Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

Who do you want at 1 or via trade back. I'm ok with Hutch and a WR at 33. I'm interested to see alternative options, since the consensus pick will get the usually praise as well as detractors. No one ever gets a unanimous grade due to the I saw if first mentality.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 08:31 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

If someone wanted him so bad as to give you a nice swap, so you can pick early twice in the first, that would be nice. Then what if hutch is a beast, and you traded out? That would be a lot of regret. If only we could predict it.

(03-22-2022, 08:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Who do you want at 1 or via trade back.  I'm ok with Hutch and a WR at 33.  I'm interested to see alternative options, since the consensus pick will get the usually praise as well as detractors.  No one ever gets a unanimous grade due to the I saw if first mentality.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I would love to trade back into the top 5 at worst top 10.  IF Thibod or Hutch is still there draft them then.  If not draft the best pass protector available.  This team needs a ton of talent still.  If he can trade back while picking up another premium pick would be ideal.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Cant this jst go in the existing thread on hutch?

Anyways i still am quite staunch on us drafting hutch

I think he will be a fantastic asset and looks to be a great talent

Hutchinson is the best player in this draft besides Ahmad Gardner. The OT's in this class are not good at all. You take the BAP and that is Hutchinson.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 11:42 PM by TheDogCatcher. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. What’s he going to be like when he has money? is not racist code. Knock the chip off your shoulder, guy. When an early 20s kid has any kind of effort or attitude concerns, the question can be rightly asked, and it can be asked about half the kids in any draft. I myself probably would not give the best effort if $20M were guaranteed at age 21.
2. He makes a good point about Hutch playing in space at his size. I’m not sure he dug deep for his comps, though. I hope the Jags put his hand on the ground if they draft him. For his height, Hutch is not actually someone who wins with bend; he wins with hand to hand combat, not speed.
3. I’d love for a team to fall in love with him, trade up, and the Jags still get Thibs or the NC tackle.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 06:45 AM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

I listen to Wigg all the time and really like him and most of his takes.  But if you listen to him very long, you will know that he capes hard for players with diva attitudes.  Diva attitude is the #1 thing that would cause me to not take a player.

I don't want Thibs within three states of the Jags.  Not only is the diva attitude evident, he is too much in his emotions.  I watched the combine. He simply quit and shut down when he didn't post as good a 40 time as he expected.  There was no strategy to wait til his pro day.  He had said he was doing the drills and then pouted and quit.

Now, Wigg makes a couple of legitimate points about Hutch, too.  But if you become convinced he is not worthy of #1, I would do one of three things:  I'd take Neal because most of the analysts agree he is going to be as good as any of the tackles that went in the draft the last couple of years.  Or I'd trade down within the top 10.  Or I'd take Travon Walker.  I'm not taking a safety at #1.  The positional value just isn't there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(03-23-2022, 06:43 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I listen to Wigg all the time and really like him and most of his takes.  But if you listen to him very long, you will know that he capes hard for players with diva attitudes.  Diva attitude is the #1 thing that would cause me to not take a player.

I don't want Thibs within three states of the Jags.  Not only is the diva attitude evident, he is too much in his emotions.  I watched the combine. He simply quit and shut down when he didn't post as good a 40 time as he expected.  There was no strategy to wait til his pro day.  He had said he was doing the drills and then pouted and quit.

Now, Wigg makes a couple of legitimate points about Hutch, too.  But if you become convinced he is not worthy of #1, I would do one of three things:  I'd take Neal because most of the analysts agree he is going to be as good as any of the tackles that went in the draft the last couple of years.  Or I'd trade down within the top 10.  Or I'd take Travon Walker.  I'm not taking a safety at #1.  The positional value just isn't there.

Wigg's argument about the one year of production is compelling, until you realize Burrow really only had on year of production and he turned out okay. 

To me, Hutch doesn't have to be all world for him to be an asset for us.  If he becomes a Ryan Kerrigan level player for us, we'll be in good shape.  What can't happen is he become another Chaisson for us.  That would be disastrous.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-23-2022, 06:43 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I listen to Wigg all the time and really like him and most of his takes.  But if you listen to him very long, you will know that he capes hard for players with diva attitudes.  Diva attitude is the #1 thing that would cause me to not take a player.

This comes across as a very diva, very emotional post to me. Saying a whole lot of stuff that you have no clue whether it is true or not.

I'm still in the camp to only trade this pick (Hutchinson) if the offer is too good to pass up. If the Jaguars are able to acquire a top 10 pick in this draft plus two second rounders and a third rounder from a team like the Jets, Falcons or Seahawks I'd absolutely make this trade. They would still land a very good pass rusher in round 1 (Johnson, Walker or Karlaftis) plus 3 other very good players to further bolster the roster. Of course, there's always the risk of one or more of these players becoming busts like Chaisson and Henderson, but they can't think that way.

I am just not sold on Hutch. I am like Wigg. He has performed as well as he has according to some because of his ability to hand fight and his high motor. High motor means to me a guy who makes up for a defect in his game by trying real hard. Hand fighting? well at the next level he will find everyone is pretty good at that., some much better than he is. He ran into some playing against Sayer who is projected to be a guard in the NFL. Add to this he was playing opposite Ojabo so it wasn't like he was the only edge worry for the other team. I do believe Hutch will eventually be a solid player, not a super star in the NFL. If we select him with the first pick I'll support him but do believe if we take him we will be disappointed in the short term. I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer taking Evan at #1. This is a guy that during 3 years at Alabama played guard, Right tackle and Left Tackle. He did well at all 3 positions. You don't find that very often. I heard Leon Searcy say on talk radio he has a punch that at times makes the defender just give up. We should remember Searcy was the guy who protected Brunell's blindside as he was left handed...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 01:03 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

I didn’t really care for Hutch’s highlight reel that I watched. I saw the effort of him eventually getting to the QB, but didn’t really see him get to the QB in under 3 seconds much if at all. These are coverage sacks.

I liked Thib’s highlights much more, but his interview where he bashed the University of Alabama and bragged about being able to call Phil Knight for a job if need be tipped his hand on his character and maturity level. Are those comments the biggest deal by themself? No, but you are under the microscope right now in a prolonged interview process. If this comes out now when the cameras are rolling, what’s going on when they’re not rolling and you aren’t in interview mode?

All that said, not really sure what I’d do at 1, but I would seriously consider trading back if presented with an adequate offer.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022, 01:07 PM by irontrooper83. Edited 1 time in total.)

I tend to agree on Wigg specifically on Hutchinson. I like the player, I think he will be a good player for a long time in the league in the right system and I would cheer for him if we take him at number 1. That said I'm just now "wowed" when watching him and I have some doubts on how he will adapt against NFL OTs.
There are other players in this class who right now are not as complete as he is but their potential seems higher, they move way better and that make a lot of sense in the long-term. Tough call for me, that's why I would really welcome a trade down, if possible.
We'll see in a month I guess. Again not saying he is bad but I'm not sure he has 1 overall traits or if he really is the best player in this class. Will watch more and more about him and others with FA out of the way.

https://youtu.be/jcthAky0sOs

(03-27-2022, 09:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://youtu.be/jcthAky0sOs

Really great analysis. It irritates me when people say he did nothing against the Bulldogs. This video is a prime example of how stats can be deceptive. Hutchinson was like a freshly laundered shirt, because he got clotheslined for most of that game. He was disruptive.

(03-28-2022, 06:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/jc_shelton_/status/1...ASrK9rpZcQ

Why? He is a 43 DE.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 08:30 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-28-2022, 06:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/jc_shelton_/status/1...ASrK9rpZcQ

That may send me over the edge.

(03-28-2022, 07:42 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Why? He is a 43 DE.

Exactly. Walker is a perfect fit for the Lions who are returning to a 4-3 scheme. Walker was a 3-4 DE. Trying to make him a 3-4 OLB is like teaching him an entirely new position. It would be a terrible move. Hutchinson is the best player in the draft and he has experience as a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB, like where he would play with the Jaguars. I'm hoping these reports are just smokescreens and mis-directions that teams like to put out right before the draft.

(03-28-2022, 07:42 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Why? He is a 43 DE.

I don't know why JC Shelton tweeted that, but I do know the Jags are going to be in a 4-2 front frequently when facing 3 wide receiver sets and Walker's versatility seems to be getting tons of hype the past few days. 

I'm not predicting him at #1 though.

Ugh annoying to see all these rumors about us passing by up Hutch. Would be a big mistake. Not a time to get too cute, Gene Smith style, and reach for a less obvious pick. Hopefully the rumors are just that, and we Hutch off the board to the jags .