Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post-combine Draft

(03-13-2022, 03:00 PM)Upper Wrote: I have not found anything that Thibs has said to be a red flag, no.

I don't think any of us went looking for links to see if there is any red flags on Thibs.  We were just calling it how we see it.  I think a lot of the people that make mocks seen the same thing.  He was universally number 1, now alot have him out of the top 5.  We will see come draft day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2022, 03:00 PM)Upper Wrote: I have not found anything that Thibs has said to be a red flag, no.

That's fine, but doesn't directly answer the question I posed.

I mean, Thibodeaux has been in the news for controversy already.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/...utType=amp

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eason/amp/

And then he did not really compete at the combine. Furthermore, his actual play was not up to the standard of a number 1 pick. I mean, he may be a total star, and it would be fine to pick him, but I would not pick him at number 1.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 06:15 PM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-13-2022, 01:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 01:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh no, full of himself and braggy! And he has a revenge list! Remove him from our board completely!

“I just DM’d Mel Kiper.”

Hutchinson was recalling a spring day in Ann Arbor in his sophomore year, May 2020. He was 19. He was full of himself, as many 19-year-olds are. He was all into his football life, coming off a nice sophomore season on the defensive line for the Wolverines.

So he went on Instagram. He found Mel Kiper’s account. He started tapping.

“I am going to be the number 1 DE on your Big Board, mark my words.”

He never got a response, this braggy kid from Michigan. He didn’t care. The message was sent.

“Now I gotta send a couple more direct messages to some other people,” Hutchinson said.

That is confidence. With Thibodeaux, it comes off as privileged arrogance. There is a distinct difference in their delivery. It's like the difference between listening to Patrick Mahomes talk about himself and Aaron Rodgers. Mahomes exudes confidence, but in a relatable way. Rodgers has a smugness about him that makes you wanna punch him in the face.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Assuming we don't get any more WRs in FA, I think we have cornered ourselves into being forced into Pickens or Watson at 33. We need an X receiver terribly bad and Burks and Dotson are not that.

(03-14-2022, 04:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Assuming we don't get any more WRs in FA, I think we have cornered ourselves into being forced into Pickens or Watson at 33. We need an X receiver terribly bad and Burks and Dotson are not that.
Neither is Williams

(03-14-2022, 04:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Assuming we don't get any more WRs in FA, I think we have cornered ourselves into being forced into Pickens or Watson at 33. We need an X receiver terribly bad and Burks and Dotson are not that.

Burks would be incredible value at 33, no way hes still there. People overthink the post-season stuff, guy can flat out play. I love me some Pickens though

Are we open to trading back into the back end of the first round if a solid WR is still there? I would be.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 06:34 PM by baggnsaggnbarry.)

(03-14-2022, 05:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
Neither is Williams

Jameson Williams? Definitely an X/#1 WR

(03-14-2022, 06:27 PM)Newton Wrote: Are we open to trading back into the back end of the first round if a solid WR is still there? I would be.

I would be open to it for sure. Always depends on the price but if one of the better WRs is sliding I would definitely be interested

(03-14-2022, 06:33 PM)baggnsaggnbarry Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 05:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neither is Williams

Jameson Williams? Definitely an X/#1 WR

(03-14-2022, 06:27 PM)Newton Wrote: Are we open to trading back into the back end of the first round if a solid WR is still there? I would be.

I would be open to it for sure. Always depends on the price but if one of the better WRs is sliding I would definitely be interested

I don't know the % but Williams was almost always in the slot

Jameson absolutely has outside WR traits. He was just behind other experienced outside WR at Bama so he played slot. Very reminiscent of Justin Jefferson.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 11:20 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't watch much college football. I do watch draftee highlights during the offseason for dynasty fantasy football reasons. I've learned to generally trust my judgement on players I "scout", though I'm not here to suggest I'm always right. Would someone please reconcile these production numbers on Pickens for me and explain the love? Great Freshman numbers. Big drop in Sophmore year. Nothing in Junior year due to injury and now projected late 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL draft.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...ens-1.html

What happened in his sophmore year? I currently have him ranked 7th in my very early, preliminary dynasty rookie WR rankings and I don't love anyone in that range this year. Those rankings are subject to change as I get more time in on evaluating guys and as landing spots get determined.

I get that his size is desirable, but there's a lot of guys with size that fizzle out that have better college production than this guy has delivered so far. Right now, for me there are 3 guys and they are London, Burks, & Williams. I think there is a decent drop off after that.

Anyway, the college production for Pickens is definitely a concern for me. Why should it not be?

I think you said it with the injuries. They also had an extremely run heavy offense.

I'm not really a fan of any of the WRs in the 33 range anymore. Pickens has the concerns you mentioned, Dotson came in really small and his jumps/agility were not impressive, Burks was just bad across the board, Watson looks like a size/speed terror but he didn't do agility tests and his level of competition was poor. I don't think any of them will truly be BAP at 33.

I know we're basically corned in to taking one of them, but I would rather just punt the decision and take Lewis Cine at 33 and hope someone good falls to 65 or live with Marvin/Zay/Kirk/Engram for a year and try again next FA/draft.

I think we need to take a receiver, but I would not reach. Maybe trade back from 2 instead of 1 if truly no one but reaches are there.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 12:14 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I like Thornton more than most probably and it's not because of his 40 time though that's a nice bonus.

My main hope now is that we make sure to take the fliers on late round WRs that blew up RAS. We need to throw every high upside dart we can. Make sure that we get a WR at 33 or 65/70 and also get two of Westin, Austin, TyFry, and Velus on day 3.

What do y'all think of the Centers in the draft? Do y'all just want to run it back with Linder/Shatley?

I figure Linderbaum would be too expensive for the Jags given all the holes that need to be filled. but what about a later flyer on one of the mid round guys?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 06:40 PM by Upper.)

(03-15-2022, 06:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: What do y'all think of the Centers in the draft? Do y'all just want to run it back with Linder/Shatley?

I figure Linderbaum would be too expensive for the Jags given all the holes that need to be filled. but what about a later flyer on one of the mid round guys?

Zach Tom is the one I want. Ridiculous athlete and tied the 4.47 elite SS threshold, which you really want for your center cause he slide blocks so much. If he's there at 102 it would be fantastic. Cam Jurgens and Alec Lindrom (yes the former Falcons 1st rounders brother) would be the other guys I would count as developmental starters I would want.

There were some other real high RAS guys that would be good flier candidates I forget their names, and there are plenty of guards that could play center if trained to do so also.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 06:42 PM by rpr52121.)

(03-15-2022, 06:40 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 06:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: What do y'all think of the Centers in the draft? Do y'all just want to run it back with Linder/Shatley?

Zach Tom is the one I want. Ridiculous athlete and tied the 4.47 elite SS threshold, which you really want for your center cause he slide blocks so much. If he's there at 102 it would be fantastic. Cam Jurgens and Alec Lindrom (yes the former Falcons 1st rounders brother) would be the other guys I would count as developmental starters I would want.

There were some other real high RAS guys that would be good flier candidates I forget their names, and there are plenty of guards that could play center if trained to do so also.

Did Tom do anything with protections in college?

I know T-Law is supposed to be smart enough to do all that, but having a good mental partner at Center to take some of that off his plate would probably help his development.

I do not know the answer to that. Can't say I care too much since I don't want him starting next year anyway. Just give me those traits and let him shine.