Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christian Kirk, Jags newest WR

(11-18-2022, 10:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 05:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Zay Jones has put up the same type of production as Pickens and we didn’t spend a draft pick on him.

Jones - 47 417 1

Pickens - 29 370 1

And Jones is moving the chains on 3rd down more.

As someone who is still extremely salty that we passed on Metcalf twice, I'm also pissed we passed on Pickens. His stats this year mean nothing, he is a better player than Zay Jones and it's not close. He will be a beast soon, i'd bet money on it.

Bold of you to bet money on your own takes when they’ve been historically bad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 08:00 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-19-2022, 11:24 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As someone who is still extremely salty that we passed on Metcalf twice, I'm also pissed we passed on Pickens. His stats this year mean nothing, he is a better player than Zay Jones and it's not close. He will be a beast soon, i'd bet money on it.

Bold of you to tell me Zay Jones is better than Pickens when dudes got no1 at QB and is still a rookie after trying to pound me over talking down to Trevor in his rookie year. 

I like Zay tho, he's been pretty good but Pickens still would have been an excellent pickup and probably will be a better player than Jones overall. I mean, he's not far behind him yards wise and who even is throwing him the ball?

(12-19-2022, 11:24 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 10:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: As someone who is still extremely salty that we passed on Metcalf twice, I'm also pissed we passed on Pickens. His stats this year mean nothing, he is a better player than Zay Jones and it's not close. He will be a beast soon, i'd bet money on it.

good luck quantifying "beast", the most overused descriptor of any non-Jags player ever.

(12-20-2022, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-19-2022, 11:24 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Bold of you to bet money on your own takes when they’ve been historically bad

good luck quantifying "beast", the most overused descriptor of any non-Jags player ever.

Pickens could end up being a good WR, but again, this guy's takes on rookies are inept so I will take this prediction with a grain of salt.

Watch every throw Trevor Lawrence makes. They are all spirals. ALWAYS.

I don't think people realize how much easier it is to catch a ball when it's coming at you with NO YAW, a PREDICTABLE PITCH, and 100% ROLL.

Trevor Lawrence throws the most perfect ball. It makes it so much easier to make those catches.

(12-20-2022, 11:12 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Watch every throw Trevor Lawrence makes.  They are all spirals.  ALWAYS.

I don't think people realize how much easier it is to catch a ball when it's coming at you with NO YAW, a PREDICTABLE PITCH, and 100% ROLL.

Trevor Lawrence throws the most perfect ball.  It makes it so much easier to make those catches.

I don't know about that...  I'm pretty sure I saw one wobble once.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2022, 04:06 PM by imtheblkranger. Edited 1 time in total.)

5 catches and 13 yards away from a career year in Catches, Yards, and TDs (already there on TDs)

34 Yards away from his first ever 1000 yard season

(12-20-2022, 11:05 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 09:44 AM)Mikey Wrote: good luck quantifying "beast", the most overused descriptor of any non-Jags player ever.

Pickens could end up being a good WR, but again, this guy's takes on rookies are inept so I will take this prediction with a grain of salt.

I have heard so many ppl called a beast before they even stepped onto an NFL field that I have no idea what that even means any more.

I have a feeling Kirk is going to have a huge game this weekend.

Man - so many Jags fans lost their minds over this guy's contract.

And of course we had plenty more waaaaaayyy too caught up in slot receiver disparagement.

Then there was the one guy convinced that our F tight end and Y receiver were "oil and water." LOL

Welp - they were all WRONG!!

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...RdkAcVlRZA

(01-02-2023, 12:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Man - so many Jags fans lost their minds over this guy's contract.

And of course we had plenty more waaaaaayyy too caught up in slot receiver disparagement.

Then there was the one guy convinced that our F tight end and Y receiver were "oil and water." LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]

Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, Marvin Jones, Jamal Agnew... Along with Evan Engram?

I mean, damn, this is the best WR group I've ever seen the Jaguars have... I'm sure that some here have a thing to say about the 90s WR corps... But this one, I'm sure it's right up there!!!

Just checked the 1996 WR group. McCardell and Smith both had 1K yards. WOW

(01-02-2023, 01:03 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, Marvin Jones, Jamal Agnew...  Along with Evan Engram? 

I mean, damn, this is the best WR group I've ever seen the Jaguars have...  I'm sure that some here have a thing to say about the 90s WR corps...  But this one, I'm sure it's right up there!!!

Just checked the 1996 WR group.  McCardell and Smith both had 1K yards.  WOW

The 90’s had Jimmy Smith and the discussion ends right there. This years group is good but Hurns and Robinson both had 1,000 yard seasons. 2022 WRs is probably in the top 5.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 01:25 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2023, 01:20 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 01:03 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Christian Kirk, Zay Jones, Marvin Jones, Jamal Agnew...  Along with Evan Engram? 

I mean, damn, this is the best WR group I've ever seen the Jaguars have...  I'm sure that some here have a thing to say about the 90s WR corps...  But this one, I'm sure it's right up there!!!

The 90’s had Jimmy Smith and the discussion ends right there. This years group is good but Hurns and Robinson both had 1,000 yard seasons. 2022 WRs is probably in the top 5.

I always forget about how much I enjoyed Hurns and Robinson!  Thanks for reminding me.  That was a great duo.  

The GM back then, Caldwell, really screwed the pooch.  He let Robinson walk, kept Hurns instead, but then let Hurns walk to keep the always injured Mike (LOL, I meant Marquis) Lee!  Remember that?  Dude, our front office for 20 years was historically terrible at figuring out how to keep the right players.

I hope Baalke and Pederson can do better.

In 4 seasons they had combined for 693 receptions, 9750 yards, and 47 touchdowns
s
;

;

(01-02-2023, 03:24 PM)Norman Mushari Wrote:

In 4 seasons they had combined for 693 receptions, 9750 yards, and 47 touchdowns

Such a nasty streak of production through the air that group had. 
What a joy that was to watch.

(01-02-2023, 12:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Man - so many Jags fans lost their minds over this guy's contract.

So, does this mean the Pederson-coached Jaguars do not need a "true" number 1 (X) receiver to be potent offensively?

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2023, 04:49 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-02-2023, 04:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

So, does this mean the Pederson-coached Jaguars do not need a "true" number 1 (X) receiver to be potent offensively?

They already have him.  He will play next year

(01-02-2023, 04:26 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

I've long contended that the "number one WR" thing was greatly overrated if you have a scheme/playbook suited to the guys on your roster. 
However, this offense could absolutely benefit from having a long and physical receiver who can win against boundary technique and make contested catches from the X position. 
They don't have a guy steeped in those traits, but the way they've designed the playbook greatly mitigates the absence of that player and gets great efficiency from those on hand. 

Add Ridley to the mix next year and it should only get better.