Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

Saw some of Kirks route running ability in this game thanks to some replays, dudes smooth with it. He's a lot better than I thought.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey. Does anyone know if crow would be good with a red wine reduction.

Had a 1st down running wide open on a slant that Dane altered with his arm as well in the 2nd half.

He'll only get better with him this year. Just hope Pederson knows how to handle and utilize Robinson and Etienne more consistently to make the passing game more explosive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Kirk had a really nice Jaguar debut.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(09-11-2022, 07:34 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Hey. Does anyone know if crow would be good with a red wine reduction.

I'm sure half the board could help with some recipes since a lot of people need to be eating it. Didn't understand how people didn't see the Kirk talent.

This should be a fun matchup for Kirk as the Colts have arguably the best nickel corner in the league. I think Evan Engram has a big game Sunday

(03-14-2022, 07:00 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I see the same people praising this signing who didn't want Amari Cooper at 20m/year. Kirk is leagues below Cooper and we're giving him 18/year lol. Some of our fans on this board are literally brain dead.

Cooper - 3 for 17, long of 9, avg 5.7
Kirk - 6 for 117, long of 49, avg 19.5

So using your own unwillingness to let the season play out it seems we have concrete proof that the brain dead person among us is ChrisJagBoy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-12-2022, 05:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be a fun matchup for Kirk as the Colts have arguably the best nickel corner in the league.  I think Evan Engram has a big game Sunday

A few things here:

*They are facing a Gus Bradley defense. He'll go to zone coverage fairly often which allows us to move Kirk to any receiver position. He plays well vs zone at the outside spots. It's primarily vs man cvrg when he has been less productive outside. 

* The secondary in Indy has better pieces this season in general - not just nickel

*We know a Bradley defense will give up the underneath stuff to RBs and TEs since we saw it happen in Jax for years under Gus and it continued with Wash when Gus was gone. So - it should be big receiving days for Etienne, Robinson, Engram and any other TE running routes. Hopefully they look to exploit this. 

* The right side of our O-Line can be exploited by stunts, blitzes, or straight edge speed very easily right now. Paye, Ngakoue, and Buckner could torment Trevor if the Jags don't protect better over there.  This could easily disrupt lots of that easy underneath stuff we hope to take advantage of vs their back seven.

(09-13-2022, 11:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 05:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This should be a fun matchup for Kirk as the Colts have arguably the best nickel corner in the league.  I think Evan Engram has a big game Sunday

A few things here:

*They are facing a Gus Bradley defense. He'll go to zone coverage fairly often which allows us to move Kirk to any receiver position. He plays well vs zone at the outside spots. It's primarily vs man cvrg when he has been less productive outside. 

* The secondary in Indy has better pieces this season in general - not just nickel

*We know a Bradley defense will give up the underneath stuff to RBs and TEs since we saw it happen in Jax for years under Gus and it continued with Wash when Gus was gone. So - it should be big receiving days for Etienne, Robinson, Engram and any other TE running routes. Hopefully they look to exploit this. 

* The right side of our O-Line can be exploited by stunts, blitzes, or straight edge speed very easily right now. Paye, Ngakoue, and Buckner could torment Trevor if the Jags don't protect better over there.  This could easily disrupt lots of that easy underneath stuff we hope to take advantage of vs their back seven.

Agreed with most, I'm just talking about who he will be lined up against most of the time, Kenny Moore is one of the better nickel corner in the league.  Indy has a damn good front, it will be interesting to see if they get Leonard back who's one of the best LB's in football.  Every week this online will have a tough matchup, next week they get Mack and Bosa, then to Philly who are loaded as well with Cox, Davis, Hargrave, Graham, Reddick etc.  Barnett is out for the season

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiiBV_JghvF/...mMyMTA2M2Y=

KIRK Island

NH3...
"AZANE"

"BuT wE oVeRpAiD!"

It's early. I know. But we're off to a hopeful start.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-15-2022, 12:05 PM)Caldrac Wrote: "BuT wE oVeRpAiD!"

It's early. I know. But we're off to a hopeful start.

It is early but it’s also clear that barring injury he’s going to get his share this year.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 06:54 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

12 for 195 and 2 Tubs He’s off to a red hot start. Marvin with his usual 33.

(09-13-2022, 11:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

A few things here:

Just extending props for calling exactly how we attacked the Colts defense yesterday

(09-19-2022, 09:57 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 11:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: A few things here:

Just extending props for calling exactly how we attacked the Colts defense yesterday

I'm just glad they took advantage of it. 

I expected more passes to the backs, but the 9 targets to tight ends and several underneath passes to Zay and CK did indeed exploit Bradley's scheme tendencies. 
Props to Lawrence for putting touch on those short passes and leading his receivers perfectly on the shallow crossers.

Kirk is such a pleasant surprise. He plays like a professional receiver should play, he never stops moving and seemingly is always looking to give Trevor a target to throw too, AND HE CATCHES THE DAMN BALL...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-19-2022, 03:21 PM)Ronster Wrote: Kirk is such a pleasant surprise. He plays like a professional receiver should play, he never stops moving and seemingly is always looking to give Trevor a target to throw too, AND HE CATCHES THE DAMN BALL...

Agreed. Dude had splashed early and often.

(09-19-2022, 03:21 PM)Ronster Wrote: Kirk is such a pleasant surprise. He plays like a professional receiver should play, he never stops moving and seemingly is always looking to give Trevor a target to throw too, AND HE CATCHES THE DAMN BALL...
Best signing this off season by far. Probably the best offensive signing they've had since the days of Kyle Brady, Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell at an actual skill position. He's looked good so far. No reason to believe he'll slow down. His routes are clean and smooth.

(09-19-2022, 07:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
Best signing this off season by far. Probably the best offensive signing they've had since the days of Kyle Brady, Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell at an actual skill position. He's looked good so far. No reason to believe he'll slow down. His routes are clean and smooth.

For sure and Trevor is definitely leaning on him.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"