Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(03-21-2022, 02:41 PM)cland Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 02:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Wow what an assignment, but here goes. 

Looking at the various QB rankings for last year he was anywhere between 32 and 27. He had an absentee-ish HC and a lot of new best friends/coaches that for the most part are not here anymore. Instead of playing for a team which had a skill level across the board superior to most of his competition he was on a team where many players were glad we had a team or they would be out of football.  His results were:
17 games/59.6 pct/3641 pass yds/6.0ypa/12 pass TD/17 int/334 rush yds/2 rush TD/9 fumbles

This year he gets an experienced coach with a vision. A bunch of new best friend/coaches and hopefully a few better teammates.  It could be categorized as his first year of playing organized Pro ball. I expect him to improve in a lot of areas.  This year I would hope for:
17 games/65pct+/4,000yds+/ 7 ypa/20 td/9 int/450 rush yds/ 4 rush td/ 4 fumbles

Where that would rank him with the other QB's is subjective but should place him between 12 and 16. 

I know hope is not a plan, but we are Jaguar fans, No?

I think Jag149 is right on, as the above is best case that can be hoped for.  The amount of improvement Trevor has to make to hit #13 on Bullseye's list is pretty staggering...notice that Zach Wilson is the only one to have more INTs over TDs.  To increase Lawrence's TD by 8, and to reduce INTs by 8 (above) is really only possible if Pederson's west-coast(ish) play calling and coaching can improve his reading ability and accuracy.

I also think a pass-catching TE is a must have in the 2nd round.  I don't think Engram's 1 year deal means this position is at all fulfilled.
(emphasis added)

You can add Matt Ryan to that list, because the Colts just traded a 3rd round pick to Atlanta for him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by Bullseye - 03-21-2022, 03:15 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM