Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

(10-05-2023, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 05:41 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Certainly hutch has come out the gates blasting

However I done think we should write walker off yet

Do I think qe made the wrong pick? Yes but should walker be labled a bust yet? No

I think this coaching staff has to have a "Come To Jesus Moment" here soon if things don't start improving with him as an OLB. I don't blame him for his lack of pressures. I don't even think it's an effort issue. The guy clearly gets involved, gets his hands dirty, makes his plays and fights through a good amount of double teams.

However, when you're playing in a pass happy era of football, and, you're taking a guy that high his goal should be getting after the QB. If that means putting him inside as a DE/DT, to where, he clearly has more strength abilities than actual finesse abilities? Do it. It will at least shorten his distance to the QB.

It could also potentially enable this defense to do more around him to effect the QB if he's actually capable of collapsing the pocket and disabling QB's abilities to step up into a clean pocket.

Yeah. I’ve been banging the drum for this. Stop making him play away from his strengths. Return him to his natural position as a D lineman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crazy Int yesterday

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3488...terception

Blah blah blah

Who cares about Hutch? Should we also have a Sauce Gardner thread that we need to bring up every time he has a good game? What about a JJ Watt thread?

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 02:33 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-09-2023, 02:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Blah blah blah

Who cares about Hutch? Should we also have a Sauce Gardner thread that we need to bring up every time he has a good game? What about a JJ Watt thread?

Sauce nor Watt was the consensus top pick that we passed on. With that said there were plenty of threads when we reached for a QB and took Gabbert over Watt and Kerrigan

(10-09-2023, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 02:03 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Blah blah blah

Sauce nor Watt was the consensus top pick that we passed on. With that said there were plenty of threads when we reached for a QB and took Gabbert over Watt and Kerrigan
I remember I really liked Ryan Kerrigan that year. Thought he should have been a Jaguar. Didn't even think QB that year. I still liked Garrard at that point.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2023, 07:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 02:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sauce nor Watt was the consensus top pick that we passed on.  With that said there were plenty of threads when we reached for a QB and took Gabbert over Watt and Kerrigan
I remember I really liked Ryan Kerrigan that year. Thought he should have been a Jaguar. Didn't even think QB that year. I still liked Garrard at that point.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

At the time I was hoping Kerrigan then Dalton.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]