Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Insightful Article on Evan Engram

Quote:Tight end Evan Engram midway through the second quarter moved past Kyle Brady (2000) for most receptions by a tight end in a season in franchise history. Engram at that point had 65 receptions for 687 yards and four touchdowns.
 - Oehser, Jags.com ^

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching Engram last night he looked, to me, a lot like Terrell Owens. I don't know if the Jaguars will be able to afford bringing him back, but I would definitely try. He's caught his stride, and he's filling a role this team needs.

He bet on himself with the 1 year deal and he’s going to want and deserves to get his bag this off-season. Hopefully we can figure out how to be the ones to give it to him.

Go to 17:30 to hear Tony Boselli talking about Even Engram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue02eik0CJw

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2022, 07:06 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Engram needs just 7 yards to become the Jaguars single season leader in receiving yards by a TE. A record that has stood since 2000.

(12-27-2022, 07:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Engram needs just 7 yards to become the Jaguars single season leader in receiving yards by a TE. A record that has stood since 2000.

Kyle Brady correct?
#Jags4Life

Tar Heel Jags Fan

He creates mismatches with his speed.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(12-27-2022, 07:17 PM)Butters Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 07:05 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Engram needs just 7 yards to become the Jaguars single season leader in receiving yards by a TE. A record that has stood since 2000.

Kyle Brady correct?

Correct. 

Engram also became just the 2nd TE in team history, in 27 years, to have multi-100 yard games in a single season. Kyle Brady was the other one.

I like his edge, his fight. He plays like a bully. I think a young, rising offense needs a guy like that.

I'm starting to think Engram is going to play one year on the tag and then bounce
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(06-22-2023, 08:30 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm starting to think Engram is going to play one year on the tag and then bounce

We won’t be picking anywhere near his range but man I would love to pair Brock Bowers with Trevor Lawrence for the next decade.

His build and game is so similar to Engram’s that it would be the perfect replacement.

(12-23-2022, 02:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Watching Engram last night he looked, to me, a lot like Terrell Owens. I don't know if the Jaguars will be able to afford bringing him back, but I would definitely try. He's caught his stride, and he's filling a role this team needs.

Probably the best pass catching TE that we've had in the history of the Jags.

His value will never be higher than what it is now. I’m glad to see him out there with the team.

If I was Trevor I would slide him an extra 5 million in cash regardless of the tag/contract. Knowing Trevor will be paiddddd in the near future.

Engram is the best available TE for the Jaguars right now and Trevor needs him.

Still keeping an eye on my boy Swagnew too.

(06-22-2023, 01:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...78549?s=20
Stupid to be doing this without a signed contract. Can go from 1 year top money to $0 if he gets hurt. Hopefully he has insurance against that and the big payday coming next year of he doesn't sign a longer term deal.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-22-2023, 08:30 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm starting to think Engram is going to play one year on the tag and then bounce

I'd love for Engram to stay around for another 3 years or so, but honestly I'd much rather see the team extend Josh Allen now over Engram. I think we'll be kicking ourselves in the off season for not re-signing Allen now. I have no doubt he's going to command a much higher contract in the coming off season than he would now.

(06-22-2023, 11:52 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

I'd love for Engram to stay around for another 3 years or so, but honestly I'd much rather see the team extend Josh Allen now over Engram. I think we'll be kicking ourselves in the off season for not re-signing Allen now. I have no doubt he's going to command a much higher contract in the coming off season than he would now.

I think we could do both honestly. Especially is Cam is gone next year. There's always ways to manipulate cap. If I had to choose I'd probably choose Allen since we have Strange (who knows, looks promising) and Ridley, Kirk, Zay and have no pass rush depth really yet.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS