Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have we been too harsh on Baalke?

(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As usual, can’t admit he’s wrong.
It’s impossible. 

Tebow didn’t succeed here because he was playing TE hahahaha

He was blackballed because he was too religious
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I couldn't careless what the depth chart says.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...counts.htm

Going into today's game..

Oliver - 42.11% of the Offensive snaps.

Likely - 39.01% of the Offensive snaps.
He's behind him on the depth chart like I said lol.  That's the Ravens site, I'm sure they know where he is on the depth chart more than you pulling snap counts from some randon site lol.  He's a 4th round rookie that is only 2 % less even if your numbers are even correct.  Not a good look

(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s impossible. 

Thank you

You can't be this [BLEEP] dense.. You aren't playing behind somebody that you average more snaps than. Boyle is listed #2 on the depth chart and has a total of 44 Offensive snaps. You gonna sit here and tell me he's playing above them as well just because some old depth chart says he is?

(11-27-2022, 09:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It’s impossible. 

He was blackballed because he was too religious
Exactly,  yall get it!!

(11-27-2022, 09:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He was blackballed because he was too religious
Exactly,  yall get it!!
Get help.

(11-27-2022, 09:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He was blackballed because he was too religious
Exactly,  yall get it!!

It’s sad that some people are so delusional they actually believe this.  

Also sad that some people can’t admit they’re wrong.

(11-27-2022, 09:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's behind him on the depth chart like I said lol.  That's the Ravens site, I'm sure they know where he is on the depth chart more than you pulling snap counts from some randon site lol.  He's a 4th round rookie that is only 2 % less even if your numbers are even correct.  Not a good look

Thank you

You can't be this [BLEEP] dense.. You aren't playing behind somebody that you average more snaps than. Boyle is listed #2 on the depth chart and has a total of 44 Offensive snaps. You gonna sit here and tell me he's playing above them as well just because some old depth chart says he is?
You can't be this [BLEEP] dense.  Before today Likely had over triple the yards and double the TDs that Oliver had.  Even with with Oliver's career game Likely has more yards than Oliver lol. Not a good look

(11-27-2022, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: You can't be this [BLEEP] dense.. You aren't playing behind somebody that you average more snaps than. Boyle is listed #2 on the depth chart and has a total of 44 Offensive snaps. You gonna sit here and tell me he's playing above them as well just because some old depth chart says he is?
You can't be this [BLEEP] dense.  Before today Likely had over triple the yards and double the TDs that Oliver had.  Even with with Oliver's career game Likely has more yards than Oliver lol. Not a good look

You're so lost lil bro

First, let's put the "Baalke traded Oliver to sign Tebow" stuff to a rest.  It just doesn't follow the timeline.  Tim Tebow hadn't even had his first tryout at the time of the Oliver trade.  Oliver was traded one day after the team re-signed James O'Shaugnessy.  The team's next acquisition at tight end was to sign Chris Manhertz the following day.  After that, the team made no moves at tight end until over a month later when they drafted Luke Farrell in the 5th round.  All of that incurred before the signing of Tebow to the 90 man roster which didn't happen until over 2 months after the Oliver trade was a done deal.       

That being said, I was a huge critic of trading Oliver for such a low price and in hindsight, I was clearly right.  We traded away a third rounder for a seventh rounder just because he had bad luck with a couple of injuries.  He was healthy at the time of the trade, but instead of giving him an opportunity to show what he could do, the clown Baalke decided to trade him for cotton candy.  Yes, it's a depth player at tight end so it's not the mistake of the century, but it was still stupid not to give an early draft pick the opportunity to develop.  The Ravens clearly won that trade.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 11:25 AM by Mikey.)

(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 07:51 PM)rufftime Wrote: Not sure if we have been too hard on him, he has been vindicated on a few things.

I will say that Oliver trade still looks absolutely idiotic.

Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros.  Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

And they had both rookie TE (Likely and Kolar) out, this would have been a much different outcome if that was Likely running those routes.

Credit to Josh for stepping up. We weren't in a position to wait 5 seasons for the light bulb to come on.

(11-27-2022, 09:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes behind the rookie as well, he was just out today.  A round the player was picked in really means nothing to me.  He was hurt pretty much the whole time he was here and hasnt done anything the last couple of year with the Ravens.  Having a career day today doesnt mean anything really.  I cant count the number of former Jags and outcasts that had career games against us.  Gabbert had a career day against us so i guess that was a horrible trade as well. Its been too many former Jags

Naw Oliver is ahead of Likely in snap count.

The point is they made an incredibly weak TE room even weaker by giving away Oliver for peanuts, so they could sign a 35 year old bum, only to cut him after 2 weeks of training camp.

Oliver may be ahead, but they made a point to note that like Marcedes, he's transitioned into more blocking than catching.

(11-27-2022, 10:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: First, let's put the "Baalke traded Oliver to sign Tebow" stuff to a rest.  It just doesn't follow the timeline.  Tim Tebow hadn't even had his first tryout at the time of the Oliver trade.  Oliver was traded one day after the team re-signed James O'Shaugnessy.  The team's next acquisition at tight end was to sign Chris Manhertz the following day.  After that, the team made no moves at tight end until over a month later when they drafted Luke Farrell in the 5th round.  All of that incurred before the signing of Tebow to the 90 man roster which didn't happen until over 2 months after the Oliver trade was a done deal.       

That being said, I was a huge critic of trading Oliver for such a low price and in hindsight, I was clearly right.  We traded away a third rounder for a seventh rounder just because he had bad luck with a couple of injuries.  He was healthy at the time of the trade, but instead of giving him an opportunity to show what he could do, the clown Baalke decided to trade him for cotton candy.  Yes, it's a depth player at tight end so it's not the mistake of the century, but it was still stupid not to give an early draft pick the opportunity to develop.  The Ravens clearly won that trade.

The timing was just dumb to me.  We had nothing in the TE room and Oliver was already under contract.  It just didn’t make sense to not at least give him TC and pre-season to see what they had.

(11-28-2022, 11:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:47 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: First, let's put the "Baalke traded Oliver to sign Tebow" stuff to a rest.  It just doesn't follow the timeline.  Tim Tebow hadn't even had his first tryout at the time of the Oliver trade.  Oliver was traded one day after the team re-signed James O'Shaugnessy.  The team's next acquisition at tight end was to sign Chris Manhertz the following day.  After that, the team made no moves at tight end until over a month later when they drafted Luke Farrell in the 5th round.  All of that incurred before the signing of Tebow to the 90 man roster which didn't happen until over 2 months after the Oliver trade was a done deal.       

The timing was just dumb to me.  We had nothing in the TE room and Oliver was already under contract.  It just didn’t make sense to not at least give him TC and pre-season to see what they had.

Yep, we moved a guy who could've been good in this offense to accommodate a bum.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'll defer to Doug Pederson.  If, at anytime, he starts throwing shade on Baalke that's when I'll start bringing my nerf pitchfork to The Bank and start calling Baalke a clown again.  But let's face it, this team has talent all over the place.  Our coach is a Super Bowl champion.  He beat Bill Belicheat in the Super Bowl.  A coach like Pederson develops talent.  It's obvious that he does that.  If Baalke can bring in good enough talent that Pederson can develop, we will have a 15 year year of playoff games.  Gotta give both dudes another year at this point.

With that said - 

Pederson is the key.  Baalke's hellish history doesn't really matter to me.  But the minute there are leaked stories that try to throw Pederson under the bus???  That's the time we start calling for Baalke's hanging because he's trying to blow up the team to save his own neck.

He needs to go

He has to go. Two years all in on defense and they have at least cost you two, three wins this year late.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-27-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 08:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oliver had 9 catches for 66 yards last year.   Before today he had like 60 yards on the season.  If we are basing players on how they look against us we have made a bunch of scrubs look like All Pros.  Every ex Jag we play against destroys us, today was nothing new

Oliver is behind Andrews on the depth chart - you expect big numbers? 

The post was about how stupid the trade was and the trade was stupid 

They cleared out a 3rd round pick who hadn't really seen the field yet (and now looks like he's pretty good) in order to make room for Tim Tebow

So dumb

Urban Meyer Special but Baalke definitely deserves a heaping helping of blame on that one.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

LOTS of Trent Baalke acquisitions playing well lately.

If Travon Walker comes on strong next year, I think fans will be changing their tune on Baalke yet again.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/this...ayoff-push

I don’t see any reason at this point that Baalke should be let go. Let’s keep this train rolling.

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 10:05 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-27-2022, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOTS of Trent Baalke acquisitions playing well lately.

If Travon Walker comes on strong next year, I think fans will be changing their tune on Baalke yet again.

Well done NYC on reviving this thread.

It's curious that there are so many people on this board that were adamant on defending Lawrence regardless of how many losses he contributed to earlier in the season, and yet, they didn't afford Baalke the same 'lets wait and see' consideration. You know who you are.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 10:04 PM by OG-JAGFAN. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2022, 10:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exactly,  yall get it!!

It’s sad that some people are so delusional they actually believe this.  

Also sad that some people can’t admit they’re wrong.

If that is the case, teams would be beating down the door to sign Tebow. Good tight ends are hard to find.(thats what he said)

He sucks while not being athletic enough to be a good tight end. /career over. Baalke is locked if this team makes the playoffs.

(12-27-2022, 10:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 07:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOTS of Trent Baalke acquisitions playing well lately.

Well done NYC on reviving this thread.

It's curious that there are so many people on this board that were adamant on defending Lawrence regardless of how many losses he contributed to earlier in the season, and yet, they didn't afford Baalke the same 'lets wait and see' consideration.  You know who you are.

What all 3 of them?

Defense has cost us more games this year than Trevor and Baalke has spent a record amount of capital on a Defense that has been towards the bottom of the league for most of the season.

Also, Baalke had 5 years as a GM before he came here. Some of us weren't just basing it off of one year like some of you were doing with Trevor. Dude already had a track record/sample size.

Luckily for Baalke, some of his picks are starting to pan out, but his job was saved because of Doug Pederson and Trevor Lawrence.