Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

I think the Jaguars have done a lot to upgrade the team that will help Lawrence.  I'm hoping better coaching helps with our existing players.  Agnew is a converted defensive back.  Shenault has only been in the league two years.  I also think Marvin Jones will do better if we have a deep threat on the field.  His production dropped after we lost Chark.  In regard to Chark, yes we lost him, but he only played 3 full games last year so not a major impact.  While I think they were over-paid, I do think Kirk and Jones improves our wide receiver group.  I would be shocked if we didn't use a day two draft pick at the position as well.  They will probably use their #33 overall pick and wouldn't surprise me if they traded up into the first round to get a quality receiver.  

At tight end, we added Evan Engram.  Having Dan Arnold for a full season will help.  He played in less than half of our games due to being a mid-season acquisition and then finishing the year injured.  It also wouldn't surprise me if we used a day two draft pick on another tight end.  

At running back, I'm hoping that ETN is healthy which would be another receiving weapon that didn't exist last year.

Our offensive line is better.  I think Walker Little will upgrade a starting tackle spot.  Cam Robinson returns so we are no worse off at the other tackle spot.  We upgraded one guard sport with a pro-bowler.  With Bartch returning, we are no worse at the other guard spot, and he could improve.  He was a small school player that was considered a project.  I could also easily see him getting competition from a draft pick.  Guards tend to fall in the draft.   As of writing this, Linder also returns.  That would be a loss if he is cut, but Shatley isn't bad and played roughly half of last season anyway.  I also would find it likely that we draft a center if Linder is cut.  Centers tend to fall in the draft and might upgrade Shatley.  The bottom line is I think our offensive line overall will be better.

I am also one who thinks defense interconnects with offense.  Our defense will be improved which will give Lawrence better field position and more opportunities to make touchdowns.  Also by not being down so many points early in the game, we can have a more balanced offense.  The other team not knowing if we are going to run or pass will make life much easier on Lawrence.  

The question is where will he rank?  It's hard to predict.  I agree that there are a lot of good quarterbacks in the conference.  I think middle of the pack is reasonable.  I'll say eighth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by TheDuke007 - 03-20-2022, 02:39 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM