Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Potential steals at 33

(04-21-2022, 01:53 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Wots everyone think of Daniel Faalele

He's overweight, slow footed, has poor balance and shows sloppy technique.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 03:52 AM by StrayaJag. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2022, 03:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Lol what a scathing review

I guess ill just support him still as a fellow aussie  
Banana  basicallg only reason colleges picked him up apparently was becauze of his size.... read recently that he knew jack [BLEEP] about nfl

(04-21-2022, 03:51 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's overweight, slow footed, has poor balance and shows sloppy technique.

Banana  basicallg only reason colleges picked him up apparently was becauze of his size.... read recently that he knew jack [BLEEP] about nfl

I see him as the epitome of a boom or bust pick - if he hits, you look the genius. if he misses, you probably threw away a day 2 pick swinging for the fences.

He's a project, for sure. He needs to go somewhere that does well teaching and conditioning their linemen, or somewhere that the coach is crafty enough to scheme around any shortcomings while he learns the position. If he's not immediately thrust into a starting role, he may be better off in the long run.

(04-21-2022, 03:51 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's overweight, slow footed, has poor balance and shows sloppy technique.

The predraft process has been very, very poor for him.

Metchie and Watson are my top 2 guys right now at 33

https://www.nfl.com/videos/could-christi...-the-draft

(04-21-2022, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:51 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Lol what a scathing review

I see him as the epitome of a boom or bust pick - if he hits, you look the genius. if he misses, you probably threw away a day 2 pick swinging for the fences.

He's a project, for sure. He needs to go somewhere that does well teaching and conditioning their linemen, or somewhere that the coach is crafty enough to scheme around any shortcomings while he learns the position. If he's not immediately thrust into a starting role, he may be better off in the long run.

Agree 100%

(04-21-2022, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Metchie and Watson are my top 2 guys right now at 33

https://www.nfl.com/videos/could-christi...-the-draft

Metchie is one of my draft crushes this year, a guy who will likely be a standout rookie this season and i'll tell people "See told u" and be called a liar. xD

Everybody likes Metchie right up until the point that he has to catch the ball. Even when he doesn't drop it (which is a lot), it always looks very awkward and unnatural. I don't hate him but I find it really hard to like him overall also.

I love Skyy so even though I think he is a bad fit with what we currently have on our team I would still be stoked to get him.

https://twitter.com/PatKerrane/status/15...7542348801

(04-27-2022, 09:58 AM)Upper Wrote: I love Skyy so even though I think he is a bad fit with what we currently have on our team I would still be stoked to get him.

I like him too, but how many slot receivers do we need? Kirk certainly can't play outside.

(04-27-2022, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 09:58 AM)Upper Wrote: I love Skyy so even though I think he is a bad fit with what we currently have on our team I would still be stoked to get him.

I like him too, but how many slot receivers do we need? Kirk certainly can't play outside.

Skyy was awesome vs man too (granted bad competition man), so I think he can play Z. Still need an X, but I would still dig it.

Moore would ideally be a slot receiver, however he is capable of playing on the outside. He was used both ways in college. His combination of great route running, quickness to beat the jam, huge hands and leaping ability are very appealing. I'd have no problem if the Jaguars take him at the top of round 2, although Linderbaum would be my top choice if he drops.

(04-21-2022, 03:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

My wife just said that about me last night.

Watson at 33 all day long.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2022, 03:08 PM by rpr52121.)

(04-27-2022, 02:50 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Watson at 33 all day long.

Isn't that too high for Watson?

I figure he was more mid/late 2nd round pick that the Jags would trade up for.

(04-27-2022, 10:44 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Moore would ideally be a slot receiver, however he is capable of playing on the outside. He was used both ways in college. His combination of great route running, quickness to beat the jam, huge hands and leaping ability are very appealing. I'd have no problem if the Jaguars take him at the top of round 2, although Linderbaum would be my top choice if he drops.

I think I'm the exception the Linderbaum love. Everything I've heard is that he is very scheme specific.

I know Pedersen won with Kelce who is Linderbaum's ceiling, but taking a scheme specific center who cannot really help out at Guard in a pinch in a long season is a luxury at #33 that the Jags cannot afford.

(04-27-2022, 03:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Isn't that too high for Watson?

(04-27-2022, 10:44 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Moore would ideally be a slot receiver, however he is capable of playing on the outside. He was used both ways in college. His combination of great route running, quickness to beat the jam, huge hands and leaping ability are very appealing. I'd have no problem if the Jaguars take him at the top of round 2, although Linderbaum would be my top choice if he drops.

I think I'm the exception the Linderbaum love. Everything I've heard is that he is very scheme specific.

I know Pedersen won with Kelce who is Linderbaum's ceiling, but taking a scheme specific center who cannot really help out at Guard in a pinch in a long season is a luxury at #33 that the Jags cannot afford.

1. Watson's hype has cooled off pretty dramatically since the combine, fortunately. Huge drop rate, very small route tree, advanced age, bad competition...tons of red flags. Still wouldn't be a shock if some team ignored all that and rolled the dice on him earlier than currently expected though.

2. Linderbaum is going to be very scheme specific, more than half the teams in the league won't be interested in him simply because of his size and very short arms. That said, our scheme is one that Linderbaum was made for. If he's there at 33 I think they will be very interested (even if i predicted that he would be there and we'd pass in my call your shot thread).

(04-27-2022, 02:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

LOL

(04-27-2022, 02:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Haha 

I think I gain 50 pounds when I'm safe and sound in a relationship. Then when I'm single I turn into rocky 2

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 06:56 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-27-2022, 04:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 03:06 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Isn't that too high for Watson?

1. Watson's hype has cooled off pretty dramatically since the combine, fortunately. Huge drop rate, very small route tree, advanced age, bad competition...tons of red flags. Still wouldn't be a shock if some team ignored all that and rolled the dice on him earlier than currently expected though.

2. Linderbaum is going to be very scheme specific, more than half the teams in the league won't be interested in him simply because of his size and very short arms. That said, our scheme is one that Linderbaum was made for. If he's there at 33 I think they will be very interested (even if i predicted that he would be there and we'd pass in my call your shot thread).

Since the combine is actually where his stock has picked up not fell.

I like it.  Watson, Metchie, or if Linderbaum falls

(04-28-2022, 06:55 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since the combine is actually where his stock has picked up not fell.

I meant it exploded at the combine and has been steadily dropping since. People went back and actually watched him in the weeks following and said oh he can't catch, and the guys he is playing against would get beaten by some of the better high school teams, and he only runs three routes, and jeez he's already 23 and he's playing vs a lot of teenagers? Yikes.