Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not A Screen!

Quote:Why even bother?

I laughed

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hurns got the ball!

Quote:Why even bother?
True story.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Awful play call. Throw behind the LOS on 4th and 1? Man...
Shock the world

Quote:Awful play call. Throw behind the LOS on 4th and 1? Man...

According to some posters, Yeldon got the ball on that play.

Quote:According to some posters, Yeldon got the ball on that play.

Yeldon should have gotten the ball. Get the first then spike with about 15 seconds.
Shock the world

Quote:Yeldon should have gotten the ball. Get the first then spike with about 15 seconds.
Also according to some 15 seconds isn't enough to spike the ball.

Quote:Also according to some 15 seconds isn't enough to spike the ball.

Classic.

Quote:According to some posters, Yeldon got the ball on that play.

I saw #24 run right into a wall of Packers.

Quote:I saw #24 run right into a wall of Packers.

I saw cheerleaders jumping up and down during tv timeouts.

Quote:I saw cheerleaders jumping up and down during tv timeouts.
Oh oh oh, me too!

Quote:I saw cheerleaders jumping up and down during TV timeouts.

Cool! Much better than me seeing stupid commercials during TV timeouts.

After sleeping on it (and this is going off of memory), the wrong screen pass was called.

Packers were clearly in press man on the outside showing a heavy blitz look. A bubble wont work against this look unless there is a missed tackle and due to the press coverage, there was no space to make someone miss.

If a mid-screen was called, the inside wr takes his man towards the sideline and blocks the outside CB. The outside WR runs straight towards the QB to catch the screen. His man is sealed off with the inside CB having to do a 180 to make a play. The WR has the momentum, enough to get a yard if not way more due to the look the D gave.

Yes, hindsight is '20/20' as they say, but that really was a poor play call:

it's a risky play as it too often leads to interceptions and fumbles.

it's has a high probability of going for a loss.

and, at least in our case, it seldom works.

A primary source of irritation: A 4<sup>th</sup>-and-1 play with 23 seconds remaining on which Bortles went to the line with a run-pass option. Based on the look of the defense, Bortles opted for a screen pass to wide receiver

<a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/allen-hurns/7eada955-9fca-44da-8c24-81ce8c475c61/' title="Allen Hurns">Allen Hurns[Image: icon-article-link.gif]</a>. Hurns was tackled by a swarm of defenders.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Should've sent in one of our BIG UGLY's to play fullback on that last 4th and 1.  Alualu should've been active.

Have you seen my baseball?

Another play that needs to be eliminated from the 4th and 1 play list. Gus should be Fired.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

There was also points throughout the game I thought olsen/gus was overthinking it and not taking advantage.

Multiple times they brought their safety down the LOS leaving 1v1 matchups on the outside. Every time we ran right into a clear blitz.Like I said before its as if we do no film work on other teams . They kept showing the same looks over and over and we kept playing right into it.

On Bortles first sack and a later 5 yard loss for Yeldon they absolutely had our plays nailed down to a tee. I'm talking hitting the exact gap and blitzing from the exact spot needed to give the play zero chance

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 09:22 AM by BritishJag.)

I think losing Ivory so late left them confused with the gameplan. It felt like we really wanted to establish the run and wanted to force Yeldon to do the runs Ivory would have been doing as well as his own. Denard is pretty much a waste of a roster spot right now. He's a similar kind of rb to yeldon with more speed but nowhere near as good at anything else. We needed a big strong back alongside Yeldon yesterday to break tackles up the middle. 

I saw a stat on Lacy yesterday during the game. He had something like 61 yards at one point and 51 of those where YAC. 

I'm not blaming Yeldon because he isn't that kind of back and he fought for ever year (some he got close to the LOS after being touched 5+ yards back) but I'd get rid of Robinson and bring in a big back. If Jonas Gray is healthy and not on a roster he'd be worth bringing back.

Robinson fumbles, he's a terrible blocker and hasn't really progressed since his rookie year. He seems like a good guy but time to move on. The coaching staff don't trust him (3 carries yesterday to Yeldon's 21) He's not a special teams ace and doesn't return kicks or punts. I'm really not sure why he's still on the roster now.

Banyard > Robinson

Huh