Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post free agency mock

Although free agency official signings started today, it appears the Jaguars are about done. Adding 7 players at 6 positions of need looks like a job well done. I did my first Fanspeak mock based on the team's new roster as of today.

1(1): Aidan Hutchinson

1(20): Jameson Williams

2(47) Trey McBride

3(70): Brandon Smith

4(106) Troy Anderson

5 (157) Tyler Smith

5 (160) Tyler Allegier

The quantity of free agents signed as day 1 starters enabled me to have the luxury of trading up for the draft's best receiver (in my opinion) in round 1. McBride should play right away and eventually replace Engram at some point as the starter. B. Smith and Anderson fill the need at linebacker and Tyler Smith is a developmental offensive lineman who will hopefully become a starter at right tackle or guard following this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 07:34 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-16-2022, 03:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Although free agency official signings started today, it appears the Jaguars are about done. Adding 7 players at 6 positions of need looks like a job well done. I did my first Fanspeak mock based on the team's new roster as of today.

2(47) Trey McBride

4(106) Troy Anderson

5 (157) Tyler Smith

5 (160) Tyler Allegier

The quantity of free agents signed as day 1 starters enabled me to have the luxury of trading up for the draft's best receiver (in my opinion) in round 1. McBride should play right away and eventually replace Engram at some point as the starter. B. Smith and Anderson fill the need at linebacker and Tyler Smith is a developmental offensive lineman who will hopefully become a starter at right tackle or guard following this season.
I dig this. Completely onboard with it. If I walked out of this class with Hutchinson, Williams and McBride I would be thrilled on that alone. Arguably the top prospects at their respective positions. Smith and Anderson add great athletic ability onto a 3 - 4 scheme at the LB position. That's outstanding there.

Waiting until Saturday or Sunday to take a stab at another mock but this is beyond ideal for me. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-16-2022, 07:34 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 03:19 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Although free agency official signings started today, it appears the Jaguars are about done. Adding 7 players at 6 positions of need looks like a job well done. I did my first Fanspeak mock based on the team's new roster as of today.

2(47) Trey McBride

4(106) Troy Anderson

5 (157) Tyler Smith

5 (160) Tyler Allegier

I dig this. Completely onboard with it. If I walked out of this class with Hutchinson, Williams and McBride I would be thrilled on that alone. Arguably the top prospects at their respective positions. Smith and Anderson add great athletic ability onto a 3 - 4 scheme at the LB position. That's outstanding there.

Waiting until Saturday or Sunday to take a stab at another mock but this is beyond ideal for me. Well done!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I really believe the Jaguars should consider trading up for Williams since they can now afford to part with a couple of their picks to move up. I believe that I gave up picks 33, 65 and a 5th to get Williams. I then traded up again to nab McBride, a potential future star at tight end. 

If the Jaguars fail to trade back up to round 1, I'd expect them to pick either Dotson, Watson or Pickens at 33- which wouldn't be too bad, either. Who would have believed that Peterson/Baalke would land such a quality group of free agents setting the team up perfectly for the draft?

I did one where I traded with Eagles for the pick #19.

#1  Aidan Hutchinson  ED
#19  Chris Olave  WR
#65  Trey MacBride  TE  (don't think he will be there in RL.  But Likely and Woods should still be available, fingers crossed.)
#106  Zyon McCollum  CB
#157  D'vonte Price RB
#180  Chig Okonkwo  TE  (I really like this kid as an H-Back type)
#188  Josh Rivas  G
#197  Velus Jones  WR  (Probably have to get him in round 5 at the latest in RL)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I am still on the trade it wagon, rumours are Seahawks really want Willis, so what’s the harm in giving them the first overall and stock piling picks. In this scenario I give them R1:1 for R1:9, R2:40, R2:41 and R4:109.

R1:9 - XWR - Garrett Wilson
R2:33 - DE - Arnold Ebitekie
R2:40 - WR - George Pickens
R2:41 - S - Jaquan Brisker
R3:65 - LB - Brandon Smith
R3:70 - TE - Isaiah Likely
R4:106 - OT/OG - Rasheed Walker
R4:109 - CB - Coby Bryant

I look a little Penn State fan boy in this draft but that was not my intention. I am not all in on Likely and would hope for a better Te prospect to be available.

If the Jags end up with Hutch and Jamo, the rest of the draft is irrelevant to me.

(03-17-2022, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the Jags end up with Hutch and Jamo, the rest of the draft is irrelevant to me.

This is also not a bad take if we aren’t trading.

(03-17-2022, 01:04 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the Jags end up with Hutch and Jamo, the rest of the draft is irrelevant to me.

This is also not a bad take if we aren’t trading.
It would arguably be the best player in the draft and the #1 playmaker in the draft.

I don't even care if they trade up for Jamo.

#1- Hutch
Trade up to #20ish- Jamo

You've set yourself up to really flourish in 2022 and beyond.

9: R1 P9 OT Evan Neal - Alabama
24: R1 P24 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
33: R2 P1 EDGE Travon Walker - Georgia
65: R3 P1 RB Kenneth Walker III - Michigan State
72: R3 P8 WR Justyn Ross - Clemson
75: R3 P11 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
96: R3 P32 S Lewis Cine - Georgia
106: R4 P1 LB Quay Walker - Georgia
109: R4 P4 TE Jelani Woods - Virginia

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Lmao, stop using whatever mock draft site that is plz

(03-17-2022, 10:55 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao, stop using whatever mock draft site that is plz

Plenty of time to live in reality after the draft, allow me this.

(03-17-2022, 10:18 PM)JagJohn Wrote: 9: R1 P9 OT Evan Neal - Alabama
24: R1 P24 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
33: R2 P1 EDGE Travon Walker - Georgia
65: R3 P1 RB Kenneth Walker III - Michigan State
72: R3 P8 WR Justyn Ross - Clemson
75: R3 P11 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State
96: R3 P32 S Lewis Cine - Georgia
106: R4 P1 LB Quay Walker - Georgia
109: R4 P4 TE Jelani Woods - Virginia

That'll do pig, that'll do.

I need to stop reading this board over breakfast. Sick

13. Ikem Ekwonu
OT North Carolina State

33. Jermaine Johnson
EDGE Florida State

40. Jahan Dotson
WR Penn State

41. Kenyon Green
OG Texas A&M

44. Trey McBride
TE Colorado State

65. George Pickens
WR Georgia

70. Phidarian Mathis
DT Alabama

106. Dameon Pierce
RB Florida

2023 DEN 2nd
2023 SEA 2nd