Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(09-19-2022, 07:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 03:21 PM)Ronster Wrote: Kirk is such a pleasant surprise. He plays like a professional receiver should play, he never stops moving and seemingly is always looking to give Trevor a target to throw too, AND HE CATCHES THE DAMN BALL...
Best signing this off season by far. Probably the best offensive signing they've had since the days of Kyle Brady, Jimmy Smith & Keenan McCardell at an actual skill position. He's looked good so far. No reason to believe he'll slow down. His routes are clean and smooth.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes sir. I’d put him up there with some of the best offensive acquisitions. He’s what Mike Thomas was supposed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2022, 10:21 PM)Upper Wrote: There has been way too much Robert Woods slander around here. He is WAY WAY better than Kirk.

Kirk has 195 yards and two TDs after two weeks. 

Woods has 52 yds and zero TDs.

In fact, all 3 of the Jags starting receivers and our starting TE have more receiving yards than Woods. 

I like Robert Woods, and I valued him in free agency near Kirk, but he may not be coming back from that knee injury.

(09-20-2022, 07:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:21 PM)Upper Wrote: There has been way too much Robert Woods slander around here. He is WAY WAY better than Kirk.

Kirk has 195 yards and two TDs after two weeks. 

In fact, all 3 of the Jags starting receivers and our starting TE have more receiving yards than Woods. 

I like Robert Woods, and I valued him in free agency near Kirk, but he may not be coming back from that knee injury.

Kirk has a better QB throwing him the ball though.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 10:16 AM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-21-2022, 04:05 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Kirk has 195 yards and two TDs after two weeks. 

Kirk has a better QB throwing him the ball though.

@Nah, his QB is all hype, can't do anything special, and is incapable of improving@

Coaching + QB + WR with talents = Kirk

I like what I am seeing from those 3 facets to support this Free Agent Signing. The guy is running open everywhere.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

As good as Kirk has been, I have to give a lot of credit to Doug and Taylor for the play calling and getting him in miss match positions against LBs and getting him open by play design

He has been playing some really good ball for us this year.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Something I was unaware of when we signed Kirk is his Route Running ability. If you watch the all-22 film from these first 2 weeks man, he has some really amazing footwork.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:56 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

argued after the signing he is one of the best slot WRs in the league and some disagreed. Right now he leads the league in receiving yards out of the slot

(06-07-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I still find it odd that folks are tripping about 37 mil guaranteed, with a 2 year out, for a receiver that's better than anything we had, in a year when we had crazy cap room.

I don't give a rat's [BLEEP] about that money if he comes in and produces.

If he lays an egg this year or gets hurt early, it'll sting. Until then, I'm fine with the high figure. And if other teams front offices were weak enough to kowtow to agents because of Kirk's deal, that's on them. Not us.

WORTH 

EVERY

DAMN 

PENNY

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:38 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2022, 08:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 11:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I still find it odd that folks are tripping about 37 mil guaranteed, with a 2 year out, for a receiver that's better than anything we had, in a year when we had crazy cap room.

I don't give a rat's [BLEEP] about that money if he comes in and produces.

If he lays an egg this year or gets hurt early, it'll sting. Until then, I'm fine with the high figure. And if other teams front offices were weak enough to kowtow to agents because of Kirk's deal, that's on them. Not us.

WORTH 

EVERY

DAMN 

PENNY

I feel the same way about Oluokun, Zay, and Fatukasi.  This class is up there with the 17 FA class.  Agreed 100% on Kirk though

Kirk is deadly in this offense.

(10-13-2022, 07:56 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/10...ss-taylor/

Yeah. Heard that today on 1010XL. At least they take ownership for it. I think they'll look at getting him more involved this Sunday. Should be looking to get him targeted at least two, three times per quarter. Especially if Gus just sits back in Zone and doesn't put Gilmore on him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 09:09 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-24-2022, 04:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ5mEOz1NDQ

The only thing that is teal on his uniform is the Nike check and the tongue of the Jaguar. It’s shame man. As a lifer, it’s unrecognizable.

(10-14-2022, 09:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 04:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ5mEOz1NDQ

The only thing that is teal on his uniform is the Nike check and the tongue of the Jaguar. It’s shame man. As a lifer, it’s unrecognizable.

Mind as well change the whole color scheme and get rid of the teal on everything Jaguar related.

Embarrasing.

Thoughts?

He disappeared for a couple games, but hes been playing pretty damn well overall. Should be even better next year when we get Ridley to help take some pressure off him.
https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...5145530369

I don't wanna go back and check what people predicted but if he can reach that I'll be happy.

Maybe he isn't worth the contract but it's also not terrible. We have to overpay to get good players.