Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not A Screen!

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 06:45 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:I understand the design of the play requires the receiver to make a defender miss since it was 2 corner backs vs. 1 blocker in A-rob. Knowing this, in my opinion Lee would have been a better option. Hurns is not a make-you-miss type of player.

Out of all of our receivers, I would trust Hurns with that type of play more than anyone else.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Out of all of our receivers, I would trust Hurns with that type of play more than anyone else.
Hurns is a good receiver, and his strength is his route running.

He is not going to typically juke anyone, or run through tackles.

That play is not about route running, it's about making a defender miss. That is Lee's strength.

Quote:Hurns is a good receiver, and his strength is his route running.

He is not going to typically juke anyone, or run through tackles.

That play is not about route running, it's about making a defender miss. That is Lee's strength.

That play is about making the catch first and foremost and then making yards after the catch. Lee is not proven at catching the football , Hurns is very good at catching the football and has good yards after the catch ability as he has proven time and time again.

Quote:The outside receiver was one-on-one. It's an easy 5 yard curl route.

Regards.............the Chiefjag

Yeah sounds good.. Olsen i believe over thought the play... he just needed to keep it simple.

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 07:02 PM by Football?.)

Quote:That play is about making the catch first and foremost and then making yards after the catch. Lee is not proven at catching the football , Hurns is very good at catching the football and has good yards after the catch ability as he has proven time and time again.
Lee is by no means Odell Beckham Jr. in terms of hands, but I think he's shown enough to catch a simple 10 yard toss that is flawlessly executed in backyards across the country by fathers and their 6 year old daughters.

Quote:You can give me anything but that screen Olsen... We have to be better! Still shaking my head about that play... We just needed 1 yard..
I've always hated throwing behind the line on any 3rd or 4th down. Most of the time it shakes out just like it did today. Atleast throw it beyond the line of scrimmage and give us a chance.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We need to find a way to get out of those 4th down situations. Our players need to get that extra yard on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Ivory will help, but until he's back we gotta figure something out.

Quote:Lee is by no means Odell Beckham Jr. in terms of hands, but I think he's shown enough to catch a simple 10 yard toss that is flawlessly executed in backyards across the country by fathers and their 6 year old daughters.
His play was iffy all game. I don't blame Olsen for not trusting him, its 4th down, if you drop it like the past two times, its game over.

It's a play that has too many variables. Should have just pulled a qb sneak.....

GO JAGS!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Lee is by no means Odell Beckham Jr. in terms of hands, but I think he's shown enough to catch a simple 10 yard toss that is flawlessly executed in backyards across the country by fathers and their 6 year old daughters.

He failed to catch a 1 yard pass to the sideline whilst completely open in the first half sooo....

Quote:I've always hated throwing behind the line on any 3rd or 4th down. Most of the time it shakes out just like it did today. Atleast throw it beyond the line of scrimmage and give us a chance.
It just makes no sense...Olsen its killing his self right now because of that call.

Quote:We need to find a way to get out of those 4th down situations. Our players need to get that extra yard on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Ivory will help, but until he's back we gotta figure something out.

Yeah i agree... Stop running every first down! Olsen has to be better at mixing his first down calls up..

Quote:I blame Bortles.. Ole called the play before the defense came up and stacked the line. Blake should have audibled out of that play and took a shot at the end zone.

It was definitely a bad play call, but they got lined up too late and got the snap off late, maybe 3 seconds left on play clock. There wasn't enough time to audible.

However, the issue of lining up slow has plagued them multiple times over the past few years and ate 2 second half time outs. 

That needs to be fixed.

Quote:Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but whoever was blocking on hat screen, if they fake blocked and released on a go route....that's an easy TD for the win.

Hindsight is not required. I knew immediately after Yeldon took the handoff he was going to get stuffed at the line.

Quote:Hindsight is not required. I knew immediately after Yeldon took the handoff he was going to get stuffed at the line.
Except that's not even the play we are talking about. So obviously you didn't know anything.

Quote:New set of downs after a sneak. Just spike it and reset.

Sixteen seconds are not enough to get to the line and spike it.

Yes it is.

Quote:Sixteen seconds are not enough to get to the line and spike it.
More than enough. You're wrong once again.

Quote:Except that's not even the play we are talking about. So obviously you didn't know anything.

We are talking about the end of the game, right?

Quote:We are talking about the end of the game, right?
Yes and yeldon didn't get the handoff on that play. It was a screen pass to hurns.

Why even bother?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!