Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

LET EM KNOW KAY
https://twitter.com/UpAndAdamsShow/statu...4907523072

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2023, 11:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LET EM KNOW KAY

Hear, hear!  

Kay tellin' it like it is. 

All you "weruinedthefreeagentmarketforwiderecieversherpderpkirkisoverpaidbymillionsderpityherpity" suckers out here. 

You know who you are! And you wuz wroooooooonnnnggg!!!

I don't know, man...

I think I'd rather give 10 million to Odell Beckham Junior!  OBJ is the man, everyone on ESPN tells me so!!!

If I haven't heard a person's name on ESPN, then clearly they aren't any good.  

By the way, Julio Jones is a Free Agent next year!!  WE NEED HIM!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 01:25 PM by MoJagFan. Edited 1 time in total.)

I thought the free agency was a little of an overspend and reset the WR market a bit. So?  There aren't many bargains in free agency but they got some work done so cheers.

EDIT:

I appreciate all of you that live in a world of 50's TV where everything is so clear cut. You know more than one thing can be true at the same time. I can be wrong about being overly critical of the GM and Ownership and still enjoy being a fan and this amazing turn around.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-11-2023, 01:18 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

I don't know, man...

I think I'd rather give 10 million to Odell Beckham Junior!  OBJ is the man, everyone on ESPN tells me so!!!

Unfortunately, there are likely still a handful of questionable jokers around here who actually would still pursue overpaying OBJ.

(01-11-2023, 01:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:18 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I don't know, man...

Unfortunately, there are likely still a handful of questionable jokers around here who actually would still pursue overpaying OBJ.

This is the scary thing, and why I try to just believe my own eyes.  Mainstream media has lost the plot in so many aspects.

The prime time games prove how much the NFL "mainstream" has no idea where the real football was being played.  I mean, the NFC East is still a joke.  Yeah, they wound up with 3 teams in the playoffs, but the NFC overall is trash.  And the NFL/ESPN/NBC all focused their primetime games within the NFC East.  

The AFC is where exciting football happens.  I [BLEEP] hate that the cowboys still drive ESPN and FOX coverage.  They suck.  I hope to God Tom Brady finally puts an end the Cowboys.

(01-11-2023, 01:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I thought the free agency was a little of an overspend and reset the WR market a bit. So?  There aren't many bargains in free agency but they got some work done so cheers.

EDIT:

I appreciate all of you that live in a world of 50's TV where everything is so clear cut. You know more than one thing can be true at the same time. I can be wrong about being overly critical of the GM and Ownership and still enjoy being a fan and this amazing turn around.

Everyone here has been wrong about something or another concerning this franchise and their decisions. 

Is what it is. 

But for now...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 01:41 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2023, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Hear, hear!  

All you "weruinedthefreeagentmarketforwiderecieversherpderpkirkisoverpaidbymillionsderpityherpity" suckers out here. 

18th highest paid receiver.  That's the point I would make.  Why would anyone squawk about Christian Kirk being "overpaid" when 17 other receivers are paid more than he is?  And I guarantee you, as new contracts are handed out over the next 2 or 3 years, he might wind up being the 30th highest paid WR.

(01-11-2023, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hear, hear!  

18th highest paid receiver.  That's the point I would make.  Why would anyone squawk about Christian Kirk being "overpaid" when 17 other receivers are paid more than he is?  And I guarantee you, as new contracts are handed out over the next 2 or 3 years, he might wind up being the 30th highest paid WR.

And for those squawking about inflating the market - don't forget that Mike Williams signed his deal BEFORE Kirk did and he got more guaranteed money.

(01-11-2023, 01:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: 18th highest paid receiver.  That's the point I would make.  Why would anyone squawk about Christian Kirk being "overpaid" when 17 other receivers are paid more than he is?  And I guarantee you, as new contracts are handed out over the next 2 or 3 years, he might wind up being the 30th highest paid WR.

And for those squawking about inflating the market - don't forget that Mike Williams signed his deal BEFORE Kirk did and he got more guaranteed money.

The thing is, it was never Kirk or Williams that reset the market, it was still always Hopkins 2020 contract.  He was paid over 5 million average per year more than second place Julio, and was at 7 mil over 2nd (Keenan Allen and Amari Cooper, who signed his new contract just before Hop) in 2021.  The thing is, his contract wasn't extended until September of 2020, and no big time receivers signed new contracts or extensions in 2021.  Lockett, Golladay and Sutton were the top new deals in 2021.  It was really mostly a fluke that no other top receivers were in a position to match or exceed his contract until almost 2 years later.

(01-11-2023, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hear, hear!  

The squawking was because they didn't think he belonged in that echelon. I think this season proved that the squawking was premature. We paid potential rather than past. Everyone thinks you do it the other way.

(01-12-2023, 09:52 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 01:40 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: 18th highest paid receiver.  That's the point I would make.  Why would anyone squawk about Christian Kirk being "overpaid" when 17 other receivers are paid more than he is?  And I guarantee you, as new contracts are handed out over the next 2 or 3 years, he might wind up being the 30th highest paid WR.

The squawking was because they didn't think he belonged in that echelon. I think this season proved that the squawking was premature. We paid potential rather than past. Everyone thinks you do it the other way.
I think I was one of the most vocal advocates for Kirk and I'm glad it's paying off.

He is a nightmare to guard in the slot as well as in zone coverage. Matt Harmon runs Reception Perception where he tracks every route for a ton of WRs and he loved Kirk. I trust his judgement on WRs more than anyone.

Shocked 

Ha, good for Kay, get tore in lass ... Nail on the heed, the argument became moot once he outplayed his contract.

I seem to remember Balke taking quite a bit of grief from some 'front office sources' for that one. Seemed a bit odd at the time, fans are always going to be up or down, same with the tv/radio faces but it seemed to rile quite a few of his fellow gm's ... Penny for their thoughts

I love how Baalke did the contract for insurance, its nice to have an elite slot WR. Engram, Kirk, Zay, Key, Williams, Patterson, etc. have all been key pieces this year to make the playoffs. This is right there with the 17 FA class, both were great. You dont see many teams hit on FA signings like that.

https://twitter.com/wrcoachvannucci/stat...ewm0eg9xOg

Cooked him.

Kirk is the man.

Derwin got cooked hard. Kirk is very good though at route running.

Kirk is a top 3 slot guy and verging on the top 10-15 outside. Worth every penny.

Ridley will REALLY open in him up too.