. You don't need to take a side but to get you to care, the US needs you to care.

Belarus is doing the same thing right now. The people don't care about Ukraine and don't want a war. They have already revolted to previously against this leader. Legally Russia has to clear some hurdles with their defense union and that was done with the reports of SBU planning attacks, true or not. FBI or FSB, it's the same, as long as they say it's true then it's taken as proof. It also sets up the people to start caring and not revolt if they are forced into a war.

You could do a better job with citing your sources, and your posts have been inaccurate from time to time, which is going to cause doubt, especially in people who are already unlikely to believe you. However, Marty seems to think it's better to only get lied to from one perspective. Everyone is going to lie, but, unless you're watching how they lie, you will never learn how to question what you're being told. Taking in multiple perspectives is one of the MOST important tools in international affairs, but, by all means, let's just trust our government. They never lie to us.

Here is an interesting article about the Russian army's inability to deal with the HIMARS we have given to Ukraine.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-m...ne-2022-10

Raise your hands if anyone here thinks it’s a good idea to paint Putin and the Russians into a corner. Go ahead, I’ll wait..

I don't care. I probably should but I don't. I've got my own stuff to deal with. I guess if SHTF I'll had it to my list of stuff to deal with.