Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matt Ryan close to become a clot

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 01:45 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

Short term ( 1 to 3 seasons), Matt Ryan would probably be a major upgrade for tor the Colts at the QB position. 'Matty Ice' would bring back the intangible elements at the QB position that the Colts lacked after Philip Rivers retired and has more physical ability than Rivers did in his final NFL season.

The Colts are in very good shape salary cap wise,

.Because they don't have a 1st Round Pick, the Falcons probably can get the Colts 2023 1st Round Pick as part of the trade. This, in addition to a Day 2 Pick in 2022.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1505...u96ARs-8Nw

Wow. For just a 3rd rounder.

Yeah just a third. Falcons just dumped.

(03-21-2022, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1505...u96ARs-8Nw

Wow. For just a 3rd rounder.

This is shocking, considering the QB trade market the last couple of off-seasons!  

if a 3rd Round pick is the best offer the Falcons could get now for Matt Ryan, they should have paid him his roster bonus and plan for Ryan to be their starting QB in 2022.  They would probably get much more than a 3rd Round pick if another team suffers a major injury at the QB position and that team would be a serious playoff contender with Ryan as their replacement.

This just made the division title harder to get.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-21-2022, 01:54 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Yeah just a third. Falcons just dumped.

He is an over the hill, QB who makes a lot of bad throws. Really bad throws.

The Falcons reportedly only saved around $ 8 million in salary cap space by trading Matt Ryan at this time. A 3rd Round Pick isn't remotely enough trade compensation for Matt Ryan, even factoring in that he will turn 37 later this year and his peak days as a QB are in the past.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...the-colts/

Yeah this is bad news for us. Can we please transfer to the NFC?

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 02:37 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2022, 02:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I haven't watched him much lately, but he's definitely a statue. Need to pick Aidan at #1 to get after him. I like this move better than the Dolts acquiring Garappolo or Mayfield, who are young with room to improve. Ryan is clearly on the decline.

This is a desperation move by a GM whose job is on the line.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 03:20 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-21-2022, 01:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/150...u96ARs-8Nw

Jeez.

(03-21-2022, 01:42 PM)D6 Wrote: Short term ( 1 to 3 seasons), Matt Ryan would probably be a major upgrade for tor the Colts at the QB position.  'Matty Ice' would bring back the intangible elements at the QB position that the Colts lacked after Philip Rivers retired and has more physical ability than Rivers did in his final NFL season.

.Because they don't have a 1st Round Pick, the Falcons probably can get the Colts 2023 1st Round Pick as part of the trade.  This, in addition to a Day 2 Pick in 2022.

I've heard it's just for a 3rd round pick.

SMH.

The Colts still need a LT and another WR, but short term, I agree with you they are in good shape, provided all the hits he has taken the past few years don't exact their toll.

The quarterbacking in the AFC is just insane.

But to what end?

They are taking a $40 million dead cap hit by trading him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-21-2022, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 01:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/150...u96ARs-8Nw

Jeez.

(03-21-2022, 01:42 PM)D6 Wrote: Short term ( 1 to 3 seasons), Matt Ryan would probably be a major upgrade for tor the Colts at the QB position.  'Matty Ice' would bring back the intangible elements at the QB position that the Colts lacked after Philip Rivers retired and has more physical ability than Rivers did in his final NFL season.

.Because they don't have a 1st Round Pick, the Falcons probably can get the Colts 2023 1st Round Pick as part of the trade.  This, in addition to a Day 2 Pick in 2022.

SMH.

The Colts still need a LT and another WR, but short term, I agree with you they are in good shape, provided all the hits he has taken the past few years don't exact their toll.

But to what end?

Being that it's going to be difficult to land a starting caliber LT (as a rookie) in Round 2 of the upcoming draft, the Colts should at least bring in Saints UFA T Terron Armstead for a visit to see if he checks out ok physically.  If they don't act soon, Armstead could easily sign with the Dolphins.  The other FA LT options are far less appealing.  

Because the Colts didn't have to give up their 2nd Round pick in the trade for Matt Ryan, they have the opportunity to get a starting caliber WR in a deep WR draft.

I remember there being a really damning statistic for Matt Ryan when he played with Julio Jones and when he did not. Did that split persist into last season?

I didn't really follow the Falcons enough in 2022 to evaluate how much he has left.

(03-21-2022, 03:43 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Jeez.

SMH.

But to what end?

Being that it's going to be difficult to land a starting caliber LT (as a rookie) in Round 2 of the upcoming draft, the Colts should at least bring in Saints UFA T Terron Armstead for a visit to see if he checks out ok physically.  If they don't act soon, Armstead could easily sign with the Dolphins.  The other FA LT options are far less appealing.  

Because the Colts didn't have to give up their 2nd Round pick in the trade for Matt Ryan, they have the opportunity to get a starting caliber WR in a deep WR draft.
Agreed completely.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-21-2022, 01:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This just made the division title harder to get.

Yes, but in reality, the Jags just need to take care of business and continually improve.  Heck, we had Tannehill, Wentz, and Davis Freaking Mills in our division and we only won 1 game of 6, losing to the Texans 2x by a total of 30 points.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 09:48 AM by Mikey.)

(03-21-2022, 02:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I hope he does as well for the 'shoes as julio did for the tacks.

(03-21-2022, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

But to what end?

I think we're seeing them plan to tank/eat a bunch of cap hits this season so that the next year or two opens them up to pursue a QB and/or make a run at postseason.

When you think about it, not a bad idea. Tawmy probably won't last more than another season or two, and nobody else in that division is worth a darn right now. Take a mulligan on this season and get ready to rebuild toward 2023 and beyond.

(03-21-2022, 05:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 01:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This just made the division title harder to get.

Yes, but in reality, the Jags just need to take care of business and continually improve.  Heck, we had Tannehill, Wentz, and Davis Freaking Mills in our division and we only won 1 game of 6, losing to the Texans 2x by a total of 30 points.

Hear, hear!

Ryan doesn't scare me anyway.  Dude was a statue in his athletic prime.  Relatively speaking, he's the guy playing with a walker.  I'm sure he can still throw pretty well given time, but any kind of pressure at all should be able to take him off his game.

(03-23-2022, 02:26 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 05:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, but in reality, the Jags just need to take care of business and continually improve.  Heck, we had Tannehill, Wentz, and Davis Freaking Mills in our division and we only won 1 game of 6, losing to the Texans 2x by a total of 30 points.

Hear, hear!

Ryan doesn't scare me anyway.  Dude was a statue in his athletic prime.  Relatively speaking, he's the guy playing with a walker.  I'm sure he can still throw pretty well given time, but any kind of pressure at all should be able to take him off his game.

Well in recent history we've had a habit of making bad QBs look good. And I wouldn't call him a bad QB.
I think the clots improved their QB position. If nothing else Ryan doesn't do a lot of the crazy dumb Wentz things and has a better injury history.

(03-23-2022, 02:36 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 02:26 PM)scottyg Wrote: Hear, hear!

Well in recent history we've had a habit of making bad QBs look good. And I wouldn't call him a bad QB.
I think the clots improved their QB position. If nothing else Ryan doesn't do a lot of the crazy dumb Wentz things and has a better injury history.

Agreed i mean cmon didnt we lose to almost everyones backup qbs.  He might not be what he once was but def better than whatever they had.

The Colts solidified the qb position for this year and next. They have a decent shot of winning the division. But they still need to draft the next one. And with no 1st rounder, they won't be doing it this year.
[Image: giphy.gif]