Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did you choose your avatar?

Just thought we could chat about something different so I ask- what made you choose your avatar picture?

Mine is actually a picture I took a few years back. I was walking up to this dumpster and the mannequin head was stuck there looking like she'd had a long night. I got a pretty good laugh out of it and retrieved my phone to take the picture. 

There may have been times in my 20s that I could relate to her dilemma. But I can't say for sure. Lol. I currently have moments when I can relate but for completely different reasons. 

Jags will say it's because I'm old and decrepit. I say it's because I'm seasoned. I like my description better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 08:33 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

This is a really cool topic.  I chose mine because it suited my name.  There is a plethora of other images/people/figures  that I feel would better suit me or define me.  But, since I happened to be able to get the “Jags” username, I felt I had to have a jags logo. 

I am curious about others.  I must say, at fifty, If your avatar of a decapitated head is a true representation of yourself, you look good for your age.  The automobile it’s attached to, not so much.

I am curious about other posters choice.  Mainly, LuckytoLast.  The bob Ross gif.  Big fan of Bob  Ross.  Also a big fan of Rico’s.  What guy doesn’t like a hot chick drinking beer?

Edit: am I THAT predictable? I posted this before you added the reason behind yours.  That and you anticipating my reaction.

I didn't choose my avatar. My avatar chose me.

(03-10-2022, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I didn't choose my avatar. My avatar chose me.

Claim it.  I want some more weirdness.   Like the kind I read about years before I signed up. Own it man.

(03-10-2022, 08:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I didn't choose my avatar. My avatar chose me.

Did it play a banjo for you?

Why did I choose my avatar? Well.... because my life had been like Bill The Cats......Wild, a tad on the reckless side.... and I used to take chances that could have cost me my life so........ Yeah, it's sort of a constant reminder to me to stay on an even keel now that I'm older and wiser then that person I was in my youth
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

My avatar is the picture of the team i follow in my main sport rugly league...

Its the photo of them posing next to the trophy after winning there first premiership in 2005...

Cant say there has been much success since then, in fact we have not made finals in over 10 years

I'm a huge Disney and horror movie fan.. weird combo, but it works for me.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-10-2022, 08:24 PM)Jags Wrote: This is a really cool topic.  I chose mine because it suited my name.  There is a plethora of other images/people/figures  that I feel would better suit me or define me.  But, since I happened to be able to get the “Jags” username, I felt I had to have a jags logo. 

I am curious about others.  I must say, at fifty, If your avatar of a decapitated head is a true representation of yourself, you look good for your age.  The automobile it’s attached to, not so much.

I am curious about other posters choice.  Mainly, LuckytoLast.  The bob Ross gif.  Big fan of Bob  Ross.  Also a big fan of Rico’s.  What guy doesn’t like a hot chick drinking beer?

Edit: am I THAT predictable? I posted this before you added the reason behind yours.  That and you anticipating my reaction.

Big Grin I pay attention.

I like bewbs and beer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 08:45 AM by homebiscuit.)

(03-10-2022, 08:26 PM)Jags Wrote:

Claim it.  I want some more weirdness.   Like the kind I read about years before I signed up. Own it man.

Weirdness, sir? I do not know what you are talking about.

(03-10-2022, 08:28 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Did it play a banjo for you?

We refer to it as a "canoe alert".

I am lazy and not creative.

It was logical.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Another poster picked mine years ago.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Everyone else had one.
Bortles sticking his tongue out is to remind you of something about him and something about me. Remember that he was an undisciplined player, and remember that I might be joking with you.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

'Cause mine is just so sexy.

(03-11-2022, 04:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 'Cause mine is just so sexy.

It really is. Me and Bunnie can hardly contain ourselves.  Banana

Y’all aren’t the only two.  ‘Sup TP? How you doing?

(03-11-2022, 06:09 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 04:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 'Cause mine is just so sexy.

It really is. Me and Bunnie can hardly contain ourselves.  Banana

[Image: 006-F1-B6-C-01-EC-4-E7-E-AE06-C50-C9571-A248.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Because you all need a smiling Edward Van Halen to remind you to rock out. And so do I.