Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(11-10-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Umm he might be referring to this:

"Wheres the T law nut huggers at to defend that trash."

Yes, I said where are the t law nut huggers to defense this trash. 

As in, where are the apologist to defend that throw.

I fail to see where i'm calling him a bust by trashing a terrible throw.

You were pretty much a complete douche to everyone on the board at every opportunity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2022, 05:12 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:51 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Yes, I said where are the t law nut huggers to defense this trash. 

As in, where are the apologist to defend that throw.

I fail to see where i'm calling him a bust by trashing a terrible throw.

You were pretty much a complete douche to everyone on the board at every opportunity.

Not really. This entire thing started from me pointing out my previous postings on what I saw in Lawrence at the collegiate level, followed by hate from mainly 2 moderators and a bunch of others who joined in.

(11-10-2022, 05:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 05:12 PM)scottyg Wrote: You were pretty much a complete douche to everyone on the board at every opportunity.

Not really. This entire thing started from me pointing out my previous postings on what I saw in Lawrence at the collegiate level, followed by hate from mainly 2 moderators and a bunch of others who joined in.

Yeah, I'm sure you are just misunderstood.  Rolleyes

(11-10-2022, 05:12 PM)scottyg Wrote: You were pretty much a complete douche to everyone on the board at every opportunity.

[Image: you-poor-thing-poor-fellow.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2022, 01:30 AM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

Kirk is currently 11th in receptions (52), 11th in receiving yards (679) and tied (with Stefon Diggs) for 3rd in receiving TDs (7) through 10 games.

He's also 8th in receiving first downs (35) and tied (with Terry McLaurin and Davante Adams) for 10th in big plays (20+ yard receptions) with 10.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2022, 04:07 AM by jessepeck1213.)

Nah man, you were a complete douche all the time. You always had some false sense of superiority and liked to talk down to people if they didn't see trevor the way you do. And you also took every opportunity to puff out your chest if trevor had a bad moment. I will say you've been a lot more bearable since your brief hiatus while banned.

(11-16-2022, 01:25 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Kirk is currently 11th in receptions (52), 11th in receiving yards (679) and tied (with Stefon Diggs) for 3rd in receiving TDs (7) through 10 games.

He's also 8th in receiving first downs (35) and tied (with Terry McLaurin and Davante Adams) for 10th in big plays (20+ yard receptions) with 10.

Hes been great, and I believe he will be a lot bettwr next year qith more help around him.

Kirk has been a tremendous addition. Going into 2023 his chemistry along with Zay Jones and Lawrence should make them that much more potent. Ridley can come on strong potentially but they still need to keep swinging for the fences and land us a big time WR in the draft and they need to figure out a way to keep Engram here.

We're on the cusp of being a deadly offense with Lawrence's efficiency. Some of the things we were all concerned about he's clearly corrected midseason. The deep ball accuracy has improved BIG TIME over the last two weeks. Starting to look really, really good for the future. We should all be excited.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-16-2022, 01:25 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Kirk is currently 11th in receptions (52), 11th in receiving yards (679) and tied (with Stefon Diggs) for 3rd in receiving TDs (7) through 10 games.

after a slow start he and Trevor are starting to get into a nice rhythm. If defenses start shading his way it should open up opportunities for the other receivers and TE.

(06-09-2022, 07:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 06:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Kirk's deal looking better and better as time passes. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jagu...kupp-adams

A lot of people said we way overpaid for Kirk, but subsequent events have proven that that is not true.
Always loved the deal. 

I also don’t think Kirk has hit his ceiling yet either. Trevor is going to spread the wealth but Kirk is going to be really good for the Jags.
Well looky here

I was very high on Kirk because he was so reliable as a pass catcher. He runs his routes the same every time and after watching our WRs run routes last year, that was going to be huge.

Get Quentin Johnson in the draft and the Jags will have a top 3 receiving core in the league if Ridley comes back as the same guy.

(11-16-2022, 04:06 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 05:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Not really. This entire thing started from me pointing out my previous postings on what I saw in Lawrence at the collegiate level, followed by hate from mainly 2 moderators and a bunch of others who joined in.

Nah man, you were a complete douche all the time. You always had some false sense of superiority and liked to talk down to people if they didn't see trevor the way you do. And you also took every opportunity to puff out your chest if trevor had a bad moment. I will say you've been a lot more bearable since your brief hiatus while banned.

Hes been great, and I believe he will be a lot bettwr next year qith more help around him.

Hard to be a douche when the play on the field shuts you up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So far he's at:

52 rec, 672 yards, 7 tds

That puts him:

11th in receptions
11th in yards
Tied for 2nd in TDs with Stefon Diggs. (Adams and Kelce both are tied at 1st with 8tds)

His contract puts him at the 18th highest paid WR. I'd say its a hell of a good contract. If anything, he might be considered UNDER paid based on rankings alone

That missed catch at the 10 after the onside kick in KC was a heart breaker.

But Lawrence could/should have led him a bit more.

Either way,  Kirk has been light years better than our last "#1" WR.

Ya'll remember  DJ Chark???  Lol
Zay Jones is a better WR than that [BLEEP] scrub!

And Christian Kirk is much better than Zay.

This WR Corps has been the best we've had since the late 90s /early 00s.

(11-17-2022, 03:02 PM)carp8dm Wrote: That missed catch at the 10 after the onside kick in KC was a heart breaker.

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...tefSIPJrww

Always Trevors fault I guess.....

That's a TD because the CB dove. Kirk catches the beautiful pass and Jags go up 7-0.

(11-17-2022, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 03:02 PM)carp8dm Wrote: That missed catch at the 10 after the onside kick in KC was a heart breaker.

That's a TD because the CB dove. Kirk catches the beautiful pass and Jags go up 7-0.

That could have been a game setter.. I know it was first drive of the game, but seen lots of teams go down because of opening quick strikes like that.. 

Demoralizing..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Brutal drop but Kirk has been really good this year.

it would of been great for Trevor too, cause all season fans and analyst's saying he can't throw the deep ball. this was one of his best passes all year.

(11-17-2022, 03:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I missed most of this game, and am seeing this for the first time.  That's a ball that the receiver should have adjusted to.  Not in any way on the QB.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The best part about Kirk's numbers too is that none of it's "garbage" time statistics. We've been in every game this year. So, the fact that he's able to get open and come up in certain moments is a nice change of scenery here in Jacksonville. We haven't had that in years.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-17-2022, 06:20 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The best part about Kirk's numbers too is that none of it's "garbage" time statistics. We've been in every game this year. So, the fact that he's able to get open and come up in certain moments is a nice change of scenery here in Jacksonville. We haven't had that in years.

Ya know? As demoralizing as that Kirk catch could have been against KC, it could also have been completely demoralizing for Kirk as well, but he didn't let it happen. It could also make him work harder to keep those plays from happening again.

Usually our WR's will make a boneheaded play early and keep that same tempo going throughout the rest of the game. But this was different and has been so far this year.

Really liking this Kirk guy, but the Jags also need to build onto him and the rest of the receivers.

Never settle..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]