Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cheetah trade brewing

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3357...yreek-hill

I think it's a wise move by the Kool-Aid man. Andy Reid will find some more weapons in the draft and not break the bank for a child abuser.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To the Fins

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...MIiU9bb7iQ

I would have done this

This could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the Chiefs

4 year 120 mil

(03-23-2022, 12:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the Chiefs
Still can't bet against Reid/Mahomes but a lot of AFC teams are loaded right now.

Side note. This is the type of move I wanted the Jags to make all off season. I love the Kirk signing but they should have also traded for a proven #1 receiver. Fins have done really well in the off season.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 01:02 PM by TheDogCatcher.)

(03-23-2022, 12:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: To the Fins

I would have done this

Wow, the Dolphins got hosed. Now the chances of the Jags getting a top 6 wideout at #33 went to zero. No alpha receivers after that. The Packers and Chiefs are gonna clean up the potential #1 wide receiver run. Time for Baalke to shift to the consolation prize of nabbing the draft's best TE. I'm not worried as Trevor has enough weapons this year. Use this draft to build the trenches, Trent! 

(03-23-2022, 12:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 12:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This could be the beginning of a downward spiral for the Chiefs
Still can't bet against Reid/Mahomes but a lot of AFC teams are loaded right now.

Side note. This is the type of move I wanted the Jags to make all off season. I love the Kirk signing but they should have also traded for a proven #1 receiver. Fins have done really well in the off season.

Dolphins are gonna be dangerous on offense. This is how you make Tua look good -- two cheetahs on offense who can catch and run. Tua can continue his dink and dunk game and receive overrated credit for their awesome RACs.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-23-2022, 12:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I would have done this

Wow, the Dolphins got hosed. Now the chances of the Jags getting a top 6 wideout at #33 went to zero. No alpha receivers after that. The Packers and Chiefs are gonna clean up the potential #1 wide receiver run. Time for Baalke to shift to the consolation prize of nabbing the draft's best TE. I'm not worried as Trevor has enough weapons this year. Use this draft to build the trenches, Trent! 
He most certainly does not.

I like some of the moves but they aren't even close to having enough weapons for Trevor. In terms of overall offensive talent, Jags are likely still bottom 5 in the AFC when you factor in the unknowns of ETN and JRob due to injury. I think the Texans and Pats are the only teams with worse skill players than the Jags.

(03-23-2022, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 12:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Wow, the Dolphins got hosed. Now the chances of the Jags getting a top 6 wideout at #33 went to zero. No alpha receivers after that. The Packers and Chiefs are gonna clean up the potential #1 wide receiver run. Time for Baalke to shift to the consolation prize of nabbing the draft's best TE. I'm not worried as Trevor has enough weapons this year. Use this draft to build the trenches, Trent! 
He most certainly does not.

I like some of the moves but they aren't even close to having enough weapons for Trevor. In terms of overall offensive talent, Jags are likely still bottom 5 in the AFC when you factor in the unknowns of ETN and JRob due to injury. I think the Texans and Pats are the only teams with worse skill players than the Jags.

You're right -- not enough weapons to be a serious playoff contender. But that's not happening this year, Cheetah or no Cheetah. Can't get everything in one offseason. The Jaguars didn't have a lower first round pick to dangle to get him anyway. Bolster everything else this draft so the team can be in "one player away" mode next offseason.

They still have the best TE in the league

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 01:17 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

I would have done this

For the Jaguars?

I wouldn't.

Giving up the 29 isn't the same as giving up the #1 overall.

That said, he certainly would upgrade the WR corps.

Possibly.  A guy like Hill isn't easy to find or replace.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I am dismayed on some level to know we could have gotten either Amari Cooper or Tyreek Hill.

The AFC arms race has spread to the AFC East.

The Dolphins now have given Tua all the support he could possibly need.

They have either retained or added:

TE Mike Gesicki
WR Jaylen Waddle
WR Tyreek Hill
LT Terron Armstead

THAT is an impressive offseason.

people try to tell me no big name players want to come to jacksonville cause of the loseing. The guppies lost to the jags,yet they are getting Tyrik hill. Jags refuse to go after the big name players.

Bullseye can you explian why a big name player would want to go play for the guppuies who lose just as much as the jags do.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-23-2022, 12:59 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

I would have done this

(Emphasis supplied by author)

I'm not sure it's any different now than it would have been had the trades (Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill) not happened.

Having lost Henry Ruggs, the Raiders could have used a WR, and Miami could have used a WR opposite Waddle.

In fact, you could have argued it's a little easier now that the tacks traded for Robert Woods.

I'm not giving the #1 overall for Tyreek Hill. We aren't a top WR away from winning.

Everyone needs to relax. We have a LOT of holes to fill.

(03-23-2022, 01:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: people try to tell me no big name players want to come to jacksonville cause of the loseing. The guppies lost to the jags,yet they are getting Tyrik hill. Jags refuse to go after the big name players.

Bullseye can you explian why a big name player would want to go play for the guppuies who lose just as much as the jags do.

The Dolphins have not lost just as much as the Jaguars over the last decade or the last two years to be sure.  In the last two years, the Dolphins have won NINETEEN (19) games, although neither season resulted in the playoffs.  We could go back the last four seasons and the Jaguars (15 wins) still wouldn't have as many wins as Miami did in the last two.

That said, different players have different motivations in choosing a team.

Some players are money driven.  If Miami offered more cash than another team, it makes sense a money driven player would choose Miami.

Some players want a more exciting nightlife in a more glamorous locale than Jacksonville.  If I were a young, rich and famous athlete who liked to party, Miami would be alluring.  Recall a few years back when the Jaguars pursued DE Olivier Vernon in free agency.  He chose to go to the Giants, and he specifically cited he wanted to live in a bigger city as a reason for his choice.

Some players might choose Miami because their scheme may be a better fit for them than another team's.

Some players will go where they are wanted.  Jacksonville may not have expressed interest.

I haven't looked into the backgrounds of the players involved, but some players might be from the Miami area and want to play at home.  If you recall, we signed a free agent this year in CB Darious Williams, who is from Jacksonville.  He chose to sign with the Jaguars in part because he is from here.

Understanding those reasons, I would urge you to consider that adding big names should not be the sole motivation in signing a free agent.  Washington used to add big names every offseason, bringing aboard guys like Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders.   As big names are concerned, it they don't get much bigger than those two guys.  However, both guys were finished by the time they got to Washington and they became examples as to the folly of name chasing.  The likelihood pf playing at a high level, fit under the cap, scheme fit, locker room fit, etc, should all be considerations for a team signing a player in free agency.

Also understand this was a trade of a player.  Hill may not have wanted to leave Kansas City, and he may not have been itching to go to Miami, but he may not have had a no trade clause in his contract.  He may not have been expecting this trade.

(03-23-2022, 12:40 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3357...yreek-hill

I think it's a wise move by the Kool-Aid man. Andy Reid will find some more weapons in the draft and not break the bank for a child abuser.

Agreed. Hill is a scumbag.

I really cant wait for the draft. Too bad its not in early april instead of having to wait for later april

Nice haul of picks by the Chiefs. Now the Dolphins have to pay Hill ridiculous money on top of that. I certainly wouldn't want to mortgage the future the way the fins did for someone with that much domestic baggage.

The beginning of the spiral was Mahomes' deal.

(03-23-2022, 01:24 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: people try to tell me no big name players want to come to jacksonville cause of the loseing. The guppies lost to the jags,yet they are getting Tyrik hill. Jags refuse to go after the big name players.

$ure I can, there'$ a lot more to why a player want$ to play $omewhere be$ide$ win$ and lo$$e$. What could it po$$ibly be?

We weren't in a position to throw picks or cash at the guy, and there's no telling we'd want a guy with his off-field history.
If he ends up mediocre, will you dump this chasing of madden heroes?
Tua != Mahomes and it ain't close, but at least at this stage if Tua stinks, he's got no excuses to justify his failure.