Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alcohol-Related Deaths in Adults Under 65 Surpassed COVID-Related Deaths

I think you can blame the lock downs, the business closures and the other restrictions mandated for an increase in drinking among Adults.....

Shock Numbers: Alcohol-Related Deaths in 2020 Among Adults Under 65 Surpassed COVID-Related Deaths

COVID-19 related deaths among adults younger than 65 were outnumbered by alcohol-related deaths in 2020, according to a report.

Alcohol-related deaths in the United States increased by 25% from 2019 to 2020, as The New York Times reported, citing a study done by researchers with the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

https://ijr.com/shock-numbers-alcohol-re...manualpost
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Keep this bull [BLEEP] out of this forum. Keep it in the swill in the political forum.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2022, 09:09 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I think you can blame the lock downs, the business closures and the other restrictions mandated for an increase in drinking among Adults.....

Shock Numbers: Alcohol-Related Deaths in 2020 Among Adults Under 65 Surpassed COVID-Related Deaths

COVID-19 related deaths among adults younger than 65 were outnumbered by alcohol-related deaths in 2020, according to a report.

Alcohol-related deaths in the United States increased by 25% from 2019 to 2020, as The New York Times reported, citing a study done by researchers with the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

https://ijr.com/shock-numbers-alcohol-re...manualpost

WFH probably adds as well, not a lot of people can day drink at the cube farm.

I didn't realize men who worked in advertising and other such jobs back in the 50s drank pretty much all day while at work. At least the more established ones did. The show Mad Men was a drama series set in a NYC based advertising agency starting in the 50s and ending in the 70s I think.

It was interesting to see an idea of how life was back then but I kept thinking their livers weren't going to survive all that liquor. Lol.

(03-23-2022, 02:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't realize men who worked in advertising and other such jobs back in the 50s drank pretty much all day while at work. At least the more established ones did. The show Mad Men was a drama series set in a NYC based advertising agency starting in the 50s and ending in the 70s I think.

It was interesting to see an idea of how life was back then but I kept thinking their livers weren't going to survive all that liquor. Lol.

the joke forever has been that sales/marketing do nothing but drink...I guess it helps to loosen the clients' wallets if ya get em a little tipsy in advance of the pitch.

(03-24-2022, 08:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 02:56 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I didn't realize men who worked in advertising and other such jobs back in the 50s drank pretty much all day while at work. At least the more established ones did. The show Mad Men was a drama series set in a NYC based advertising agency starting in the 50s and ending in the 70s I think.

the joke forever has been that sales/marketing do nothing but drink...I guess it helps to loosen the clients' wallets if ya get em a little tipsy in advance of the pitch.

I guess so! I just kept thinking the amount of liquor consumed and tobacco smoked combined with lack of exercise had to cause some serious health problems.

I think it was time magazine that actually hosted a roundtable of actual 1960s mad men while that show was being produced and asked them all how accurate it was.
They all said it was very accurate except for most of them had banal sex lives and didn't cheat.  But all the daydrinking and backbiting, that stuff was all true.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-24-2022, 11:19 AM)mikesez Wrote:

I think it was time magazine that actually hosted a roundtable of actual 1960s mad men while that show was being produced and asked them all how accurate it was.
They all said it was very accurate except for most of them had banal sex lives and didn't cheat.  But all the daydrinking and backbiting, that stuff was all true.

Some chicks love banal.

the show never explains that there all dead by 65.
s
;

;

(03-24-2022, 11:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 11:19 AM)mikesez Wrote: I think it was time magazine that actually hosted a roundtable of actual 1960s mad men while that show was being produced and asked them all how accurate it was.

Some chicks love banal.

They all talk good game about not being that kind of girl, but, in the end they all like it.

(03-27-2022, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 11:33 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Some chicks love banal.

They all talk good game about not being that kind of girl, but, in the end they all like it.

Some do like it.  Some request it.  I wouldn’t go as far as that they all like it.  And quite frankly, as a man, I’ll do it but that’s not exactly my thing.  Sure, it gets the job done.  She may or may not like it.  But it’s almost like science and other things we not speak of prevail.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 08:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-28-2022, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 08:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: They all talk good game about not being that kind of girl, but, in the end they all like it.

Some do like it.  Some request it.  I wouldn’t go as far as that they all like it.  And quite frankly, as a man, I’ll do it but that’s not exactly my thing.  Sure, it gets the job done.  She may or may not like it.  But it’s almost like science and other things we not speak of prevail.

True, I should have said most girls. Not all. Some girls don't want to be bored.  But for others, there's nothing like a good, banal, boring from a man who can bore like a true professional.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 11:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-28-2022, 08:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 06:40 PM)Jags Wrote: Some do like it.  Some request it.  I wouldn’t go as far as that they all like it.  And quite frankly, as a man, I’ll do it but that’s not exactly my thing.  Sure, it gets the job done.  She may or may not like it.  But it’s almost like science and other things we not speak of prevail.

True, I should have said most girls. Not all. Some girls don't want to be bored.  But for others, there's nothing like a good, banal, boring from a man who can bore like a true professional.

I have to say, I am laughing out loud at this exchange.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-22-2022, 09:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Keep this bull [BLEEP] out of this forum.  Keep it in the swill in the political forum.

C'mon .... if you're going to drain the swamp sewer, the [BLEEP] has to run somewhere.

(03-28-2022, 09:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 08:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: True, I should have said most girls.  Not all.  Some girls don't want to be bored.  But for others, there's nothing like a good, banal, boring from a man who can bore like a true professional.

I have to say, I am laughing out loud at this exchange.

What concerns me is the fact that he refers to it as “ boring”. I don’t think he means it as something that occupies his time, more so creating a hole where one doesn’t exist. To each their own.  More power to him.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 11:49 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-29-2022, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 09:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I have to say, I am laughing out loud at this exchange.

What concerns me is the fact that he refers to it as “ boring”. I don’t think he means it as something that occupies his time, more so creating a hole where one doesn’t exist. To each their own.  More power to him.

I took it as entering an already existing hole. To paraphrase Soul Asylum, "Wrong way down a one-way hole". But that's just me.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-29-2022, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 09:49 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I have to say, I am laughing out loud at this exchange.

It could refer to the enlarging of an existing, but tight, passageway.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 01:31 PM by Jags.)

(03-31-2022, 12:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 06:59 PM)Jags Wrote: What concerns me is the fact that he refers to it as “ boring”. I don’t think he means it as something that occupies his time, more so creating a hole where one doesn’t exist. To each their own.  More power to him.

It could refer to the enlarging of an existing, but tight, passageway.

That’s mainly how I meant it but I obviously didn’t convey with any clarity. 

I suppose my post comes off as a woman potentially saying “No Mikesez, That’s my belly button!”

(03-31-2022, 01:31 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 12:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It could refer to the enlarging of an existing, but tight, passageway.

That’s mainly how I meant it but I obviously didn’t convey with any clarity. 

I suppose my post comes off as a woman potentially saying “No Mikesez, That’s my belly button!”

She said she was going to delete that video...

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 07:31 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-31-2022, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 01:31 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s mainly how I meant it but I obviously didn’t convey with any clarity. 

She said she was going to delete that video...

Pro Tip:   Don’t ever listen to your lady.  I mean, they can’t even drive a car…or vote.  SMH.