Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Expose via the Athletic

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 11:46 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oh well. We all like the new coach and there is a lot of excitement. The past is the past. I like a player's coach to if it works. I don"t like when players just coast and take the pay check and get settle in nicely to losing every year, and I cant believe players were crying. That's kind of unbelievable but wow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Reddit text of article

Worse than I realized.  Wow.  This man is an absolute piece of human garbage on top of being ignorant.

And there's STILL someone trying to defend him in this very thread.  I hope Urban never gets another job, but I know he will.

I expect a lot of improvement.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 12:14 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Before and after he was hired, so many people expressed a bad opinion of the guy, and I passed it off as jilted Gator fans who were mad that he left.  I really thought he would be a good coach for us.  Boy, was I wrong.  REALLY wrong.  

But, in keeping with my usual optimism, it sure seems like firing him is a case of addition by subtraction.  And it also make me admire Trevor for the way he handled things all last season.  Never complained, never blamed anyone else, kept answering questions from the media, in a very mature and professional way.

How much better can this team be, going from one of the worst head coaches in the history of the NFL, to a very experienced and professional Super Bowl winning head coach that apparently everyone likes.

(03-21-2022, 11:53 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Reddit text of article

Worse than I realized.  Wow.  This man is an absolute piece of human garbage on top of being ignorant.

And there's STILL someone trying to defend him in this very thread.  I hope Urban never gets another job, but I know he will.

WOW...all I can say is WOW.  I hope Urban gets some help, he needs it.  There is tough coaching and there is abusive coaching. Up to the reader to decide....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 12:26 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Still remember certain poster who kept defending Urban and claimed that he never lost the team hahaha! haven't seen that guy in a while.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-21-2022, 12:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Before and after he was hired, so many people expressed a bad opinion of the guy, and I passed it off as jilted Gator fans who were mad that he left.  I really thought he would be a good coach for us.  Boy, was I wrong.  REALLY wrong.  

But, in keeping with my usual optimism, it sure seems like firing him is a case of addition by subtraction.  And it also make me admire Trevor for the way he handled things all last season.  Never complained, never blamed anyone else, kept answering questions from the media, in a very mature and professional way.

How much better can this team be, going from one of the worst head coaches in the history of the NFL, to a very experienced and professional Super Bowl winning head coach that apparently everyone likes.

This surmises my take on Meyer as well. The guy truly is a fraud and I was taken in hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine how foolish Khan feels.

49ers history aside, does this article cause anyone to rethink their take on Baalke?

Combination of a bad coach, with untalented and snowflake players, and you get the Jags 2021 Team

After Reading this it seems we saw the real Trent Balkee last year. Urbs said you the personell guy you go do what you do and get me some players and had no imput into the FA market. This year i would not praise Trent on what has been done i think Doug is the Alpha male in the room and said i want this player and that player an you go get them no matter what. I think the team has a good HC now who will be a great team going foward. Trent is still a clown but he knows Doug is in charge unlike Urbs who wanted to be at the golf course by 5 every day.

(03-21-2022, 11:53 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Reddit text of article

"Losing eats away at your soul" - UM

The problem with this statement is that you have to have a soul to start with.

This would have been hands-down, the best Hard Knocks in history. Antonio Brown in the Raiders version would have looked like NFL Man of the Year compared to 2021 Meyer.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Oh well. We all like the new coach and there is a lot of excitement. The past is the past. I like a player's coach to if it works. I don"t like when players just coast and take the pay check and get settle in nicely to losing every year, and I cant believe players were crying. That's kind of unbelievable but wow.
People love to say this when they are, without a doubt, proven very wrong.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 01:36 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 4 times in total.)

(03-21-2022, 12:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 12:12 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Before and after he was hired, so many people expressed a bad opinion of the guy, and I passed it off as jilted Gator fans who were mad that he left.  I really thought he would be a good coach for us.  Boy, was I wrong.  REALLY wrong.  

This surmises my take on Meyer as well. The guy truly is a fraud and I was taken in hook, line and sinker. I can only imagine how foolish Khan feels.

49ers history aside, does this article cause anyone to rethink their take on Baalke?

If Meyer treated him the same way that he treated players/coaches/scouts/office personnel/custodial staff, then possibly yes. Probably a blessing in disguise that we had a coach-killing GM in the building this time. Sometimes, it's ok to drive them out.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Very glad to be the conductor of the Urban Liar hate train from day 1 with unwavering disdain for the guy.

(03-21-2022, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:45 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Oh well. We all like the new coach and there is a lot of excitement. The past is the past. I like a player's coach to if it works. I don"t like when players just coast and take the pay check and get settle in nicely to losing every year, and I cant believe players were crying. That's kind of unbelievable but wow.
People love to say this when they are, without a doubt, proven very wrong.

What's the difference? I've been thinking the jags will win every year. I'm always going to believe the jags will win even as my friends make fun of me. We all get it. Most people didnt like the x coach. Let the abusive x girl friend go, and let's focus on the new coach and not the past.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 01:44 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I honestly can’t believe Urban accepted the gig seeing now how much of a fraud he is all the way around and allowing that now to be out there about him.

In my mind, he torched his college legacy. The cherry on top is him wanting his guys to dunk on the goal post after scoring TDs in games. You should have many more important things to worry about as head coach than encouraging fine inducing TD celebrations. It’s just hilarious.

Not a subscriber so I could only read two paragraphs. Nevertheless, point was taken whether Chark put it out there or not. We've moved on and I'm ecstatic that we did because that nasty taste was in my mouth from day one about Meyer even before he was hired as our HC. I wish no ill on him but I'm glad that he's no longer a Jaguar.

Also, can we move this thread? It has no place what so ever.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I was sooo wrong about Urban!

I admit I supported him til the end. I had no idea. With what I see in this article, he was the worst NFL coach ever. I'm shocked no player didn't split his wig. I would've played like crazy for him too!

Last season should be erased for every player on the team! You can't evaluate anyone after that environment.

On top of that we have to reevaluate Baalke. He saved the team and players by getting Meyer fired.

Funny... He was saying all the right things publicly, and I was so hoping he was developing a rapport with the players so much so that they would run through a brick wall for him, and he was busy losing the locker room behind the scenes before he even got half way through the pre-season.
What a waste of a season.

(03-21-2022, 03:55 PM)scottyg Wrote: Funny...  He was saying all the right things publicly, and I was so hoping he was developing a rapport with the players so much so that they would run through a brick wall for him, and he was busy losing the locker room behind the scenes before he even got half way through the pre-season.
What a waste of a season.
Man that last sentence.

I bought NFL Sunday Ticket for the first time ever because I wanted to make sure I caught every game with Trevor.  I used to just find one of those illegal stream sites but wanted to ensure I got every game. Then the season happened and it was such a dud. From the first game against Houston to week 17 (before the clots game), it was a dud. Wasting the best QB prospect this team has ever had. I was at rock bottom as a fan for most of the year. They're slowly turning it around but until it happens on the field, I'm still not overly optimistic.

https://12ft.io/

Mods can remove post if they deem unsuitable

(03-21-2022, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Meyer is an even bigger piece of [BLEEP] than I realized based on some of the few excerpts I have read in here alone. How the [BLEEP] do you not know who some of the best players are in the NFL? What a dunce.

You can easily watch the yearly NFLNetwork's top 100 players on YouTube. [BLEEP], you could probably ask your children, grandchildren, another player or coach to take a quick look at their current Madden game and look at the roster on there to get a feel.

"Oh, [BLEEP], so, like, any player rated above 80 are pretty good and then like, any player over 90 is pretty much considered elite, right?"
I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!