Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

I agree Hutchinson is the clear number 1.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 10:51 AM by Mikey.)

(03-09-2022, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone got any good nicknames?

Just thought of one I like: First Aid

...so you expect him to spend a lot of time on IR?

what's wrong with Hutch?

(03-09-2022, 04:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What does that have to do with taking Hutchinson?

Easy..there is not a true #1 pick in this draft. There are a handful of players that appear to be about even to me and they play different positions. IF we stay at #1 the direction we go will depend on where we are at the time of the draft.  I agree if we go edge Hutch would be my choice too.  Which direction we go should be decided much closer to the draft after free agency and cap cuts clear up. I could classify Hutch as the BAP edge guy, not the BAP of the entire field of players.

I think it would work the other way.
The darft is going to shape what you do in FA. Neal (or any other OT for that matter) did not establish themselves as a can't miss OT prospect, so we tagged Cam. If the team goes into FA knowing that they have Hutch in pocket, it's very likely overpaying for an OLB is not in the cards. If the darft is deep at WR, maybe don't break the bank for middling WR targets in FA.

FA is the band aid, not the darft.

(03-10-2022, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote: Just thought of one I like: First Aid

...so you expect him to spend a lot of time on IR?

what's wrong with Hutch?

First Aid because he's hopefully going to be picked first...and his name is Aidan. Also because our team is broken and hopefully he can help fix it. I think it's creative instead of all these boring just take some combination of part of their name laziness.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 11:29 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-10-2022, 10:58 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...so you expect him to spend a lot of time on IR?

what's wrong with Hutch?

First Aid because he's hopefully going to be picked first...and his name is Aidan. Also because our team is broken and hopefully he can help fix it. I think it's creative instead of all these boring just take some combination of part of their name laziness.

Hopefully, he'll make opposing QB's need first aid. I like the name "Cool-Aid."

(03-10-2022, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: I think it would work the other way.
The darft is going to shape what you do in FA. Neal (or any other OT for that matter) did not establish themselves as a can't miss OT prospect, so we tagged Cam. If the team goes into FA knowing that they have Hutch in pocket, it's very likely overpaying for an OLB is not in the cards. If the darft is deep at WR, maybe don't break the bank for middling WR targets in FA.

FA is the band aid, not the darft.

It can work like that in this very specific scenario where we have the first overall pick, but since FA comes before the draft any other time it's pretty hard to put the band aid on before you know where to put it.

(03-10-2022, 11:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:58 AM)Upper Wrote: First Aid because he's hopefully going to be picked first...and his name is Aidan. Also because our team is broken and hopefully he can help fix it. I think it's creative instead of all these boring just take some combination of part of their name laziness.

Hopefully, he'll make opposing QB's need first aid. I like the name "Cool-Aid."

variant Kewl Aid

(03-09-2022, 06:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 04:50 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Easy..there is not a true #1 pick in this draft. There are a handful of players that appear to be about even to me and they play different positions. IF we stay at #1 the direction we go will depend on where we are at the time of the draft.  I agree if we go edge Hutch would be my choice too.  Which direction we go should be decided much closer to the draft after free agency and cap cuts clear up. I could classify Hutch as the BAP edge guy, not the BAP of the entire field of players.

I disagree, Hutch is the true clear cut number 1 imo and hopefully Doug feels the same

Yet to see a play that made me go WOW.

I've seen... meh... I've seen.. okay... I've seen.. cool! I've seen... mmmhmmm

Never seen him absolutely dominate anyone.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 02:38 PM by Mikey.)

(03-10-2022, 10:58 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...so you expect him to spend a lot of time on IR?

what's wrong with Hutch?

good gravy, did I need the sarcasm tags? I didn't need an explanation.

As long as he gets us a ton of sacks, we can call him Shirley for all I care.

(03-10-2022, 12:46 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 06:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I disagree, Hutch is the true clear cut number 1 imo and hopefully Doug feels the same

Yet to see a play that made me go WOW.

I've seen... meh... I've seen.. okay... I've seen.. cool! I've seen... mmmhmmm

Never seen him absolutely dominate anyone.

I like "meh" as a nickname. It exudes confidence that you don't need some flashy witticism to call attention to yourself.

Good suggestion!

(03-09-2022, 12:39 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 12:23 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Anyone got any good nicknames?

Just thought of one I like: First Aid

I 2nd that

Great nickname

The best i could come up with qas just Aides ??

I can't speak to any nickname for Aiden Hutchinson, though thinking about it, I'm inclined to call him "Hutch."

However, I'm warming up to him.

The arms race of QBs in the AFC with recent drafts dating back to 2017

Watson
Mahomes
Mayfield
Allen
Jackson
Burrow
Herbert
Tua
Wilson
Jones

and now he addition of Russell Wilson, is invariably going to lead to a counter arms race where edge rushers become even more of a necessity than they typically are. I think the Chargers' trade for Khalil Mack to play opposite of Bosa is the first salvo in that arms race. In fact, I'm starting to think the edge rusher depth so many are discussing in this draft will evaporate quickly as a result. A guy we may have been counting on to be available at the top of the 2nd or 3rd may not be there.

Hutch and Josh Allen could be a nice pass rushing duo. Considering there aren't many stud Ts in our division, we may be able to get an advantage if Hutch is a dood edge rusher for us as well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Unless a team has a super generous offer to trade out of #1, Hutchinson is the clear pick.

I wonder what that offer would be for the jags to get tempted enough to trade back.

It would depend where they are drafting in the 32, but no less than an extra first rounder to consider it at all.

(03-21-2022, 08:51 AM)Newton Wrote: It would depend where they are drafting in the 32, but no less than an extra first rounder to consider it at all.

Agreed, although I would still trade #1 overall for #9 overall and D.K. Metcalf.

(03-21-2022, 09:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 08:51 AM)Newton Wrote: It would depend where they are drafting in the 32, but no less than an extra first rounder to consider it at all.

Agreed, although I would still trade #1 overall for #9 overall and D.K. Metcalf.

This would be the ideal trade for the Jaguars. They'd be getting a 24 year old monster receiver who would complete the revamping of last year's horrendous group at this position. With the 9th pick, they would still get an excellent Edge/D. Lineman. Jermaine Johnson, Travon Walker and George Karlaftis should all be very good NFL pass rushers and at least one of them will be there for the taking. I'd even throw in pick 70, if necessary. The only downside is Metcalf will need an extension to his contract since one year is remaining. They will need to pay him $20 million/year, but he is well worth it considering today's market.

Imagine a receiver room consisting of Metcalf on the outside, Kirk at the slot and both Jones' as possession receivers for Lawrence to throw to. They could throw Viska into this trade deal instead of the 3rd rounder since he would be the odd man out from this group.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 10:48 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-21-2022, 09:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I think you have to factor in Metcalf's contract and injury situation.  

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah...kie%20deal).

For those who don't want to read the linked article, he's going into the 4th year of his 4-year rookie contract.  People estimate that an extension would be in the $20 million plus per year range.  He also seems to have a lingering foot injury.  Plus, he's exhibited some immaturity on the field.  

On the other hand, he's only 24 years old.

(03-21-2022, 07:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...6764621831

If he is considered to be the top guy in the draft, why would he work out for another team?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

No big deal on the private work out. It’s pretty telling that he was even considering it though.

I came across this on youtube and the guy does make some very good points!

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]