Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Russia invades Ukraine

Radiation levels increase in the exclusion zone surrounding Chernobyl after Russian military takes control of the plant. I didn't think about heavy machinery stirring up the soil and releasing radiation. Interesting. 

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/after-russ...sion-zone/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2022, 09:05 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-25-2022, 08:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: Tell me.  I like tables and graphs.

Don't be a [BLEEP] [BLEEP]. Google it yourself.

Nah.  I have enough work to do already. The burden of proof is always on the one making the claim. If he doesn't want to continue trying to change my opinion he doesn't have to, but he's a big boy and he doesn't need your foul mouth sticking up for him
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Too bad the youth in this country don't feel the way this man does about his country...... ALl they are taught in our indoctrination system is that the USA is bad so why would they want to fight.......

Former Ukrainian First Lady shares heartwarming photo of 80-year-old man carrying suitcase filled with 't-shirts, a toothbrush and sandwiches' ready to enlist in civilian army to 'fight for his grandkids'

Former Ukrainian First Lady Kateryna Yushchenko posted the photo on Twitter
She said it showed an 80-year-old grandfather showing up to enlist in the army
He had with him a suitcase filled with t-shirts, underpants, sandwiches and a toothbrush
'He said he was doing it for his grandkids,' Yuschenko wrote alongside it
Her husband Viktor Yuschenko was the President of Ukraine from 2005-2010
In 2004, while running for office, he was poisoned in an assassination attempt
It has long been believed that Russia was behind the attack and that they wanted to back Yuschenko's Kremlin-friendly opponent

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...CJClrmGAGs
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(02-25-2022, 08:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Looks like Chinese military aircraft have been entering Taiwan's air defense zone recently.

Getting interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hopefully it's just pushing the edge while the world's attention is focused elsewhere.  If it's a preplanned move, coordinating timing with the Russian invasion...............
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Seriously if China is ever going to make a move this is the time otherwise it’s all talk. Hopefully they’re all talk
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Well Putin waited until the Olympics were over. China couldn't very well have encroached on Taiwan without a serious diversion. Cue Putin invading after the Olympics end and while the world is focused on that crisis China tests Taiwan.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 03:59 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-26-2022, 01:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Well Putin waited until the Olympics were over. China couldn't very well have encroached on Taiwan without a serious diversion. Cue Putin invading after the Olympics end and while the world is focused on that crisis China tests Taiwan.

China and Russia are not officially allies, but they coordinate with each other better than most NATO countries do. And both are committed to undermine the US.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-25-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 07:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Putin clearly wants the USSR back together. He always has. Afghanistan will be next after he grabs the remaining former states, thus 'fixing' two huge failures of the last century. Oh yeah, and the natural resources of all those former USSR countries and Afghan? Putin wants them.  Peace treaties will be signed by all those nations in exchange for military withdrawal and de-escalation of aggression by Russia. Everything the West worked for last century capped by Reagan is about to be undone.

Not all of them.  Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are all former USSR countries but they're part of NATO now.

Ok. So that's 6 million more people that Russia won't rule. Personally, I hope not, cause Tallarin is on my travel bucket list. And I'd like to catch the kavorca in Latvia.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-26-2022, 02:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Russian tracked vehicle intentionally crushes car with driver inside.
I've seen some reports pointing to this maybe not being true. There have also been some stuff reported after the firearm giveaway and people attacking other people.

Really have to wait on a lot of the info because of the connections to Ukraine and Russia that all the people in power have. No way to know the truth.

There's stuff going around online with the bio labs that were setup by the US and now the state department removes everything from online. Why do that if it isn't true? Russia bombed most of the lab locations but they were located in cities so there was no way anyone actually knew if labs were bombed or not.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 06:30 AM by homebiscuit.)

Russian space program chief says US sanctions could 'destroy' International Space Station partnership

Russia is quickly digging a hole for itself that will take years, if not decades, to recover from. They've previously issued veiled threats about disconnecting their units from the ISS by 2025 as pushback for NASA's stated goal of leaving the ISS by 2030 in order to transition to Commercial LEO Destinations (CLD). The U.S. believes 2030 is sufficient time to transition their operations from the ISS to CLDs. The Russians don't like it because they are perfectly aware that the U.S., European Space Agency and Japan can effectively and efficiently operate in Low Earth Orbit without them, essentially creating another cold war space race. 

The U.S. became heavily involved in the Russian space industry at the collapse of the USSR in order to prevent their scientists and engineers from selling talent to undesirable entities. During that time Russia did little to modernize. While Soyuz spacecraft are reliable, they are horribly outdated, which is why they bristled and attempted to create roadblocks when SpaceX launched its first capsule to the ISS. They knew it meant the beginning of the end for their outdated equipment. While there are robust applications for Russia's space agency in the military realm, they've done little to establish a foothold in the commercialization and research domains. Other than providing launch platforms for commercial satellites, the ISS provides the only real depth for their space program outside of military applications. 

Russia's problem is equivalent to Germany's denazification stasis after WWII; there are too many leftovers from the old guard to move forward until they have aged out of the system. Likewise, Russia is going to flounder, and the world will experience flare ups of the old Soviet autocracy in the years to come. Putin and Roscosmos Director-General Dimitry Rogozin are dinosaurs waiting to fade away. Until then, Russia will remain a hindrance and a threat on Earth and in space.

(02-26-2022, 05:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 02:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Russian tracked vehicle intentionally crushes car with driver inside.
I've seen some reports pointing to this maybe not being true. There have also been some stuff reported after the firearm giveaway and people attacking other people.

Really have to wait on a lot of the info because of the connections to Ukraine and Russia that all the people in power have. No way to know the truth.

There's stuff going around online with the bio labs that were setup by the US and now the state department removes everything from online. Why do that if it isn't true? Russia bombed most of the lab locations but they were located in cities so there was no way anyone actually knew if labs were bombed or not.

The video was faked?

The tank crushing that car looked real enough to me. It was all over Instagram yesterday. The elderly woman survived it somehow. As was the Snake Island correspondence when the Ukrainians there told the Russian's to go [BLEEP] themselves after they were told to surrender.

I know I'll probably catch a lot of [BLEEP] for what I am about to say, but, again, Sanctions will not cut it this time. Ukraine is resource rich compared to the rest of Europe. If Putin has already gone this far there's no coming back now from it. I really think you need to send them a message. Pick three or four buildings within a 5 - 10 mile radius around the Kremlin. Give it a few love taps via aerial assault and then go from there.

Putin has been instigating a lot of [BLEEP] recently. My wife's from Bosnia. The "president" in Croatia was recently denying all of the crazy [BLEEP] that happened in the 90's when Yugoslavia went to [BLEEP]. He denied the genocide that happened there openly. It's already created turmoil and protests among the countries there. Putin was on record commending him and egging his behavior on.

Just waiting on Iran now to start running their mouths.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Since 1945 there hasn't been too much going on at this level. This is serious [BLEEP]. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. The US and NATO cannot allow Putin to take territory over. It will just embolden and enable other countries to start doing similar [BLEEP].

North Korea, China, etc. They need to give him an ultimatum. Stand down. Pull away from Ukraine within a week or you're going to see bullets fly from high and low.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 11:14 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-26-2022, 07:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The tank crushing that car looked real enough to me. It was all over Instagram yesterday. The elderly woman survived it somehow. As was the Snake Island correspondence when the Ukrainians there told the Russian's to go [BLEEP] themselves after they were told to surrender.

I know I'll probably catch a lot of [BLEEP] for what I am about to say, but, again, Sanctions will not cut it this time. Ukraine is resource rich compared to the rest of Europe. If Putin has already gone this far there's no coming back now from it. I really think you need to send them a message. Pick three or four buildings within a 5 - 10 mile radius around the Kremlin. Give it a few love taps via aerial assault and then go from there.

Putin has been instigating a lot of [BLEEP] recently. My wife's from Bosnia. The "president" in Croatia was recently denying all of the crazy [BLEEP] that happened in the 90's when Yugoslavia went to [BLEEP]. He denied the genocide that happened there openly. It's already created turmoil and protests among the countries there. Putin was on record commending him and egging his behavior on.

Is your wife Bosnian Serb or Bosnian Bosnian?
Bosnia is one of those countries that doesn't really govern itself.  All decisions have to be approved by the High Representative.  The current High Representative was appointed by Germany but is not recognized by Russia.  Meanwhile the Serb areas are trying to secede from this arrangement.  So this is yet another part of the world where Russia is stirring the pot against the EU.

As for the President of Croatia, he shouldn't have said anything about Srbenicia, but, he did have a point.  What happened there was bad, but it was also an order of magnitude less bad than what happened in the 1940s.  I don't know why it matters, but, he wasn't wrong. As they say, "you're not wrong, you're just an [BLEEP]".

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 11:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

The Republican Party seems to be torn between "Biden is too weak and he's not doing enough" and "I don't care about the Ukraine, let it go, let's focus on more important things."

It's quite a split.

(02-26-2022, 07:11 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Since 1945 there hasn't been too much going on at this level. This is serious [BLEEP]. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. The US and NATO cannot allow Putin to take territory over. It will just embolden and enable other countries to start doing similar [BLEEP].

North Korea, China, etc. They need to give him an ultimatum. Stand down. Pull away from Ukraine within a week or you're going to see bullets fly from high and low.

Sure, except Russia has nuclear weapons and they appear to care about the Ukraine more than we do.  So, issuing threats and then shooting at them, as you propose, is not a good idea.

(02-26-2022, 06:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The video was faked?

It may have happened before Russian troops got there. So potentially it was an Ukrainian tank or being driven by them. It could also be a saboteur.

A lone tank, no backup, doesn't make a lot of sense when they are supposedly advancing to take the city. There were also reports of people using their free guns to internally fight and try to grab some power or steal some stuff.

The ghost of Kyiv was faked and was from a video game.

If Ukraine is allowed to negotiate, sounds like the US doesn't want them to, this should be over quickly. It just appears like all the liberals want Ukraine to stay open for their corruption.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2022, 12:56 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-26-2022, 10:53 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 07:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The tank crushing that car looked real enough to me. It was all over Instagram yesterday. The elderly woman survived it somehow. As was the Snake Island correspondence when the Ukrainians there told the Russian's to go [BLEEP] themselves after they were told to surrender.

Is your wife Bosnian Serb or Bosnian Bosnian?
Bosnia is one of those countries that doesn't really govern itself.  All decisions have to be approved by the High Representative.  The current High Representative was appointed by Germany but is not recognized by Russia.  Meanwhile the Serb areas are trying to secede from this arrangement.  So this is yet another part of the world where Russia is stirring the pot against the EU.

As for the President of Croatia, he shouldn't have said anything about Srbenicia, but, he did have a point.  What happened there was bad, but it was also an order of magnitude less bad than what happened in the 1940s.  I don't know why it matters, but, he wasn't wrong.  As they say, "you're not wrong, you're just an [BLEEP]".

Bosnian. They consider themselves ex Yugoslavians more than anything. Her dad is Orthodox religiously and her Mom is (was) Muslim during those times pre-War. After the War they fled to Germany and then eventually ended up here in Jacksonville in the 90's. They never want to live there again. 

They do have a long history of conflict over there. Her Grandmother's have both told me this. One came here with them in the 90s from her Mother's side and the other stayed in Bosnia and let her only son/child go. The grandmother still living in Bosnia was a War orphan from the 1940's. Her nor her husband, my father in law's parents, they have no clue who their real parents were. 

It's very deeply rooted over there. I often laugh with some of my friends here that think the US is littered with racist people, granted, we have our issues with that. However, from what I have seen geopolitically? Virtually almost of Europe and Africa is also deeply rooted in racism and hatred amongst each other. Asia is just as bad. Ethnic cleanses or attempts at ethnic cleanses were and, in some cases, still are widely viewed as acceptable over there. 

I agree with that last bit for sure. The 1940's were rough for a lot of European countries. Especially those caught in between Germany and Russia's power.

(02-26-2022, 11:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Republican Party seems to be torn between "Biden is too weak and he's not doing enough" and "I don't care about the Ukraine, let it go, let's focus on more important things." 

It's quite a split.

(02-26-2022, 07:11 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Since 1945 there hasn't been too much going on at this level. This is serious [BLEEP]. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't. The US and NATO cannot allow Putin to take territory over. It will just embolden and enable other countries to start doing similar [BLEEP].

Sure, except Russia has nuclear weapons and they appear to care about the Ukraine more than we do.  So, issuing threats and then shooting at them, as you propose, is not a good idea.

As I said. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Letting Russia get away with taking independent territory away for it's own gain is not a good idea as well. Again, if it happens it'll just encourage China and North Korea and potentially Iran to start inching their military closer and closer to territories and countries they want to command and conquer. 

I guess we'll just head into another Cold War and continue to let Technocrats get ahead of us in the East and then quietly in the dead of night they can pin point laser strike us from space satellites. Cool beans I guess.

(02-26-2022, 12:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 06:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The video was faked?

It may have happened before Russian troops got there. So potentially it was an Ukrainian tank or being driven by them. It could also be a saboteur.

A lone tank, no backup, doesn't make a lot of sense when they are supposedly advancing to take the city. There were also reports of people using their free guns to internally fight and try to grab some power or steal some stuff.

The ghost of Kyiv was faked and was from a video game.

If Ukraine is allowed to negotiate, sounds like the US doesn't want them to, this should be over quickly. It just appears like all the liberals want Ukraine to stay open for their corruption.

https://twitter.com/Lxwolf1/status/14972...m7a82RXEqg

There are reports that the Russians are frustrated. Putin is pissed.

(02-26-2022, 01:27 PM)Jag88 Wrote: There are reports that the Russians are frustrated.  Putin is pissed.

They're rolling tanks and APC's into Ukraine while Ukraine's air defenses are still functional and Ukrainian jets are still flying.  I'd be frustrated too!