Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2022, 05:16 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(04-06-2022, 08:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 08:26 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: This info, coming from what source exactly? Who decides if a pass is catchable or not? I'm sorry but, I assume you and most of the other people on this board watched the games last year.. he wasn't throwing a ton of catchable passes. It's not catchable when it goes flying 5 yards over your head or out the back of the endzone. 

I'm pretty sure we are all watching the same games, but sometimes I can't tell with how ignorant people on this board are when it comes to being bias. It's just funny because I went through this same crap in 2014-2015 with Bortles. It's okay to be biased for your team, it's not okay to be ignorant and completely blind.

I was at all the home games last year, and what I saw was that it was very seldom that our receivers got open.  It was pretty remarkable, actually.  From actually sitting in the stands, in a very good seat, seeing the whole field, the obvious problem was the receivers.  Not the QB.   And then, of course, when they did get open, they dropped the ball.  But the main problem was that they weren't open.  That's what I saw, from sitting in the stands, and seeing the whole field.  

So, did you actually go to the games, or did you just watch them on TV?

The point of that video were to show a few of his bad throws in one game. This kind of thing you could very easily go back and find in any number of his college starts and most definitely in just about every game last year as a jaguar. The fact that your only argument is to assume my opinions are based off this video, which I never watched before I linked it to you is troublesome. I watched every single passing attempt Trevor made in college online, theres a neat website that takes a college prospects film for each game, and shows all of their plays for each one. I watched all of these over the few weeks after we became the owners of the first pick before we selected him. That is where my opinion comes from. Feel free to go check it out.

(04-07-2022, 06:09 PM)Newton Wrote: Yeah I don’t get it. I’m rooting for our guy. Does that mean I think he played perfectly? No, and I would bet he would tell you the same. At the same time, I’m not going to take a glass half empty approach. It’s hard enough being a jags fan as an optimist!

Same, but everyone thinks I hate him or something. I really like Trevor, he was the only option for us at #1 he more than likely will be the best QB from that class. My entire problem with him was the absurd hype surrounding him. It almost felt like someone called him a "generational talent" after watching his win vs Alabama, and every other sports news analyst decided to just say the same thing without watching any of his play. 

Outside of maybe physical talent, The guy was no where near as polished as someone like Andrew Luck coming out and the fact that people were claiming him to be just that made my head hurt. Luck was a guy who very obviously had a very high floor and potential to be an all time great. Trevor in my personal opinion has an average floor with the tools to be amazing. It just depends if he's able to develop them and fix his current issues.

Anyone claiming he was good last year, or that he is 100% destined to be great have lips wrapped around a straw in a glass of teal kool-aid

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 03-21-2022, 07:33 AM
RE: Reasonable Expectations for Trevor Lawrence - by ChrisJagBoy - 04-08-2022, 05:12 AM