Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Team Visits, Pro Days, and Workouts

Thought it would be a good idea to post/follow the visits we've had this draft season

D'Anthony Smith DB, West Florida

Quote:The name D’Anthony Bell does not mean much to those outside the scouting community, but the small-school safety from West Florida was graded as a PFA before the season. That’s why more than a dozen teams traveled to the Sunshine State for his pro day.

In total, 14 teams showed up for Bell’s pro day, including the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, and Jacksonville Jaguars.
The safety measured 6’1″, 211 pounds. His 40 time clocked 4.45 seconds, the short shuttle in the 4.29, and the three-cone in the 6.9s. Bell completed 18 reps on the bench, touched 36 inches in the vertical jump and 10’9″ in the broad jump.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/pro-d...the-crowd/

This deom walterfootball.com

Quote:[Image: JAC.gif] Jacksonville Jaguars
[*]Treylon Burks, Wide Receiver, Arkansas (COM)
[*]Ikem Ekwonu, Offensive Tackle, N.C. State (COM)
[*]Isaiah Likely, Tight End, Coastal Carolina (COM)
[*]Malik Willis, Quarterback, Liberty (COM)
[*]
I wouldn't get too excited over Treylon Burks.  Per Walter Football, he spoke with every team at the combine.

per nfltraderumors.com confirms the Jaguars meeting with Coastal Carolina TE Isaiah Likely and NC State OT Ikem Ekwonu, and added Evan Neal to the list.

https://nfltraderumors.co/2022-nfl-draft...s-tracker/

More to come

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They're doing their due diligence at least with some of the top prospects. I don't mind them reaching out to Treylon Burks though. I said it in the combine thread. I didn't think he was going to live up to the hype because of his size and 40 time not aligning. I don't see him as the next D.K Metcalf though. He also opted NOT to run the 40 again at his pro day. Which I found very interesting. He ran a 4.55 40 at the combine. He could have used that pro day as an opportunity to show that he's maybe a little bit faster. Him shying away from that leads me to believe that he's a little shy and doesn't want to risk it being reported any lower than that.

I think he'll be a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL. He'll be a good possession receiver that can sneak behind a defense every now and then but he's going to have to really, really work on his route tree and ability to get open underneath in the short change game.

I think if any receiver slips it'll be him on the opening night. He does have good hands. His route tree is very limited. I think they had him mostly running maybe three to four routes tops at Arkansas. He's probably a guy that can still stretch the field but he just needs more time to fight through defenders at the line and get his legs going.

I don't know. If he's there at 33 I would be tempted. Especially if McBride and Dotson are off the board by then. I think what's really helped his stock this year is the fact that Metchie III and Williams out of Alabama have the injury concerns coming into the NFL. Metchie has at least two years of production to review on film. Williams had a MONSTER year though prior to that ACL.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-12-2022, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're doing their due diligence at least with some of the top prospects. I don't mind them reaching out to Treylon Burks though. I said it in the combine thread. I didn't think he was going to live up to the hype because of his size and 40 time not aligning. I don't see him as the next D.K Metcalf though. He also opted NOT to run the 40 again at his pro day. Which I found very interesting. He ran a 4.55 40 at the combine. He could have used that pro day as an opportunity to show that he's maybe a little bit faster. Him shying away from that leads me to believe that he's a little shy and doesn't want to risk it being reported any lower than that.

I think he'll be a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald in the NFL. He'll be a good possession receiver that can sneak behind a defense every now and then but he's going to have to really, really work on his route tree and ability to get open underneath in the short change game.

I think if any receiver slips it'll be him on the opening night. He does have good hands. His route tree is very limited. I think they had him mostly running maybe three to four routes tops at Arkansas. He's probably a guy that can still stretch the field but he just needs more time to fight through defenders at the line and get his legs going.

I don't know. If he's there at 33 I would be tempted. Especially if McBride and Dotson are off the board by then. I think what's really helped his stock this year is the fact that Metchie III and Williams out of Alabama have the injury concerns coming into the NFL. Metchie has at least two years of production to review on film. Williams had a MONSTER year though prior to that ACL.

I poor mans Anquan Boldin?  Yeah I'm not taking him over Dotson, McBride, or Watson

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 10:51 AM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-12-2022, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're doing their due diligence at least with some of the top prospects. I don't mind them reaching out to Treylon Burks though. I said it in the combine thread. I didn't think he was going to live up to the hype because of his size and 40 time not aligning. I don't see him as the next D.K Metcalf though. He also opted NOT to run the 40 again at his pro day. Which I found very interesting. He ran a 4.55 40 at the combine. He could have used that pro day as an opportunity to show that he's maybe a little bit faster. Him shying away from that leads me to believe that he's a little shy and doesn't want to risk it being reported any lower than that.

I poor mans Anquan Boldin?  Yeah I'm not taking him over Dotson, McBride, or Watson

I think he's a little too tall and not nearly as physical as people think he is to be compared to Anquan Boldin personally. Boldin was drafted at the right location when he was coming out of FSU (RD2, pick 54). The Cardinals maximized his potential and really made his life easier by taking Larry Fitzgerald the following year. 

Burks went from being a top ten pick that supposedly ran a 4.3 40 to a guy that ran a 4.55 in a deeper than expected WR class that showed a good amount of speed across the class. That's why I think he's more along the lines of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald. He has the size of him. He certainly has the hands and catch radius. He just doesn't have nearly as much route running, smoothness and a wide route skill tree to him coming out of college like Fitzgerald did. 

You could overlook Larry's 4.6 speed at the combine because his two years in Pittsburgh in college were insane when you put the film on him. People forget how dominate he was in 2003 coming out of Pittsburgh. That's still arguably one of the greatest single season performances for any WR in NCAA history. Second to probably only Randy Moss. And, both of those guys did that in college football when really the pass happy era and golden age of the QB had not quite caught on just yet. 

A poor man's Larry Fitzgerald to me would be somebody that has the potential to play 10 years instead of 17 years. Somebody that would maybe hit 800 career receptions and maybe 10,000 career receiving yards. It's not a bad comparison. I just don't think Burks is somebody that people should be overly excited about. 

I think it's possible that Dotson, McBride and Watson end up going late on the opening night of the draft to be honest. When you get around pick 21 with New England. You could make a case for any of those guys going between 21 - 32. Because it goes, New England - Las Vegas - Arizona - Dallas - Buffalo - tennessee - Tampa Bay - Green Bay - Miami - Kansas City - Cincinnati - Detroit. 

Looking at all of those team's rosters you have very legitimate needs on offense at WR and TE there. All of those teams have young QB's or are looking a little bit longer in the tooth at WR/TE. McBride fits the mold in KC. So does Dotson. Green Bay is committing to Aaron Rodgers. You need to add more players on the outside for him. Dallas is fixing to shop Cooper off. They need to backfill. They just tagged Schultz. Are they bringing him back after 2022? McBride also makes sense there. McDaniels is taking his offensive system to Vegas. They covet the TE position. Pairing McBride with Waller seems ideal.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 11:22 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-12-2022, 10:48 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 10:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I poor mans Anquan Boldin?  Yeah I'm not taking him over Dotson, McBride, or Watson

I think he's a little too tall and not nearly as physical as people think he is to be compared to Anquan Boldin personally. Boldin was drafted at the right location when he was coming out of FSU (RD2, pick 54). The Cardinals maximized his potential and really made his life easier by taking Larry Fitzgerald the following year. 

Burks went from being a top ten pick that supposedly ran a 4.3 40 to a guy that ran a 4.55 in a deeper than expected WR class that showed a good amount of speed across the class. That's why I think he's more along the lines of a poor man's Larry Fitzgerald. He has the size of him. He certainly has the hands and catch radius. He just doesn't have nearly as much route running, smoothness and a wide route skill tree to him coming out of college like Fitzgerald did. 

You could overlook Larry's 4.6 speed at the combine because his two years in Pittsburgh in college were insane when you put the film on him. People forget how dominate he was in 2003 coming out of Pittsburgh. That's still arguably one of the greatest single season performances for any WR in NCAA history. Second to probably only Randy Moss. And, both of those guys did that in college football when really the pass happy era and golden age of the QB had not quite caught on just yet. 

A poor man's Larry Fitzgerald to me would be somebody that has the potential to play 10 years instead of 17 years. Somebody that would maybe hit 800 career receptions and maybe 10,000 career receiving yards. It's not a bad comparison. I just don't think Burks is somebody that people should be overly excited about. 

I think it's possible that Dotson, McBride and Watson end up going late on the opening night of the draft to be honest. When you get around pick 21 with New England. You could make a case for any of those guys going between 21 - 32. Because it goes, New England - Las Vegas - Arizona - Dallas - Buffalo - tennessee - Tampa Bay - Green Bay - Miami - Kansas City - Cincinnati - Detroit. 

Looking at all of those team's rosters you have very legitimate needs on offense at WR and TE there. All of those teams have young QB's or are looking a little bit longer in the tooth at WR/TE. McBride fits the mold in KC. So does Dotson. Green Bay is committing to Aaron Rodgers. You need to add more players on the outside for him. Dallas is fixing to shop Cooper off. They need to backfill. They just tagged Schultz. Are they bringing him back after 2022? McBride also makes sense there. McDaniels is taking his offensive system to Vegas. They covet the TE position. Pairing McBride with Waller seems ideal.
Boldin was under drafted man.  He had almost 1400 yards his rookie year and over 100 catches.  Probably should of been a top 10 pick.  He definitely mad Fitz job a lot easier as well.  I don't think any team ever considered Burks a top 10 pick even before the combine.  Anything is possible  but a few players fall every year to the 2nd that people think are locks in the first.  Happens every single year, hopefully we take advantage of one of those players this year. If all these offensive players go in the first a defensive player will fall. If one does my hope is one of Dean, Lloyd, or Davis somehow falls to 33 .

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2022, 02:23 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-18-2022, 01:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...U3DnLGciPA

Mannnnn... hate to see that kind of [BLEEP]. Hope it's nothing major.

(03-18-2022, 01:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...U3DnLGciPA

Ugh. I hope it isn't serious. I can't help but thinking, I'm glad it wasn't Hutchinson. That would've been a disaster!

(03-18-2022, 02:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Mannnnn... hate to see that kind of [BLEEP]. Hope it's nothing major.

It would of been a #becausejaguars moment if it was Hutch

(03-18-2022, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 02:22 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Mannnnn... hate to see that kind of [BLEEP]. Hope it's nothing major.

It would of been a #becausejaguars moment if it was Hutch

nah ,  just take Neal at that spot and watch OLM's head asplode.

(03-18-2022, 04:32 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 02:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It would of been a #becausejaguars moment if it was Hutch

nah ,  just take Neal at that spot and watch OLM's head asplode.

Hahahahaha! True but he wouldn’t be the only one, including me

I am surprised that I never saw any tweets about a Jaguars contingent at UMs pro day.

Tailgate has talked about Poe a lot. He tested bigger than expected too (though still really small). If he's there in the 5th he'd be a fine pick.

Wydermyer woof. Welcome to UDFAville.

(03-22-2022, 02:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Wydermyer woof. Welcome to UDFAville.

What happened. I heard he had some character issues
  Did he time poorly?

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 03:48 PM by Upper. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-22-2022, 03:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

What happened. I heard he had some character issues
  Did he time poorly?
[Image: FOd8ggRWYAcDW4j?format=png&name=900x900]

(03-22-2022, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 03:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What happened. I heard he had some character issues
  Did he time poorly?
[Image: FOd8ggRWYAcDW4j?format=png&name=900x900]

Egads!

I believe the combine should be kept in perspective, but that is a horrible performance.

He needs to undeclare and go back to school.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]