Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(03-22-2022, 11:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 09:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You spelled "horrendous" wrong. 

(also "errant")

Remember, this is an errant and horrendous throw by Trevor in jagLVP's eyes.
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/147...5555007493

Have there been specific charges against Shenault for point shaving?

Is there currently a pending investigation, or has Shenault been suspended for point shaving?

If not, that's a helluva caption/title to put on that tweet.  It could easily result in a civil suit.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-22-2022, 09:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: My reasonable expectations

1. Cut down on the errand throws

2. Show touch on the ball.  Every pass does not have to be a cannon shot.

3. Help his receivers.  Many forget how often receivers had to reach behind or stretch out for footballs last year.  Lots of cross patterns where receivers where reaching behind instead of in front comes to mind for example.

Trevor had more than a handful of WOW moments last year.  On the flip side, Trevor had many more Head scratching moments that one wants to see from a consensus number 1 pick.

The most basic Expectation from Trevor?  Consistency!

You spelled "horrendous" wrong. 

(also "errant")

Funny.  I stopped reading completely at "errand."  Just can't do it any more.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 10:04 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-22-2022, 11:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I totally agree that the AFC as a whole has taken a huge step up from top to bottom over the past few years.  Most teams have their QBs of the present, and most of them are in their early primes.    Sadly, I can't recall who on the board made this astute observation (apologies to that individual), but he stated our way of making the playoffs is to win the division.  If Trevor Lawrence makes the improvement this year thanks in part to Pederson's coaching and better personnel, it's possible that the games against division opponents will represent the games most likely to feature the Jaguars with an edge at QB.  Though he has performed decently in their system with Henry running the ball, I don't think the tacks really trust Tannehill.  Worse for them, their offensive line can't seem to pass block worth anything.  Although the Colts just traded for Matt Ryan and he is still viewed favorably around the league, the Colts still need a LT to protect him and receivers to which to throw.  Furthermore, he is...what...36-37 years old and coming off one of the worst seasons in his career.  He may be an improvement over last years' performance by Wentz, he still does not represent their long term answer at QB, and in another year or so, they'll be looking for his replacement.  Davis Mills was a pleasant surprise for the Texans, and the Texans have a bunch of picks over the next three seasons in the aftermath of the Watson trade.  But few actually think he'll be better than Trevor Lawrence being coached by Pederson, much less anywhere close to Watson.

That said, even with that possible roadmap, it wn't be easy under most reasonable expectations, even if our division has the worst QBs in the AFC.  Tennessee owns us until we prove otherwise, as Henry embarrasses us like no other RB has.  Houston isn't far behind, though at least on paper last year we had the better team.  We have had success against the Colts, but fron 1-53, they have the most talented roster in the division.

Bottom line, it's going to be an absolute fight for teams in the AFC to reach the playoffs because of all of the quality QBs.

You make some very good points. While i dont think we are playoff ready yet, this team did improve over those last few games with Bevell and i think we are better than our record says we are. The big thing we need to overcome is beating ourselves. When we make a mistake we get absolutely killed by it. A missed tackle goes all the way for a TD, a good drive killed by a dumb penalty, missing FG's that come back to haunt us. If we can get back to just playing clean football and making teams beat us with plays and out-executing us than that will make a huge difference.

Looking at the South, its up for grabs really. The T*tans have owned it the last few years but they threw it away against the Bengals being the #1 seed. Slowing Henry down and getting Tannehill to beat you with his arm is the formula to beat them. Yes Ryan is a step up from Wentz for the Colts and the running game really helped them last year. They have a solid D but they have a tough schedule. Houston look in full rebuild and like you say, they have plenty of draft picks but we should be ahead of them easily this year.

I think the first few weeks will he huge. If we can get some nicer matchups earlier to try and get some motivation and good feelings going then we could hit a run. I think we can beat most of our division rivals but like you say, theyve had our number the last few years and we need to prove we can beat them.

Im waiting for this team to step up and im really hopeful that Pederson is the guy to do that with thos team. We have plenty of the pieces and like the 2017 team, these guys are sick of losing and being the joke team.

We agree the Jaguars are not quite ready for the playoffs.  For that to change this year, Baalke would need his best ever draft, which would include actually drafting a productive WR-something he has never done, Pederson would have to do a fantastic coaching job, Trevor Lawrence will have to take a huge step forward and the team will have to stay healthy.

More likely is the team improves this year, but not quite enough to get over the playoff hump.  But if this is the year the Jaguars surprise everyone and makes the playoffs this year, it'll be because they won the division.  Us playing the AFC West doesn't help us any.

(03-23-2022, 08:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I totally agree that the AFC as a whole has taken a huge step up from top to bottom over the past few years.  Most teams have their QBs of the present, and most of them are in their early primes.    Sadly, I can't recall who on the board made this astute observation (apologies to that individual), but he stated our way of making the playoffs is to win the division.  If Trevor Lawrence makes the improvement this year thanks in part to Pederson's coaching and better personnel, it's possible that the games against division opponents will represent the games most likely to feature the Jaguars with an edge at QB.  Though he has performed decently in their system with Henry running the ball, I don't think the tacks really trust Tannehill.  Worse for them, their offensive line can't seem to pass block worth anything.  Although the Colts just traded for Matt Ryan and he is still viewed favorably around the league, the Colts still need a LT to protect him and receivers to which to throw.  Furthermore, he is...what...36-37 years old and coming off one of the worst seasons in his career.  He may be an improvement over last years' performance by Wentz, he still does not represent their long term answer at QB, and in another year or so, they'll be looking for his replacement.  Davis Mills was a pleasant surprise for the Texans, and the Texans have a bunch of picks over the next three seasons in the aftermath of the Watson trade.  But few actually think he'll be better than Trevor Lawrence being coached by Pederson, much less anywhere close to Watson.

That said, even with that possible roadmap, it wn't be easy under most reasonable expectations, even if our division has the worst QBs in the AFC.  Tennessee owns us until we prove otherwise, as Henry embarrasses us like no other RB has.  Houston isn't far behind, though at least on paper last year we had the better team.  We have had success against the Colts, but fron 1-53, they have the most talented roster in the division.

Bottom line, it's going to be an absolute fight for teams in the AFC to reach the playoffs because of all of the quality QBs.

While I think you're right that winning the division is going to be needed to make the postseason, I also get the sneaky suspicion that the other divisions are equalizing themselves and may end up so competitive that 9-8 or 10-7 takes a division and leaves the rest on the outside looking in. Buffalo might be able to run away from at least the fish and the Jest, but NE should remain competitive; the entire AFCn and AFCw are stacked (okay, barring Pittsburgh but I still can't count them out until they actually start losing), and then there's the AFCs.

hopefully the tacks and tinhorns get the rug pulled out from under them, we seem to have more luck against the horseshoes.

I'm not expecting playoffs this year. But boy howdy would it be a welcomed surprise!

We are in complete agreement. I could see the Bills reaping the benefits from the state of their division and the smart way they have built their team (as much as it nauseates me to type that).

That said, their road isn't too much easier than the Jaguars, since they have to play the AFC North. The QBs in that division aren't quite as good from top to bottom as they are in the AFC West, I will say the defenses in the AFC North are/should be better than the defenses in the AFC West, Chargers excluded.

(03-23-2022, 09:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 11:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Remember, this is an errant and horrendous throw by Trevor in jagLVP's eyes.
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/147...5555007493

Have there been specific charges against Shenault for point shaving?

Is there currently a pending investigation, or has Shenault been suspended for point shaving?

If not, that's a helluva caption/title to put on that tweet.  It could easily result in a civil suit.

The title of the tweet is just a joke because the drop by Shenault is so bad lol.

(03-23-2022, 05:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 09:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Have there been specific charges against Shenault for point shaving?

The title of the tweet is just a joke because the drop by Shenault is so bad lol.

That drop was horrible to be sure.

But considering Ridley just got suspended for a year for gambling on football (which isn't as bad as a point shaving allegation),I wouldn't joke like that

I expect him to walk on water and fart lavender febreeze clouds.

Is that too much?

All kidding aside, i expect to see more of why he went num 1. An efficient looking offense with some more ex0losive plays and def a higher comp percentage.

I expect his TD-INT ratio to improve, as well as completion rating. As for win/loss, I would expect improvement but it is impossible to guess what our record will look like. It is impossible to predict anything result-wise yet. These last few seasons, injuries have absolutely wrecked teams expected to make the play-offs, and we still have a draft to go.

(04-04-2022, 12:01 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...urce=share

Literally blows your (and a few other's) dumb [BLEEP] "Lawrence is inaccurate, he has accuracy issues etc" takes out of the water. 

As well as all of your other awful Lawrence takes, but the majority already knew this. Will be fun to see how you spin and twist your awful takes going forward.

(04-04-2022, 12:01 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...urce=share

Interesting stats considering while watching the jaguars games last year.. there were an abundance of bad throws. Wonder who made this stat.

(04-04-2022, 02:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

Interesting stats considering while watching the jaguars games last year.. there were an abundance of bad throws. Wonder who made this stat.

You claim you watched games last year, but you also don't think drops were a problem LOLOLOLOL

That stat just confirms what we all seen during the games last year, even if you don't want to believe it because it doesn't support your awful opinion on Lawrence.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 02:49 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-04-2022, 02:36 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Interesting stats considering while watching the jaguars games last year.. there were an abundance of bad throws. Wonder who made this stat.

You claim you watched games last year, but you also don't think drops were a problem LOLOLOLOL

That stat just confirms what we all seen during the games last year, even if you don't want to believe it because it doesn't support your awful opinion on Lawrence.

You must not actually read my posts if you think I don't consider drops to be a problem. I've been advocating for Laviska to be cut/traded since midway through the season because of that very reason. But to say Trevor Lawrence had more catchable passes than Tom Brady last year dosen't seem right at all. My opinion on Lawrence is grounded by his play.. not what I hear from some bozo on ESPN like yourself and plenty others. 

While I can acknowledge he had a subpar supporting cast (to say the very least) I can also acknowledge that I watched him countless times in a clean pocket, completely miss a wide open WR. The best example of that was a double crosser in the endzone. Lawrence stepped up, clean pocket and threw the ball towards Marvin Jones IIRC who was being followed closely by a DB on the right side of the endzone. Ball floated well over his head. Meanwhile, on the left side of the field you had Treadwell on the exact same route, opposite side running with a 2-3 yard gap between him and the DB. Bad Decision and one of the worst throws i've seen a professional QB make under 0 pressure.

EDIT: Also you say "I claim to watch the games".. yes as a matter of fact, I've probably watched more jaguars football since 2010 than anyone else here. I haven't missed a single game, and I don't turn the TV off when we're getting blown out. I'm a die hard fan, i'm just realistic in my opinion rather than blowing hype up my own [BLEEP] when theres nothing to be hyped about.

(04-04-2022, 02:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:36 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You claim you watched games last year, but you also don't think drops were a problem LOLOLOLOL

You must not actually read my posts if you think I don't consider drops to be a problem. I've been advocating for Laviska to be cut/traded since midway through the season because of that very reason. But to say Trevor Lawrence had more catchable passes than Tom Brady last year dosen't seem right at all. My opinion on Lawrence is grounded by his play.. not what I hear from some bozo on ESPN like yourself and plenty others. 

While I can acknowledge he had a subpar supporting cast (to say the very least) I can also acknowledge that I watched him countless times in a clean pocket, completely miss a wide open WR. The best example of that was a double crosser in the endzone. Lawrence stepped up, clean pocket and threw the ball towards Marvin Jones IIRC who was being followed closely by a DB on the right side of the endzone. Ball floated well over his head. Meanwhile, on the left side of the field you had Treadwell on the exact same route, opposite side running with a 2-3 yard gap between him and the DB. Bad Decision and one of the worst throws i've seen a professional QB make under 0 pressure.

EDIT: Also you say "I claim to watch the games".. yes as a matter of fact, I've probably watched more jaguars football since 2010 than anyone else here. I haven't missed a single game, and I don't turn the TV off when we're getting blown out. I'm a die hard fan, i'm just realistic in my opinion rather than blowing hype up my own [BLEEP] when theres nothing to be hyped about.

You're cute, you really are LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hey guys we have the biggest Jaguars' fan, of all Jaguars' fans you'll ever see here. This guy has watched more and knows more than any of us here could even begin to try and comprehend.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 03:09 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-04-2022, 03:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You must not actually read my posts if you think I don't consider drops to be a problem. I've been advocating for Laviska to be cut/traded since midway through the season because of that very reason. But to say Trevor Lawrence had more catchable passes than Tom Brady last year dosen't seem right at all. My opinion on Lawrence is grounded by his play.. not what I hear from some bozo on ESPN like yourself and plenty others. 

Hey guys we have the biggest Jaguars' fan, of all Jaguars' fans you'll ever see here. This guy has watched more and knows more than any of us here could even begin to try and comprehend.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This response really reminds me of the 9 year old trolls in the comments of youtube videos. Not surprising tho.
You wouldn't know football if you were in the 3rd row of that game I mentioned and Trevors poor throw hit you in the back of the head.

(04-04-2022, 03:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 03:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You're cute, you really are LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This response really reminds me of the 9 year old trolls in the comments of youtube videos. Not surprising tho.
You wouldn't know football if you were in the 3rd row of that game I mentioned and Trevors poor throw hit you in the back of the head.

It's the type of response you get when you claim that you have watched (and know) more Jags football than anybody here does. Just like how you assumed ESPN [BLEEP] or whatever you said above.

I've seen enough of your posts to know your opinion is about as good as a wet book of matches bud.

You probably still think Urban can be a good NFL HC huh LOLOLOLOL.

(04-04-2022, 03:18 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 03:08 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This response really reminds me of the 9 year old trolls in the comments of youtube videos. Not surprising tho.

It's the type of response you get when you claim that you have watched (and know) more Jags football than anybody here does. Just like how you assumed ESPN [BLEEP] or whatever you said above.

I've seen enough of your posts to know your opinion is about as good as a wet book of matches bud.

You probably still think Urban can be a good NFL HC huh LOLOLOLOL.

Who are you confusing me with? I wanted Urban fired the day we signed Tebow.

(04-04-2022, 02:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

First year watching the NFL and only watched the Jaguars and Kansas City? You sound like you lack experience and/or perspective if you think Trevor had an out of the ordinary amount of uncatchable passes last year 

Fans that have watched the NFL for a long time and understand what they're watching saw a poorly coached rookie QB with a #3 WR starting the games as his #1 receiver and either really bad play design or guys regularly running the wrong routes, compounded with a ton of unforgivably bad drops.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 07:42 AM by Bullseye.)

(04-04-2022, 03:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: You must not actually read my posts if you think I don't consider drops to be a problem. I've been advocating for Laviska to be cut/traded since midway through the season because of that very reason. But to say Trevor Lawrence had more catchable passes than Tom Brady last year dosen't seem right at all. My opinion on Lawrence is grounded by his play.. not what I hear from some bozo on ESPN like yourself and plenty others. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
So I'm not the only one reacting to him in this way?  It's not just me?

(04-04-2022, 07:21 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:23 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Interesting stats considering while watching the jaguars games last year.. there were an abundance of bad throws. Wonder who made this stat.

First year watching the NFL and only watched the Jaguars and Kansas City? You sound like you lack experience and/or perspective if you think Trevor had an out of the ordinary amount of uncatchable passes last year 

Fans that have watched the NFL for a long time and understand what they're watching saw a poorly coached rookie QB with a #3 WR starting the games as his #1 receiver and either really bad play design or guys regularly running the wrong routes, compounded with a ton of unforgivably bad drops.
Absolutely right.

Hell even if u aint watched nfl for long
Surely if u follow ither sports u can at least identify what trevor went theu last year, ive seen the same thing happen in a lot of different codes of sport where a star player is coached like [BLEEP] and jt just takes a overhall of that coach and his staff for that player to truly live up to his potential

(04-04-2022, 02:47 AM)in terms of games watchedChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 02:36 AM)Eric1 Wrote: You claim you watched games last year, but you also don't think drops were a problem LOLOLOLOL

Dude, I've got a custom jersey that's got you by a decade.   Rolleyes