Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

Its a very good question Bullseye and one i think people need to think about. The AFC took a step up again this year and its going to be a real fight pretty much every week. 

For me, i know in recent years the formula has been get a rookie QB then spend big on cap everywhere else on the roster while you have the rookie QB contract and hope you build a championship team. We havent been able to do that as the roster we had when we got Lawrence wasa dumpster fire and then we had Meyer waste a year. The one thing Pederson said that i liked most was this year was about improving the roster and improving the players we have and i think thats the path for us. I know its not exciting and may take another year or two to show those results but we arent a good draft or FA signing away from making a deep run.

I very much like the additions we made in FA and think the draft picks will improve us and Pederson and his system and coaches will improve us so i think there are things to be excited about. I felt so sorry for Lawrence at times last year as the kid was trying so damn hard and everything around him was conspiring against him. This is a fresh start with a HC who was a QB and i think we see more of the real Trevor Lawrence this year.

If the D can start getting stops and scoring points and getting turnovers we may shock a few teams and it will be good experience playing stronger teams to see where the bar we have to reach is now.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by JagFan81 - 03-22-2022, 09:45 AM