Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 05:33 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(03-20-2022, 08:37 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: 36tds 12 ints 5028 yds (I have no idea just throwing out the first numbers that came into my head :-D )

You know what's funny is somebody said Patrick Mahomes peaked last year and those are almost his exact stats, 37 td, 13 int 4800 yd.

But back on topic, if trevor has a stat line like that i'd be over the moon.

(03-20-2022, 04:54 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 06:31 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Regardless of whom we add in the draft, or who we've already added in free agency. If Trevor Lawrence has another 12 td 17 int type season, he isn't the guy. A scary thought, I know because regardless if that happens or not he will probably get at least a 3rd season to "prove it" just because of his draft position. I know a lot of people on this board think I hate Trevor or want him to fail and that's the furthest thing from the truth but I'm just being real.

My personal expectation, however is that we will see growth but I do not feel like he's going to blow anyone away because that's just not how I see him at this point in time. I think with what i'd assume to be a much more durable Offensive line and hopefully a more productive receiving core that Trevor will at the very least, improve his productivity.

Realistic expectations for me are something like 7 wins, 20 TDs 12 ints. Personally, would be very unhappy with these kinds of numbers but at the very least it would show some sort of improvement. In a 17 game season, with a much better coaching staff/line/weapons I think my entire opinion would change on Trevor if he could get us 8-10 wins, throw around 30 TDs and keep the ints below 10. I know that this sounds a bit greedy, but taking into consideration the extra game a competent "elite" QB shouldn't be throwing less than 30 TDs in this modern era of football. And god forbid, no more 7 game stretches without scoring a TD.

I'm feeling very cautiously optimistic right now, I don't have an overwelming feeling of excitement for the season that I was hoping I would around this time last year because of how inept the QB and the rest of the team played. I just hope Trevor is dialed in and ready to get better and not just coasting through the offseason because he thinks he's "made of the right stuff".

Time will tell..

I think you are being pessimistic. Being Jaguar fans tho we tend to do that. If Trev's numbers were 9/18  TD/INT would that make you more pessimistic? What about year three with 19/24? Those were Aikman and Favre's numbers respectively. My point is, it is way too early in his career to get pessimistic. I'm sorry if I am wrong despite your couching what you said in terms of being realistic, you still come across as pessimistic. I say that based on what Trevor had to work with last year. Both on the field and off. And I mean players, coaches and the entire debacle of a dysfunctional staff. I am amazed at the amount of maturity he showed, often being the most grown up of anybody in the room. He is going to be fine IMO. Will he be that "generational quarteback" we have never had? Too soon to tell but if I was a betting man, I would say yes.

Basically what i'm saying is, year one he didn't show us much.. combined with the fact that I already felt he was overrated after watching multiple hours of his college play (not his highlights, but game by game every play tape). I am however, aware that he posses natural talents that if he busts his [BLEEP] and is coached in the right direction can certainly be extremely good. 

I'm not giving up on the guy yet, I'm just saying that for me he still has to prove he's the guy, I'm just not convinced yet. I do cut him some slack for the team he played on last year as it was garbage.. but I can't blame the WRs/coaches for his poor accuracy/decisions. That's on him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by ChrisJagBoy - 03-20-2022, 05:28 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM