Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 vs 2023 1st round pick?

(03-04-2022, 05:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I could possibly see them moving up for Hutchinson. They desperately need pass rushers.

I think they're primed to make significant gains in that opening night of the draft if they end up sitting tight. 

At 15 they could very well end up landing Ahmad Gardner, that CB out of Cincinnati. The very next pick at 16 could be used on a receiver they like. Good chance there they could end up with Burks, London or Olave. Then, lastly, with that 19th pick? They'll probably be in a good position to draft Jermaine Johnson out of FSU at DE or Jordan Davis out of Georgia at DT. 

If I am in that war room I am not moving up at all. Hutchison or Thibodeaux would have to put up God like numbers tomorrow at the combine for me to move up. Even then, I am only giving up the 15th pick and 51st pick to move up for one of them. It's not a QB that's being coveted this year. 

And, to be honest? Jacksonville is hurting more in this scenario than they are. The Eagles play in a tipsy topsy division. A lot of people made fun of their new head coach because of the 'systems in place for systems" press conference but the kid apparently knows what he's doing. 

I sit tight on opening night. 15, 16 and 19 are prime slots in a suspect 1st RD draft class and you're more likely to land three quality starters on your team that make instant differences versus worrying about the boom/bust prospects that are there in the top 10.

Personally, I think Gardner is long gone by then. As long as he doesn't run some ridiculously slow 40 time, I think he's a top 5-7 pick. He's head and shoulders the best cover corner in this draft and imo, he's one of the top 3 players in the entire draft. 

Personally, if the Eagles stay put, I could see them taking defense with all 3 first round picks. Their defense was just flat out bad last year. I have them going #15 George Karlaftis, DE, #16 Devin Lloyd LB and #19 Derek Stingley CB. As deep as the WR class is, they could find a good one on day 2 of the draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-04-2022, 03:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 02:45 PM)Mikey Wrote: who in the world are they moving up for to give us two firsts and a third?

Who the world are we moving up for that's worth pick 33 and next years first?

If you see one of the top WR in this darft as the next Jamarr Chase, would you fret this much?
I never said move. I said I could see them moving if they are in love with a dude. Emotion leads to questionable choices.
I've long advocated waiting until at least 20 because the price tag will be lower and value will still be there at WR. But please, by all means, continue to beat the dead horse.

(03-04-2022, 05:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I could possibly see them moving up for Hutchinson. They desperately need pass rushers.

I think they're primed to make significant gains in that opening night of the draft if they end up sitting tight. 

At 15 they could very well end up landing Ahmad Gardner, that CB out of Cincinnati. The very next pick at 16 could be used on a receiver they like. Good chance there they could end up with Burks, London or Olave. Then, lastly, with that 19th pick? They'll probably be in a good position to draft Jermaine Johnson out of FSU at DE or Jordan Davis out of Georgia at DT. 

If I am in that war room I am not moving up at all. Hutchison or Thibodeaux would have to put up God like numbers tomorrow at the combine for me to move up. Even then, I am only giving up the 15th pick and 51st pick to move up for one of them. It's not a QB that's being coveted this year. 

And, to be honest? Jacksonville is hurting more in this scenario than they are. The Eagles play in a tipsy topsy division. A lot of people made fun of their new head coach because of the 'systems in place for systems" press conference but the kid apparently knows what he's doing. 

I sit tight on opening night. 15, 16 and 19 are prime slots in a suspect 1st RD draft class and you're more likely to land three quality starters on your team that make instant differences versus worrying about the boom/bust prospects that are there in the top 10.

If the Iggles are smart, they get two guys out of this year's firsts, and convert the other pick into a first next year and a few picks later in this darft or next. I think 16 is the easiest pick to shop around - get the guy you want, then start taking offers.

NE made a dynasty by continually stockpiling picks and converting them into future capital. Having extra picks next year will be nice insurance if Hurts doesn't cement his status as 'the man'.