Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have we been too harsh on Baalke?

It's too early to be this way. Yes Walker isn't playing great and yes, Gardner looks really good, but geez, we're doing that thing again. Can the guy have a season before we decide he was a bad pick?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He is just making bonehead plays. But he has been dominant at times too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Baalke's acquisitions had been trending upward and we are seeing lots of lost confidence in a few of them now.

On the whole - his additions have still helped more than hurt - and the fact that Jenkins and Griffin both have 2 -year out clauses on the contract is point to help the F.O. redirect the secondary to suit what Caldwell wants to do next year.
I hope we see them both upgraded in the Spring.

(yes, I know Jenkins has had a couple of "good" games this year - I still think we can get better - he's hot and cold)

Hopefully we get to see Caldwell make some adjustments so Griffin isn't exposed so much.

(10-17-2022, 12:06 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: One thing that I haven't seen get mentioned is Baalke's failure on Day 3 of the draft.  

2021:

4th Round - Jay Tufele - No longer on team.

4th Round - Jordan Smith - He's been on injured reserve this year, but last year, he was a healthy inactive for virtually the whole season.  He played in 2 games and that was only because other players were injured.

5th Round - Luke Farrell - Our fourth string tight end.  Through six games this year, he has 1 reception.  Sadly, this makes him Baalke's best Day 3 pick with the Jaguars.

6th Round - Jalen Camp - Cut without ever taking a regular season snap for the Jaguars.

2022:

5th Round - Snoop Conner - A healthy inactive for all six games.  He has never taken a regular season snap.

6th Round - Gregory Junior - Did not make 53 man roster.  No other team wanted him for their 53 man roster.  He's currently on the Jaguars practice squad and has yet to take a regular season snap.

7th Round - Montaric Brown - Although injured today, he's mostly been a healthy inactive.  Because of an injury to another player, he was activated for one game this year, but only played 4 special teams snaps.  He has yet to take a single regular season snap on defense.

If Baalke is retained, maybe the Jaguars should just trade away all of their Day 3 picks next year.  It's hard to get less production out of seven draft picks.
That's a fair point. Either that or start giving somebody control of the War Room and Value board. I wanted John Ridgeway at NT over Snoop Conner at RB. After the Fatukasi injury that pick would have been better potentially. Ridgeway played NT a lot at Arkansas in a 3 man base and flashed consistent disruption at times with two blockers on him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-19-2022, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Baalke's acquisitions had been trending upward and we are seeing lots of lost confidence in a few of them now.

On the whole - his additions have still helped more than hurt - and the fact that Jenkins and Griffin both have 2 -year out clauses on the contract is point to help the F.O. redirect the secondary to suit what Caldwell wants to do next year.

(yes, I know Jenkins has had a couple of "good" games this year -  I still think we can get better - he's hot and cold)

Hopefully we get to see Caldwell make some adjustments so Griffin isn't exposed so much.

I agree with this. And I agree with what you said about Jenkins. And I’m all for hiding Griffin. Maybe he can play nickel and let Herndon take his spot.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 07:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-19-2022, 07:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 11:13 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Baalke's acquisitions had been trending upward and we are seeing lots of lost confidence in a few of them now.

(yes, I know Jenkins has had a couple of "good" games this year -  I still think we can get better - he's hot and cold)

I agree with this. And I agree with what you said about Jenkins. And I’m all for hiding Griffin. Maybe he can play nickel and let Herndon take his spot.

He'll no man, why would you let Griffin take Williams spot? Teams would still go after him regardless of where he is.  You sit Griffin if anything

(10-19-2022, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 07:39 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree with this. And I agree with what you said about Jenkins. And I’m all for hiding Griffin. Maybe he can play nickel and let Herndon take his spot.

He'll no man, why would you let Griffin take Williams spot?  Teams would still go after him regardless of where he is.   You sit Griffin if anything

I’m all for that too. Griffin’s days on the outside are numbered, if not done. I remember that night when guys started running by Revis. Once they find out your slow, you’re getting exposed the rest of the season. 

My only gripe with Williams is he seems to miss tackles. But I would rather a miss tackle than to be burnt toast for touchdowns.

So we're back to bashing Baalke after cutting him some slack within the beginning of the season. It's Too Early for this madness. I understand that frustration is setting in due to the Ls and I understand that someone needs to pay for it. At this point all we should do is fault the coaching staff and the players.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-19-2022, 08:18 PM)NH3 Wrote: So we're back to bashing Baalke after cutting him some slack within the beginning of the season. It's Too Early for this madness. I understand that frustration is setting in due to the Ls and I understand that someone needs to pay for it. At this point all we should do is fault the coaching staff and the players.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I think fans are just fed up with Griffin after such a tough loss. The team we blew off the field in week 2 came out and had a field day on Griffin’s dome. Nothing Baalke can do about that on 3rd down in the middle of the game. At this point just gotta hope they sit Griffin. Just find a way to win some ball games.

After todays awful trade the answer to this question is a resounding “no”

(10-17-2022, 10:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's too early to be this way. Yes Walker isn't playing great and yes, Gardner looks really good, but geez, we're doing that thing again. Can the guy have a season before we decide he was a bad pick?

I'd say give him a couple of seasons.  My thinking on Walker is that his career may progress in a very similar fashion to Rashaan Gary in Green Bay.  He did next to nothing for two years, and has looked much better in his third year. 

In addition to that, we just played the Giants and got to see Thibs play.  He looked OK, but nothing out of this world.  I'm also not sure how Hutchinson is doing in Detriot, but I don't think he is setting the world on fire either.  The fact is, there just wasn't a truly dominant pass rusher for us to get in the 2022 draft. 

If it makes anyone feel better, Devin Lloyd looks like he's going to be a very good player for us for the next decade, so there's that.
[Image: pqk1i5F.jpg]

(10-25-2022, 12:06 AM)Portofino43 Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 10:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's too early to be this way. Yes Walker isn't playing great and yes, Gardner looks really good, but geez, we're doing that thing again. Can the guy have a season before we decide he was a bad pick?

I'd say give him a couple of seasons.  My thinking on Walker is that his career may progress in a very similar fashion to Rashaan Gary in Green Bay.  He did next to nothing for two years, and has looked much better in his third year. 

In addition to that, we just played the Giants and got to see Thibs play.  He looked OK, but nothing out of this world.  I'm also not sure how Hutchinson is doing in Detriot, but I don't think he is setting the world on fire either.  The fact is, there just wasn't a truly dominant pass rusher for us to get in the 2022 draft. 

If it makes anyone feel better, Devin Lloyd looks like he's going to be a very good player for us for the next decade, so there's that.

I really don't have any concerns with Baalke's early round decisions. It's the late rounds that concern me. If you're going to keep double and triple stacking up late RD picks in the 4th - 7th you better be doing something with them that ultimately nets you depth or role players. He's really had no luck in those regards.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I would still like to see a VP of Football Operations brought in. I don’t want Shad Khan making any football related decisions.

Still think Baalke should have been fired.

No, we haven't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2022, 09:12 AM)wg171 Wrote: I would still like to see a VP of Football Operations brought in. I don’t want Shad Khan making any football related decisions.

Still think Baalke should have been fired.

Owner was never bringing in a VP of Football Operations. He was just delaying until the next distraction kicked in. They aren't sharing there plans anymore with the fan. I am sure internally they feel like they are on track.

On the field the team is clearly better and competitive but the Wins aren't there. Did anyone expect something different? I understand the jolt of winning in LA against the Chargers making it look like an accelerated schedule but the Chargers are in a similar place to this team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 12:33 PM by surfon.)

(10-25-2022, 08:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 12:06 AM)Portofino43 Wrote: I'd say give him a couple of seasons.  My thinking on Walker is that his career may progress in a very similar fashion to Rashaan Gary in Green Bay.  He did next to nothing for two years, and has looked much better in his third year. 

I really don't have any concerns with Baalke's early round decisions. It's the late rounds that concern me. If you're going to keep double and triple stacking up late RD picks in the 4th - 7th you better be doing something with them that ultimately nets you depth or role players. He's really had no luck in those regards.

Man if we could combine baalke for early picks and caldwell for late rd picks and trades.  Now that would be a GM.  J/S

Time to start looking at this guy again

If we draft number one overall again and baalke is retained it will be the final death toll for the Jags future in Jax

Baalke has to go…period

I'm back to crucify
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]