Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not A Screen!

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM by BritishJag.)

Posting in a more appropriate thread, deleted post. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There was also points throughout the game I thought olsen/gus was overthinking it and not taking advantage.

Multiple times they brought their safety down the LOS leaving 1v1 matchups on the outside. Every time we ran right into a clear blitz.Like I said before its as if we do no film work on other teams . They kept showing the same looks over and over and we kept playing right into it.

On Bortles first sack and a later 5 yard loss for Yeldon they absolutely had our plays nailed down to a tee. I'm talking hitting the exact gap and blitzing from the exact spot needed to give the play zero chance

Exactly.... Bottles has to do a better job at reading that and changing the play.

Quote:I think losing Ivory so late left them confused with the gameplan. It felt like we really wanted to establish the run and wanted to force Yeldon to do the runs Ivory would have been doing as well as his own. Denard is pretty much a waste of a roster spot right now. He's a similar kind of rb to yeldon with more speed but nowhere near as good at anything else. We needed a big strong back alongside Yeldon yesterday to break tackles up the middle.

I saw a stat on Lacy yesterday during the game. He had something like 61 yards at one point and 51 of those where YAC.

I'm not blaming Yeldon because he isn't that kind of back and he fought for ever year (some he got close to the LOS after being touched 5+ yards back) but I'd get rid of Robinson and bring in a big back. If Jonas Gray is healthy and not on a roster he'd be worth bringing back.

Robinson fumbles, he's a terrible blocker and hasn't really progressed since his rookie year. He seems like a good guy but time to move on. The coaching staff don't trust him (3 carries yesterday to Yeldon's 21) He's not a special teams ace and doesn't return kicks or punts. I'm really not sure why he's still on the roster now.

I agree with this also.. Robinson offers us nothing different outside of what we have.. I would like Banyard back..

GB sniffed it out somehow, they stacked the line as if Bortles was gonna sneak but somehow the timing stunk and Hurns just didnt have time to catch the ball and shake the defender.

Quote:Exactly.... Bottles has to do a better job at reading that and changing the play.

I am sure he will get better at it after watching film this week.

Quote:GB sniffed it out somehow, they stacked the line as if Bortles was gonna sneak but somehow the timing stunk and Hurns just didnt have time to catch the ball and shake the defender.

The Packers knew what we were doing.

Shoulda hit Arob with the fade they worked out in preseason.

-shrug-

Hate the call, but I think it was on BB5 to make the right decision, or check out.

He did not.

Tough loss. Thought for a second we might actually upset.

Well... I'm already on to the Chargers.

Most likely. Would have been so nice to have 2 TOs during that stretch. We could have used at least one more play.

Now that I think about it, McCarty is a very experienced coach and when you put up Simple Gus against him in that situation, you are going to lose that battle of strategy most of the time

It was one of those "wish I had a timeout back" moments. No doubt Blake Bortles would have called the last timeout there if he had one.

Quote:Most likely. Would have been so nice to have 2 TOs during that stretch. We could have used at least one more play.

Now that I think about it, McCarty is a very experienced coach and when you put up Simple Gus against him in that situation, you are going to lose that battle of strategy most of the time

What does Gus Bradley have to do with Greg Olson calling a screen pass?