Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA talk and Signings

Not sure if it's worth pasting every single Jags are interested in tweet since we are basically going after anyone who will listen to us, but we have shown interest in Darious Williams. Would be a nice slot guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Not sure if it's worth pasting every single Jags are interested in tweet since we are basically going after anyone who will listen to us, but we have shown interest in Darious Williams. Would be a nice slot guy.

I appreciate your posting this stuff.  I would appreciate it even more if you could post a link or something to where you got your info.  Thanks in advance.

(03-14-2022, 12:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 12:01 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Dodged a bullet. Cooper is like Keenan McCardell, a great route running possession receiver, but you don't want to pay him Jimmy Smith money.

So you'd rather have the garbage WR's left in free agency? That won't help at all. I'd kill to have a player like Keenan McCardell was in his prime.

I'd take a chance on Kirk, that's about it. I think the QB in Arizona is overrated, and he was exposed without Hopkins to throw jump balls to. Kirk put up decent numbers there. 

I'd draft and try to develop 3-4 receivers/tight ends because the Jags are not an ACL-torn #1 receiver away from making the playoffs. This year's free agent class is garbage. I agree Cooper was the least smelly, but not for $20M/year. I also think the Jags made a better offer than the Browns, but reports are that Cooper preferred to play in miserable weather with state income tax to Florida's sunshine and no tax. We all have our preferences.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-14-2022, 12:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Not sure if it's worth pasting every single Jags are interested in tweet since we are basically going after anyone who will listen to us, but we have shown interest in Darious Williams. Would be a nice slot guy.

I appreciate your posting this stuff.  I would appreciate it even more if you could post a link or something to where you got your info.  Thanks in advance.

Was on 1010XL

(03-14-2022, 11:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Upper Wrote: I have said I am worried about Arob, but I like Arob at ~20M more than Kirk at ~16M.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...7049708544

We could've had Amari Cooper at $20 million. He's worlds better than either one. Why would we refuse to take on Cooper's contract, but pay a far inferior Allen Robinson the same money? That is stupid.

How do you know we refused to take on Cooper's contract?

Dj chark is basically the best wr left out there. Jarvis Landry i would be a little interested in.

Lmao Baalke is so [BLEEP] bad at this:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/1503407431715418112

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 12:39 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2022, 12:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao Baalke is so [BLEEP] bad at this:

Did you actually think we should offer James Conner more than $7 million per year?

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 12:50 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

He played at Creekside High School (northern St. Johns County), so he may want to come here.  I had nickel on the needs list, but much further down.  Of course, outside of quarterback and punter, almost everything is on the needs list.

(03-14-2022, 12:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Did you actually think we should offer James Conner more than $7 million per year?

Also, surely Conner would rather stay in Arizona where he just had a career year and now is the lead back than come and be a rotational back here

(03-14-2022, 12:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We could've had Amari Cooper at $20 million. He's worlds better than either one. Why would we refuse to take on Cooper's contract, but pay a far inferior Allen Robinson the same money? That is stupid.

I'm just saying what I've heard reported. Maybe it's a rumor, but I heard we offered a 4th and a 6th and the only way Dallas would pass on that over what they got was if we wanted them to eat part of the salary. Cooper did not have a no trade clause, so he had no say in where he went. It was all up to Dallas.

(03-14-2022, 12:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 12:01 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Dodged a bullet. Cooper is like Keenan McCardell, a great route running possession receiver, but you don't want to pay him Jimmy Smith money.

So you'd rather have the garbage WR's left in free agency? That won't help at all. I'd kill to have a player like Keenan McCardell was in his prime.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...CaKe00.htm

20/20 hindsight with McCardell. Dude didn't really do anything until he was about 25.... Kirk is way more productive at age 25 than him. Kirk is still getting better.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 12:51 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-14-2022, 12:22 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We could've had Amari Cooper at $20 million. He's worlds better than either one. Why would we refuse to take on Cooper's contract, but pay a far inferior Allen Robinson the same money? That is stupid.

They just said it on 1010xl and I had heard it before.

Can someone explain that to me?  When you make a trade, you get his contract.  For the annual salary doesn't the new team have to take it unless the player agrees to restructure?  Can Dallas agree to pay a portion of it?

(03-14-2022, 12:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I am so glad they did not get Conner at around the $7m mark....he's not special to be worth that.

Arob and Kirk would be nice. Just don't backload the money big time please.

Love that it would free up pick 33 to be BAP and not being forced to go WR.

(03-14-2022, 12:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Arob and Kirk would be nice. Just don't backload the money big time please.

ARob and Kirk would be a pretty amazing start to FA.

Looks like it's between us and the Lions for ARob

(03-14-2022, 12:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 12:53 PM)Upper Wrote: Arob and Kirk would be nice. Just don't backload the money big time please.

ARob and Kirk would be a pretty amazing start to FA.

I'd like that or Robinson and Scantling.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Wingard was just offered a restricted free agent tender by the Jaguars.  They can match any offer made to Wingard, but get no draft compensation if they decline to match.