Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 10:09 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-20-2022, 07:15 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 06:53 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just like last season, I don't have any specific numbers in mind. I just wanna see steady improvement. How much that improvement is will depend on who we draft, because I don't see how we upgraded the WR corps with who we got in free agency.

Wow.  We really see things differently.  While I am frustrated that we did not do what it took to land Cooper and now Woods, both WRs we signed elevated the floor of our WR corps at a minimum.  Without question Kirk is the best WR on the team right now.  That he is the best and is an X/Y hybrid does not bother me.  AND  I think it's imperative to get an X in the draft.  But X does not have to be our best receiver on Day 1.  

What if we move beyond binary thinking?  The Jags reasonably need 2 offseasons to compete for the division.  In the loaded AFC we have for the foreseeable future, I believe we're going to have to win the division to make the playoffs.  This free agency has brought real improvement on both sides of the ball.  If we don't get everything we need in the draft, we will still be playing better football in 2022 than in 2021.  I can get behind that.

I just don't see it. When Chark was healthy, he was a much better receiver than Kirk and definitely better than Jones. Unfortunately, injuries got the better of him over the past few seasons. As far as Kirk now being the best receiver on the team, I would certainly hope so. Our receivers were pure garbage last year. Being the best of a terrible group is not saying much. I still believe that Kirk is an average slot receiver and that is his ceiling. 

I think this team won't be competing for the division until at least 2025. I agree that we have improved significantly at ILB, OG and Nickel. Those additions should help us quite a bit. I'm willing to say that our defense will be markedly improved next season, but this team still has a long, long way to go. On offense I don't see much difference. We brought in a couple new receivers, but I don't think they are much better than what we had. I'm hoping the draft changes my mind. Personally with as many draft picks as we have, I would spend 3 picks on WR's.

(03-20-2022, 08:37 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: 36tds 12 ints 5028 yds (I have no idea just throwing out the first numbers that came into my head :-D )

Your gonna be very disappointed. Those look like Josh Allen type numbers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by TheO-LineMatters - 03-20-2022, 10:08 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM