Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post-combine Draft

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 05:10 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

Who do you guys want the Jaguars to draft, now that we have gotten more data from the combine? I am still firmly in the Hutchinson camp. I think his combine performance and production make this an easy decision.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hutchinson

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 01:33 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

EDGE at 1 don't care if it's Hutch, Thibs, or Walker. Then Pickens at 33, then whichever of Asamoah/Muma/Anderson falls to 65, then pray that Jelani Woods fell to 70, then pray that one of Lucas or Diesch fell to 102.

That's my dream draft.

Hutchinson. Thibodeaux showed his true colors after he told everyone he was gonna do the full workouts and didn't. He whined after posting a slower time than he wanted on the 40 and sat on the sidelines with a pouty look on his face. I was getting serious Jalen Ramsey vibes from this guy. We don't need another headcase like that on this team. We've been through enough.

Hutch or Evan Neal - I hope we can add to our line in FA so Hutch becomes an easier choice.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Hutchinson is still my choice. However, this FA will be very important. And it will make the #1 overall pick obvious afterwards. Neal is still a strong option. I'm not sure how it will play with Robinson. Little will be given a chance to start and Taylor should be demoted or released.

Thibs has talent but seems to me he has a god complex

Hate those types of people

(03-07-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/15009...FRRoi-64wA

At least they have one of the names right. Hopefully they don't screw up with Icky.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 04:59 PM by Newton.)

(03-07-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/15009...FRRoi-64wA

I like seeing that! It’s best to just draft the absolute best player at number one and not reach for a position of need. I’m not convinced any of these current prospects will actually be better than little anyhow

(03-07-2022, 01:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hutchinson. Thibodeaux showed his true colors after he told everyone he was gonna do the full workouts and didn't. He whined after posting a slower time than he wanted on the 40 and sat on the sidelines with a pouty look on his face. I was getting serious Jalen Ramsey vibes from this guy. We don't need another headcase like that on this team. We've been through enough.

That’s what I’m seeing as well. Lots of red flags . I like the guy with the production, not the guy who thinks he’s great and has the hype.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 05:38 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2022, 01:05 PM)Newton Wrote: Who do you guys want the Jaguars to draft, now that we have gotten more data from the combine? I am still firmly in the Hutchinson camp. I think his combine performance and production make this an easy decision.

Peter King seems to think Hutchinson is our pick at #1.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

From the article...
"My hunch is the Jaguars favor a spotless edge prospect over one of the tackles. Hutchinson flew home to Michigan on Sunday morning knowing he did nothing to hurt his cause. I’m not crazy about projecting who’s going to be a good NFL player based on some measured drill in shorts and a T-shirt, and this shouldn’t determine Hutchinson’s draft fate. But if you’ve seen the 3-cone drill—designed to measure a player’s speed while he changes direction in an instant—you know that it’s a valuable tool to judge edge rushers, receivers and cornerbacks. Hutchinson’s 6.73-second time here was faster than all but five players at this combine, two receivers and three defensive backs.

I don’t believe Jags GM Trent Baalke and coach Doug Pederson will be unduly swayed by combine tests. But the tape says a lot about Hutchinson’s raw power and instincts and drive. His college production (30.5 tackles-for-loss plus sacks last season) has made some scouts compare him to former NFL edge player Jared Allen, who put up 136 sacks in 12 NFL season. Their on-field zeal is certainly comparable."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-07-2022, 05:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Peter King seems to think Hutchinson is our pick at #1.

Going into the combine every mock I saw except for PFF had either Neal or Icky at 1, and PFF had Hutch. In the few days since the combine (at least since the OL and DL tests), I have seen like 75% Hutch and 25% Neal/Icky. I like that flip.

(03-07-2022, 05:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 01:05 PM)Newton Wrote: Who do you guys want the Jaguars to draft, now that we have gotten more data from the combine? I am still firmly in the Hutchinson camp. I think his combine performance and production make this an easy decision.

Peter King seems to think Hutchinson is our pick at #1.

From the article...
"My hunch is the Jaguars favor a spotless edge prospect over one of the tackles. Hutchinson flew home to Michigan on Sunday morning knowing he did nothing to hurt his cause. I’m not crazy about projecting who’s going to be a good NFL player based on some measured drill in shorts and a T-shirt, and this shouldn’t determine Hutchinson’s draft fate. But if you’ve seen the 3-cone drill—designed to measure a player’s speed while he changes direction in an instant—you know that it’s a valuable tool to judge edge rushers, receivers and cornerbacks. Hutchinson’s 6.73-second time here was faster than all but five players at this combine, two receivers and three defensive backs.

I don’t believe Jags GM Trent Baalke and coach Doug Pederson will be unduly swayed by combine tests. But the tape says a lot about Hutchinson’s raw power and instincts and drive. His college production (30.5 tackles-for-loss plus sacks last season) has made some scouts compare him to former NFL edge player Jared Allen, who put up 136 sacks in 12 NFL season. Their on-field zeal is certainly comparable."
A Jared Allen career would be great. Jags have also struck out so many times in round 1 that Hutch seems to be the safest as well.

I'm cool with Hutch but they also need to make sure they sure up that Oline. Dilla seems to think a push for Armstead is happening.

(03-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 05:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Peter King seems to think Hutchinson is our pick at #1.

From the article...

A Jared Allen career would be great. Jags have also struck out so many times in round 1 that Hutch seems to be the safest as well.

I'm cool with Hutch but they also need to make sure they sure up that Oline. Dilla seems to think a push for Armstead is happening.
Yes it would be, especially if he could avoid suspensions for substance abuse.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

From the article...

Well, they better back up the Brinks truck to his house.  If we offer similar money to the other teams, we won't sniff signing him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Hutch. Has as high a ceiling as anyone else, but I think his floor is much higher.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 09:53 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Athletic went WAY different than everyone else on Hutch post combine. All 5 of their staff writers had us taking Neal #1, and then the podcast linked has Brugler and LZ talking about how the NFL doesn't like Hutch like the media/fans do and their impression from the combine is that he may fall some (and they both have Walker going to the Texans at 3). Pretty bizarre for their entire site to be so different than almost everyone else I've seen. I don't agree with them either fwiw.

The Hutch talk starts around 17:20.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/br...0553197449

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 11:21 PM by Newton.)

Yeah Hutchinson had a great combine and incredible production on the field. I feel like this decision will be easier and easier as draft day approaches. You want elite talent at an impact position with the number 1 pick, and DE provides that.

(03-07-2022, 11:21 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah Hutchinson had a great combine and incredible production on the field. I feel like this decision will be easier and easier as draft day approaches. You want elite talent at an impact position with the number 1 pick, and DE provides that.

Agree, the size, production, and elite testing is all there.