Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Insightful Article on Evan Engram

(12-18-2022, 10:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Would like to have him back. Chemistry and impact plays are there. Only improves in time.

Let's see how the next three games go. If this team makes a play off run he probably comes back even if a slightly better offer is made elsewhere.

Culture changes things.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

He's a lock imo.  He gets tag if no extension is agreed on

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-18-2022, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Would like to have him back. Chemistry and impact plays are there. Only improves in time.

Let's see how the next three games go. If this team makes a play off run he probably comes back even if a slightly better offer is made elsewhere.

Culture changes things.

He's a lock imo.  He gets tag if no extension is agreed on
So per OTC, Franchise tag is TE $12,243,000 and Transition tag is $10,436,000.

That is pretty expensive for the franchise tag with the cap space issue for 23, especially if say Cam is out with an ACL and you have to bring back Taylor. 

I'd be okay with transition tag.

There is also the worry they may need to tag Taylor.

(12-18-2022, 10:15 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's a lock imo.  He gets tag if no extension is agreed on

That is pretty expensive for the franchise tag with the cap space issue for 23, especially if say Cam is out with an ACL and you have to bring back Taylor. 

This is where your GM earns his money. Because you should be able to find a starter at one or two of these positions within three rounds.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I’d find a way to bring back

Engram will set the record for most yards in a season
Zay Jones has earned it
Agnew extremely valuable as an all purpose player
Taylor most improved Jaguar of all time
Wingard plays all special teams and defense

Flip flop the rest.

(12-18-2022, 10:15 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's a lock imo.  He gets tag if no extension is agreed on

(emphasis addded)

I see no way we franchise Both tackles and still have a hgh priced free agent in Scherff along the OL.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-18-2022, 10:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:15 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: So per OTC, Franchise tag is TE $12,243,000 and Transition tag is $10,436,000.

This is where your GM earns his money. Because you should be able to find a starter at one or two of these positions within three rounds.

It is an interesting spot they are in with OL money. 
I wonder if Scherff's giant cap hit the next two years could be spread out by extending his deal by one year?

(12-22-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 10:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This is where your GM earns his money. Because you should be able to find a starter at one or two of these positions within three rounds.

It is an interesting spot they are in with OL money. 
I wonder if Scherff's giant cap hit the next two years could be spread out by extending his deal by one year?

I am leery about doing that.

I want nothing to get in the way of possibly extending Trevor Lawrence without getting him as much help as possible.

(12-22-2022, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 10:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It is an interesting spot they are in with OL money. 

I am leery about doing that.

I want nothing to get in the way of possibly extending Trevor Lawrence without getting him as much help as possible.

If that is the case, you'll need to be drafting plenty of OL, WR, and TE in the next two drafts. 

No other way to have "as much help as possible" and pay him league avg franchise QB money IMO.

Man, I hate our salary cap situation.

Basically it means we have to trust Baalke to bring in the help. We're bound to lose many of our favorite players over the next season, and I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna hurt emotionally. I guess we have to trust the process.... But it's hard to do that based on prior history.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2022, 01:21 PM by Bullseye.)

(12-22-2022, 10:55 AM)carp8dm Wrote: Man, I hate our salary cap situation.

Basically it means we have to trust Baalke to bring in the help.  We're bound to lose many of our favorite players over the next season, and I'm not gonna lie, it's gonna hurt emotionally.  I guess we have to trust the process....  But it's hard to do that based on prior history.

I am with you.

I also hate it because the heavy reliance on free agency to fill holes invariably means we failed in the draft.

(12-22-2022, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 10:39 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I am leery about doing that.

If that is the case, you'll need to be drafting plenty of OL, WR, and TE in the next two drafts. 

No other way to have "as much help as possible" and pay him league avg franchise QB money IMO.
I'm fine with that if we get the picks right.

But th fact we've spent so much free agency dollars usually means out drafting failed to fill the position.

He's good and all but he's no Manhertz.

(12-22-2022, 04:35 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: He's good and all but he's no Manhertz.

Man, that hurts.

Have to resign him. Critical to the offence

pay da man
[Image: giphy.gif]

Becoming more and more important to the offense. Starting to look like he has to be tagged.

Give him the moneyyy

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 06:40 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Here are the current TE contracts for the league:

https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end

Keep in mind, a new contract can be structured to minimize the cap hit in the first year.  But even with that, he's going to be very expensive.  But I think he'd be worth it.

He is looking very comfortable in this offense.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

It's funny when you had be A qb sometimes players take less money to get on the SuperBowl train.

I'd we can go deep in playoffs you just never know

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 09:39 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Engram needs to be resigned. He's come on strong, very strong, over these last three weeks. It opens up more for everybody offensively when you have to take into account his motion at the LOS and YAC ability. He schooled Gardner in particular on one play last night. Was smooth.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."