Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Have we been too harsh on Baalke?

Urban Meyer is the worst hire in sport’s history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2023, 04:55 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/01...nfl-draft/

Really gives weight to this TEAM being good versus any one player, QB excluded of course. This TEAM is special.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: I still think he blew the Walker pick. He reached and the Lions got the better player, unforced error. Dude has 3.5 sacks and 24 solo tackles, he’s not good…

I'm not a particular fan of Baalke but he did make the right pick. Walker is a better player than Hutch. Hutch is a bit more polished at the moment but by next season (and hopefully a move to DE), Walker will leave Hutch in the dust.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Let's face it, Baalke will never be able to shake his SF 'rep' for some on this board. Even if we somehow go all the way this year, there will be those will complain how his #1 pic hasn't made the Pro Bowl in his 1st year, or that Lloyd has become a bust after trading up, or he's cap stressed this team to the point that there's no possible way we can have a chance to repeat, and blah blah blah. Some people just can't enjoy the present I guess. Just close the thread already cause its all too predictable.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-18-2023, 07:26 PM)TownCenterJag Wrote: Urban Meyer is the worst hire in sport’s history.

Gene Smith !!!

Gene Smith was a mastermind compared to Urbs..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-20-2023, 05:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Let's face it, Baalke will never be able to shake his SF 'rep' for some on this board. Even if we somehow go all the way this year, there will be those will complain how his #1 pic hasn't made the Pro Bowl in his 1st year, or that Lloyd has become a bust after trading up, or he's cap stressed this team to the point that there's no possible way we can have a chance to repeat, and blah blah blah. Some people just can't enjoy the present I guess. Just close the thread already cause its all too predictable.

A lot of truth in this - I think. We won 4 games over the previous 2 seasons. None of them meaningful. If anything the losses did more to get us to where we are now. Now we are 10-8, AFC South Champs, and showcasing our elite franchise QB tomorrow in front of the entire country as we attempt to advance to the AFC Championship.

A lot of people had to do a lot of things right to get us here. Baalke included.

Gene Smith was the worst thing to happen to this franchise.

Peter King on giving Baalke Props (about 9 mins in video)

https://youtu.be/YrYxtwvAEas

Gene Smith at least gave us 4 years..

Urbs couldn't give us a season.

(01-20-2023, 08:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gene Smith at least gave us 4 years..

4 years of misery. Gene hit on what 3 draft picks in 4 years? Although the combo of Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley may give Gene a run for his money. Those levels of stank are hard to achieve.

(01-20-2023, 08:48 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 08:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gene Smith at least gave us 4 years..

4 years of misery. Gene hit on what 3 draft picks in 4 years? Although the combo of Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley may give Gene a run for his money. Those levels of stank are hard to achieve.

Yeah it was misery, but at least the guy tried.. Urbs couldn't even travel full time with the team or keep his hands to himself, or feet to that matter.

Yeah but think of the circumstances that led us to now, and how all this joy would not have occurred had UM not been hired in ‘21.

A crappy hire that endured for only 1 embarrassing season resulted in one of the best seasons in Jags history

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 11:10 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we have been too hard on him, why should we stop? Look at what it does. Color me a HAYTUH till he's a champ.

Just win, baby

(01-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: I still think he blew the Walker pick. He reached and the Lions got the better player, unforced error. Dude has 3.5 sacks and 24 solo tackles, he’s not good…

Well you're half right, until you said Hutchinson. We shoulda taken Sauce Gardner.

(01-25-2023, 05:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: An open letter mea culpa to Trent Baalke from News4Jags (News4Jax).

I thought the clown face thing was directed more at Shad for hiring Urbs than at Baalke specifically. I don't think there were really that many there anyway.

The proof's in the pudding though and you've got to credit Baalke for what he's helped accomplish this year. Hopefully it will continue.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-25-2023, 07:12 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 05:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: An open letter mea culpa to Trent Baalke from News4Jags (News4Jax).

I thought the clown face thing was directed more at Shad for hiring Urbs than at Baalke specifically. I don't think there were really that many there anyway.

The proof's in the pudding though and you've got to credit Baalke for what he's helped accomplish this year. Hopefully it will continue.

It was in direct response to the announcement that Baalke wasn't being fired after the 2021 season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-...on-finale/

(01-25-2023, 07:12 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Yeah, it was definitely aimed at Shad, and from what I recall it was because he wouldn't fire Baalke. People wanted a clean sweep.

The most true statement>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Winning solves EVERYTHING!

(01-20-2023, 05:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Let's face it, Baalke will never be able to shake his SF 'rep' for some on this board.  Even if we somehow go all the way this year, there will be those will complain how his #1 pic hasn't made the Pro Bowl in his 1st year, or that Lloyd has become a bust after trading up, or he's cap stressed this team to the point that there's no possible way we can have a chance to repeat, and blah blah blah.  Some people just can't enjoy the present I guess. Just close the thread already cause its all too predictable.

I Concur BUT unfortunately someone will start another one.

NH3...
"AZANE"