Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

(09-11-2022, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

Which pass plays that were called today were bad calls, exactly?  

Sure, we have weapons at RB and I'd like a bit more balance, but the pass was working quite effectively too. 

I didn't see anything that would warrant questioning Doug's play calling. The plays going in situationally were 99% fine, they just weren't always executed well enough. 

I mean, seriously, if Trevor doesn't overthrow 2 TD passes, and ETN doesn't drop a third, we win that game by a comfortable margin with the plays that Doug "super-bowl-ring-wearing" Pederson called. The same ones you think warrant a change in play caller after one game.

Read the post 157

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-11-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. It's just one game. We lost the game late. We didn't get destroyed. Not the time to panic. Basically this an extra preseason game to get the rust off. I can live with what I saw today.

The things I am [BLEEP] about are very technical and fixable. Instead of last year where the game was over in the 1st half.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What if we lose a close one next week? and the week after?  Is that OK to lose as long as its a close game?
In year one? Yes. Next year? No. I still think this team is winning a minimum of six to seven games this year.

There's a lot of maturity that needs to take place still for this young football team. There's also a little bit of a learning period and rust to shake off for the coaching staff.

The key is whether or not they learn from their losses and don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I can stomach two or three losses in a row in close contests a whole hell of a lot more than seeing the offense turn the ball over multiple times per game or the defense playing on skates and getting destroyed.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What if we lose a close one next week? and the week after?  Is that OK to lose as long as its a close game?
In year one? Yes. Next year? No. I still think this team is winning a minimum of six to seven games this year.

There's a lot of maturity that needs to take place still for this young football team. There's also a little bit of a learning period and rust to shake off for the coaching staff.

The key is whether or not they learn from their losses and don't repeat the same mistakes over and over again. I can stomach two or three losses in a row in close contests a whole hell of a lot more than seeing the offense turn the ball over multiple times per game or the defense playing on skates and getting destroyed.

Man I hope these players and coaches dont have this mindset.  Im almost positive they dont though so no worries for me.  Straight losing mentality imo.

(09-11-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: In year one? Yes. Next year? No. I still think this team is winning a minimum of six to seven games this year.

Man I hope these players and coaches dont have this mindset.  Im almost positive they dont though so no worries for me.  Straight losing mentality imo.
They don't. I just know with a new coaching staff, new faces on offense and virtually an entirely new front seven that there's going to be a lot of growing pains and mental errors.

I can live with winning and losing in close contests in 2022. A lot better than enduring what we saw in 2020 and 2021.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: In year one? Yes. Next year? No. I still think this team is winning a minimum of six to seven games this year.

You have to crawl before you walk.
You have to walk before you run.

Jags have finally graduated from crawling to walking and you're just too frustrated and impatient to see that in any sort of favorable light.

Today was the shot of confidence both Robinson and Etienne needed to assure themselves their injuries are fully healed.

J Rob looked good out there and I thought he should have had more touches.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

(09-11-2022, 06:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Today was the shot of confidence both Robinson and Etienne needed to assure themselves their injuries are fully healed.
Totally agree.

ETNs drop took the wind out of my sails though. JRob surprised me though and that was great.

(09-11-2022, 07:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 06:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Today was the shot of confidence both Robinson and Etienne needed to assure themselves their injuries are fully healed.
Totally agree.

ETNs drop took the wind out of my sails though. JRob surprised me though and that was great.
Yeah. Same. He's quick as hell though. I hope Pederson starts featuring them both in the backfield.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 04:32 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'll say it again.  There was nothing wrong with picking Travis Etienne with the 25th pick in the draft.  He is going to be a great player.  Anyone who watched that game yesterday can see it.

(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Man I hope these players and coaches dont have this mindset.  Im almost positive they dont though so no worries for me.  Straight losing mentality imo.

You have to crawl before you walk.

Jags have finally graduated from crawling to walking and you're just too frustrated and impatient to see that in any sort of favorable light.

So they have to beat the Colts to continue the improvement you are saying this team showed yesterday right?  We beat the Colts last year at home so if we lose the team is regressing right?

(09-12-2022, 06:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You have to crawl before you walk.

So they have to beat the Colts to continue the improvement you are saying this team showed yesterday right?  We beat the Colts last year at home so if we lose the team is regressing right?

ummmm, I'm not sure which logic fail to address first here 

I'm sorry the gators suck and you lost a stupid bet. 
Maybe after you recover from all of that you'll start to understand simple logic. 

Probably not

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 07:07 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 07:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 06:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So they have to beat the Colts to continue the improvement you are saying this team showed yesterday right?  We beat the Colts last year at home so if we lose the team is regressing right?

ummmm, I'm not sure which logic fail to address first here 

Maybe after you recover from all of that you'll start to understand simple logic. 

Probably not
Lol, I figured you would dodge those questions

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 08:22 AM by Mikey.)

(09-11-2022, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Both J Rob and Etienne looked great today.  Etienne had the one drop but other than that both were great.  The RB position is the biggest strength on this team imo.  I'd love if we extend J Rob at any point.  We need J Rob and Etienne for the next 3 or 4 years minimum.

I can't say Etienne looked great. That TD drop was super costly, and about as routine a play as they come.

I'll grant him the first official game under the lights, but man, gotta make the catch if you wanna get in the end zone.

I'm glad JRob looked as good as he did. He's still the #1 option, and Etienne is gonna have to not make costly mistakes if he wants that top spot.

(09-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What if we lose a close one next week? and the week after?  Is that OK to lose as long as its a close game?

This, this, so very this.

The absolute worst thing for a young squad is to continually change everything. That leads to inconsistency, confusion, and costly mistakes.

If we look clueless out there, maybe mix it up. Until then, be patient, keep working, and see if the team builds on the progress.

So you're saying the productive mindset is that if it don't work this week, completely overhaul things?

Can you honestly say the reason we lost this week was solely playcalling?

There were some bone. headed. penalties that killed us. Maybe we should bench those fools and rely on their backups to carry the load.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 08:29 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 08:17 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Both J Rob and Etienne looked great today.  Etienne had the one drop but other than that both were great.  The RB position is the biggest strength on this team imo.  I'd love if we extend J Rob at any point.  We need J Rob and Etienne for the next 3 or 4 years minimum.

I can't say Etienne looked great. That TD drop was super costly, and about as routine a play as they come.

I'll grant him the first official game under the lights, but man, gotta make the catch if you wanna get in the end zone.

I'm glad JRob looked as good as he did. He's still the #1 option, and Etienne is gonna have to not make costly mistakes if he wants that top spot.

This, this, so very this.

The absolute worst thing for a young squad is to continually change everything. That leads to inconsistency, confusion, and costly mistakes.

If we look clueless out there, maybe mix it up. Until then, be patient, keep working, and see if the team builds on the progress.
Read it again, I said other than that drop.  He averaged 12 ypc and 9 ypc on his receptions and looked very fast.  He also beat his man for a TD put Trevor missed him and overthrew him. He looked damn good. Trevor has to put it on him when he beats his man like he did because that was a TD that we didn't get because of the over throw

(09-12-2022, 06:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You have to crawl before you walk.

not at all what was said.

I could understand this level of panic/frustration if we were a team like say, GB, who basically put a team out there with two time MVP and no WR and got thoroughly whooped for a full game. YES! Radical change is needed there, because their window is slamming shut. They need to worry about the now, and the down the road can sort itself out. 

News flash, we are not in the same boat as a GB. We're starting out. We're building. Give this team some time before you start slamming all the reset buttons within your reach.

(09-12-2022, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 05:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Man I hope these players and coaches dont have this mindset.  Im almost positive they dont though so no worries for me.  Straight losing mentality imo.

So you're saying the productive mindset is that if it don't work this week, completely overhaul things?

Can you honestly say the reason we lost this week was solely playcalling?

There were some bone. headed. penalties that killed us. Maybe we should bench those fools and rely on their backups to carry the load.

[BLEEP] are you talking about?  Lol. There were a bunch of reasons we lost.  I noted 6 of them alone in the plus and minus thread

(09-12-2022, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 06:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So they have to beat the Colts to continue the improvement you are saying this team showed yesterday right?  We beat the Colts last year at home so if we lose the team is regressing right?

not at all what was said.

I could understand this level of panic/frustration if we were a team like say, GB, who basically put a team out there with two time MVP and no WR and got thoroughly whooped for a full game. YES! Radical change is needed there, because their window is slamming shut. They need to worry about the now, and the down the road can sort itself out. 

News flash, we are not in the same boat as a GB. We're starting out. We're building. Give this team some time before you start slamming all the reset buttons within your reach.

"Building" ?  Lol so you don't expect us to win this week?  You think it's to early?  When do you think we should start winning games?  When you get your franchise QB, a SB winning coach, spend the most money in FA, draft 2 of the best players in the draft etc. I think we should beat a team like Wash.  Curious to see when you think we should start winning games?

(09-12-2022, 07:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 07:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: ummmm, I'm not sure which logic fail to address first here 

Probably not
Lol, I figured you would dodge those questions
Ummm, the answers to your idiotic questions are "no, and no"

But please go on completely missing the point and being unrealistic about this football team.