Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2022, 03:58 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-06-2022, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 08:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This info, coming from what source exactly? Who decides if a pass is catchable or not? I'm sorry but, I assume you and most of the other people on this board watched the games last year.. he wasn't throwing a ton of catchable passes. It's not catchable when it goes flying 5 yards over your head or out the back of the endzone. 

I'm pretty sure we are all watching the same games, but sometimes I can't tell with how ignorant people on this board are when it comes to being bias. It's just funny because I went through this same crap in 2014-2015 with Bortles. It's okay to be biased for your team, it's not okay to be ignorant and completely blind.

I was at all the home games last year, and what I saw was that it was very seldom that our receivers got open.  It was pretty remarkable, actually.  From actually sitting in the stands, in a very good seat, seeing the whole field, the obvious problem was the receivers.  Not the QB.   And then, of course, when they did get open, they dropped the ball.  But the main problem was that they weren't open.  That's what I saw, from sitting in the stands, and seeing the whole field.  

So, did you actually go to the games, or did you just watch them on TV?

Last year I only attended one game. And in regards to the in-bold text, I agree with you that our Wrs didn't get open often.. no one is arguing that our "playmakers" weren't making plays. But when you make the decision to throw a pass to a WR and you're not throwing the ball away, and the ball goes flying over their head and gets picked off 5-10 yards down the field by a safety who was no where near the WR, how can you blame the WR?

Go watch that video I linked of his INTs last year, of course this is only 17 throws I unfortunately work full time or i'd go on game pass and make a huge compliation of bad throws but I do not have the time for that. He was not good last year, regardless of how the surrounding offensive players did he was not good. Would his stats been a little bit better if the WRs didn't drop passes/got open? Of course they would.. that's why he had solid numbers in college, he had elite players to throw the ball to against guys who aren't in the NFL.

Now let me go back a bit, If you've been paying attention I was skeptical of Lawrence before we even thought we'd have a chance to get him. His issues in his rookie year, were very aparent in college aswell the only reason they went mostly unnoticed is because of the talent desparity between Clemson and his opponents. He had guys like Tee Higgins who is a really good WR for the Bengals and Travis ETN who people seem to forget had an ungodly amount of Yards/TDs during his time at Clemson. People touted him coming out as a finished product, day one plug and play guy who can turn a bad team around immediately. He was never that, he does however have immense amount of talent that IF as i've said for over a year now he can hone in and fix the accuracy/decision making/errant throws on the run, he could become a monster because he does have the arm, mobility, mindset and brains to do it.

So for now, i'm going to stop talking about Trevor because we never get a conversation out of it, only people flaming me. Let's just watch this season and see if he can turn it around.. he does have the talent, it's just about him fixing the mistakes he's had since his Clemson days.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by ChrisJagBoy - 04-07-2022, 03:56 AM