Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Formula 1

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 04:28 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

Yeah, no one here cares about it but I'm starting this anyway. I can always just talk to myself.  Big Grin

TPTB have decided to add a third GP to the U.S. which already hosts a race in Miami and one in Austin, TX. Las Vegas who last hosted a race in 1982 will see a race in 2023. 

Link

The current lineup of drivers are pretty excited about it.

Link

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow - that definitely will be an amazing spectacle for the drivers, attendees, and tv audience. Pretty Cool !!

As a general rule I hate Vegas for the gambling (was once married to a recovering gambler) but it should be an interesting weekend for the drivers and hopefully a good race.

I got a little bit interested in Formula 1 from watching "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" on Netflix. I wish it was more competitive, though, with more teams having a real chance to win. I hope the new spending limits will have that effect.

(04-08-2022, 05:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I got a little bit interested in Formula 1 from watching "Formula 1: Drive to Survive" on Netflix.  I wish it was more competitive, though, with more teams having a real chance to win.  I hope the new spending limits will have that effect.

So far this season the line-up looks very different than it has in recent years. This weekend is the third race of the season and the usual suspects (Mercedes) are not doing near as well as they have since they started dominating the sport. Ferrari is making a remarkable comeback and is challenging Red Bull. Haas scored more points in their first race than their last two seasons. Alpine (formerly Renault) is challenging the midfield. 

I've been keeping up on F1's Instagram account and their youtube channel. DTS is entertaining but Netflix dramatizes everything with their creative editing. I've only watched two episodes of S4 though because it's just too much. S1-2 were pretty good with S3 being decent. F1 should be ashamed and pissed about S4.

DtS is great for getting into F1, but once you watch a full season live you realize how much of DtS is basically [BLEEP]. Which is sad, because there is plenty of drama to be had in F1 with what is actually happening. There's is very little need to actually to make [BLEEP] up like DtS does, but they still do sadly.

Huge F1 fan here, so someone that cares. This season is actually very interesting, Ferrari dominating the tracks with no long stretches due to their speed round the corners but red bull are driving very well and there’s been mistakes in both sound.

Excited for the Monaco gp today.

Hopefully it stays competitive as I’m flying out to São Paulo in November to watch the Brazil gp.

Kimi Raikkonen is coming to North Carolina! He will be driving in a NASCAR race in August and is coming to NC to prepare. I may need to find my way over to Concord to see what I can see while he's here. He would have been my favorite driver had he stayed in after I started following F1. From what I've read and seen he was the man during his career. 

The website wouldn't let me share the direct link so if you're interested to learn more just look it up on the interwebs.

(05-29-2022, 06:51 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Huge F1 fan here, so someone that cares. This season is actually very interesting, Ferrari dominating the tracks with no long stretches due to their speed round the corners but red bull are driving very well and there’s been mistakes in both sound.

Hopefully it stays competitive as I’m flying out to São Paulo in November to watch the Brazil gp.

I've very much enjoyed this season so far. No one person is outright dominating though its definitely a Red Bull/Ferrari year with George Russell looking great in the Merc. I'm partial to HAAS for some reason. I like an underdog who can still fight and that's HAAS. Kevin Magnusson got more points in his first race back than HAAS had the last few years. It's kind of hard to watch Daniel Ric struggle in the McLaren and I think his time there is short. 

All in all it's been a much better year without one person dominating the field and running away with the Championship 1/3 of the way through the season.

(05-29-2022, 09:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 06:51 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: Huge F1 fan here, so someone that cares. This season is actually very interesting, Ferrari dominating the tracks with no long stretches due to their speed round the corners but red bull are driving very well and there’s been mistakes in both sound.

I've very much enjoyed this season so far. No one person is outright dominating though its definitely a Red Bull/Ferrari year with George Russell looking great in the Merc. I'm partial to HAAS for some reason. I like an underdog who can still fight and that's HAAS. Kevin Magnusson got more points in his first race back than HAAS had the last few years. It's kind of hard to watch Daniel Ric struggle in the McLaren and I think his time there is short. 

All in all it's been a much better year without one person dominating the field and running away with the Championship 1/3 of the way through the season.

Me too, though I’d be grateful for a few more Red Bull dnfs. George Russell is driving amazing in a poor car but I hope Mercedes’ can do some work.

I’m with you on Haas, KMag is so likeable! 

Ferrari are constantly struggling with their tactics which is disappointing for leclerc, also a shame for Perez, he’d be only one point behind verstappen if they didn’t make him let verstappen pass in Barcelona.

Leclerc was pissed Sunday. They definitely jacked him over. I wish the kid could actually win a home GP but Monaco seems to be his kryptonite. He wrecked Lauda's Ferrari on the track during the historic GP. Kid just can't catch a break.

The race this week is at Spa Francorchamps in Belgium. If I could be an F1 driver for one day, that is the track of choice. High speed, challenging turns and tremendous altitude changes.

[Image: XPB_834858_HiRes-768x512.jpg]

That race was ridiculous. Max Verstappen starting at P14 and easily winning the race. I only got to watch the highlights and they told me all I needed to know. I like that someone other than Merc/Lewis Hamilton is winning but instead of Merc/Hamilton it's now RB/Verstappen. There is no real competition. I was hoping the cap they put on the teams would pull everyone a little closer competitive wise but it really didn't.

(08-28-2022, 11:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That race was ridiculous. Max Verstappen starting at P14 and easily winning the race. I only got to watch the highlights and they told me all I needed to know. I like that someone other than Merc/Lewis Hamilton is winning but instead of Merc/Hamilton it's now RB/Verstappen. There is no real competition. I was hoping the cap they put on the teams would pull everyone a little closer competitive wise but it really didn't.

I agree.  I would love F1 if it was more competitive.  But it's the same people winning every week and every year.

(08-30-2022, 06:14 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 11:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That race was ridiculous. Max Verstappen starting at P14 and easily winning the race. I only got to watch the highlights and they told me all I needed to know. I like that someone other than Merc/Lewis Hamilton is winning but instead of Merc/Hamilton it's now RB/Verstappen. There is no real competition. I was hoping the cap they put on the teams would pull everyone a little closer competitive wise but it really didn't.

I agree.  I would love F1 if it was more competitive.  But it's the same people winning every week and every year.

Yep. The only thing surprising this season is Merc didn't build a good car. I would blame Hamilton's salary but the cap is only about developing and building the car. Still, it's crazy how wrong their engineers got it.

I binged watched all the seasons of Formula 1 drive to survive on Netflix and I have become a pretty big fan. The last three races my buddy and I went to a bar down at the beaches at 9am on a Sunday to watch the races and it has been a blast. The show was a whole lot more than I expected.

But.. I can’t stand Mr.Bean(Verstappen). I know Hamilton is a cocky but I still found myself siding with him and I have respect for what he did. but good lord that little [BLEEP] Max can’t get in front of a mic with out honestly making me cringe. There were a few instances on the show where he would bow up at some one only to back off cause he really didn’t want that smoke. I know those boys have that instinct where they will try to win a race even if it’s to the door if they can and are the best in the world at what they do, but his [BLEEP] is repulsive. Yes he is the best right now, but I think a lot has to do with the power unit Honda is putting in the red bull and a string of unfortunate circumstances by Ferrari could have seen the constructors cup look a lot different.

I’m also shocked with the state of Mercedes cars this year. After nearly a decade of being on top they fell pretty hard.

One thing I have added to the bucket list this year is a Monaco GP. Holy [BLEEP] that looks epic.

Max Verstappen is an interesting fellow for sure. He refused to participate in DTS after he saw how Netflix edited the footage for dramatic effect and I give him props for that. I could barely watch S4 after following the F1 season last year. Netflix definitely goes for drama over substance. The so-called rivalries among team riders was/is overdone except in the case of Mick Schumacher and his Russian team rider whose name I don't remember right now. They most definitely did not get along. That was fixed when Putin invaded Ukraine and Formula 1 told Haas sponsor, Uralkali, and the driver to take a hike. Uralkali is owned by the Russian kid's father who is pals with Putin. 

So Haas brings back Kevin Magnussen who had been fired by them with dramatic effect in 2020 and hadn't raced in F1 for two years. The sport has enough drama with the different personalities of the drivers and team principals. 

If you want to watch something freaking hilarious watch this guy do driver impersonations. He is very good at it!

(09-02-2022, 10:51 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Max Verstappen is an interesting fellow for sure. He refused to participate in DTS after he saw how Netflix edited the footage for dramatic effect and I give him props for that. I could barely watch S4 after following the F1 season last year. Netflix definitely goes for drama over substance. The so-called rivalries among team riders was/is overdone except in the case of Mick Schumacher and his Russian team rider whose name I don't remember right now. They most definitely did not get along. That was fixed when Putin invaded Ukraine and Formula 1 told Haas sponsor, Uralkali, and the driver to take a hike. Uralkali is owned by the Russian kid's father who is pals with Putin. 

So Haas brings back Kevin Magnussen who had been fired by them with dramatic effect in 2020 and hadn't raced in F1 for two years. The sport has enough drama with the different personalities of the drivers and team principals. 

If you want to watch something freaking hilarious watch this guy do driver impersonations. He is very good at it!

I understand the bold and I know they do but DTSbhs brought allot of fans to the sport and they may inflate some stories but some stand on their own. Verstappen is a piece of [BLEEP] and so Is the team manager. More to your point the relationship between Daniel and Landon was a hell of a or more over blown than they ever did to the hygiene nozzle Mr.Bean. Dude is a thug and if he the face of the sport for the next decade it will lose as much as it gains in audience. 

I hope Ferrari gets their [BLEEP] together and Mercedes’ rises up again.

Also that video was absolute gold, spot on.

There are a lot of anti-Max fans but a lot of them seem to be Hamilton fans and vice versa. They go at each other like rabid dogs. I don't care about either of them one way or another. They're both very good drivers and that's about it. 

I don't know what happened to Ferrari. They started the year strong but they must have fired their strategist because the mistakes are absurd. Nothing to do with the car or driver but with pit stops and tire choices. Very strange. 

I'm a fan of the Haas and hope they do well tomorrow. Schumacher is in the top 10 to start. They've always done well at this track.

Well that was a [BLEEP] show of a race. Ferrari once again fumbled their pit and tire selections. Mercedes looked in good position to win or at the least push for a 2-3 finish and they managed to fumble that. Man I hate red bull so much. It’s harder to find respect for that ugly looking little [BLEEP] every week. Lots of drama this week.