Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We can't let Biden and his cronies get away with this!

Biden administration considering pulling health care from veterans to treat illegal aliens

Would redistribute resources toward massive surge of immigrants

Did you, or a family member, serve your country with the expectation of receiving the health care benefits you were promised?

Sorry, illegal aliens apparently come first in President Joe Biden's America.

https://www.wnd.com/2022/03/report-biden...PQNHFLn28g
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2022, 11:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Biden administration considering pulling health care from veterans to treat illegal aliens

Did you, or a family member, serve your country with the expectation of receiving the health care benefits you were promised?

Sounds a lot like 2021 when $86m was devoted to housing illegals and people like Drifter cried foul that veterans were missing out.  But like 2021, $750m was provided to house veterans under the American Rescue Plan.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(04-02-2022, 12:44 AM)captivating Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 11:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Biden administration considering pulling health care from veterans to treat illegal aliens

Sounds a lot like 2021 when $86m was devoted to housing illegals and people like Drifter cried foul that veterans were missing out.  But like 2021, $750m was provided to house veterans under the American Rescue Plan.

So you're saying that $86 million went to illegals instead of homeless vets. Glad you agree with Drifter.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-02-2022, 08:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 12:44 AM)captivating Wrote: Sounds a lot like 2021 when $86m was devoted to housing illegals and people like Drifter cried foul that veterans were missing out.  But like 2021, $750m was provided to house veterans under the American Rescue Plan.

So you're saying that $86 million went to illegals instead of homeless vets. Glad you agree with Drifter.

You can use that line about anything.  

Biden pledged an additional $300 million to Ukraine instead of to homeless vets.
Billions of dollars of student loans were forgiven recently instead of going to homeless vets.  
The city is about to spend millions upgrading TIAA Bank Field instead of spending it on homeless vets.  

See how that works?

(04-02-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 08:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're saying that $86 million went to illegals instead of homeless vets. Glad you agree with Drifter.

Biden pledged an additional $300 million to Ukraine instead of to homeless vets.
Billions of dollars of student loans were forgiven recently instead of going to homeless vets.  
The city is about to spend millions upgrading TIAA Bank Field instead of spending it on homeless vets.  

See how that works?

No, we have a choice between paying for housing for illegals or housing for vets. We're spending ~$800 million on housing either way. This is a very specific decision about targets for allocated housing resources, not a broader question about allocating them. None of those dollars should go to illegals anyway but even more so if that means it doesn't go to a needy veteran.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-02-2022, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You can use that line about anything.  

See how that works?

No, we have a choice between paying for housing for illegals or housing for vets. We're spending ~$800 million on housing either way. This is a very specific decision about targets for allocated housing resources, not a broader question about allocating them. None of those dollars should go to illegals anyway but even more so if that means it doesn't go to a needy veteran.

Regardless of whether the money is needed for veterans, why reward illegals with housing?  Doesn't that just encourage more illegals, further exacerbating the underlying problem?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-02-2022, 11:04 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, we have a choice between paying for housing for illegals or housing for vets. We're spending ~$800 million on housing either way. This is a very specific decision about targets for allocated housing resources, not a broader question about allocating them. None of those dollars should go to illegals anyway but even more so if that means it doesn't go to a needy veteran.

Regardless of whether the money is needed for veterans, why reward illegals with housing?  Doesn't that just encourage more illegals, further exacerbating the underlying problem?

Sure, I agree wholeheartedly, but that wasn't TRMs contention. I'm just saying the money is getting spent, we shouldn't spend it on illegals instead of vets.

(04-02-2022, 12:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 11:04 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Regardless of whether the money is needed for veterans, why reward illegals with housing?  Doesn't that just encourage more illegals, further exacerbating the underlying problem?

Sure, I agree wholeheartedly, but that wasn't TRMs contention. I'm just saying the money is getting spent, we shouldn't spend it on illegals instead of vets.

LOL.  I know that.  My post was directed at TRM's attempt to excuse money going to illegals, (rather than vets) by saying other funds were also not going to vets.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 02:59 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2022, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You can use that line about anything.  

See how that works?

I don't think the federal government redirects money from one thing to another as if they had limited resources.  That would be the responsible way to operate, but they don't do that.  They just borrow and spend. 

So if you think we should not be spending this money on illegal immigrants, that's fine, and if you want more money to go to homeless vets, that's fine, too, but those two things are not really connected.  Because the government does not operate as if it had limited resources and they don't operate as if money going to one place has to come from another place.

(04-02-2022, 02:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, we have a choice between paying for housing for illegals or housing for vets. We're spending ~$800 million on housing either way. This is a very specific decision about targets for allocated housing resources, not a broader question about allocating them. None of those dollars should go to illegals anyway but even more so if that means it doesn't go to a needy veteran.

I don't think the federal government redirects money from one thing to another as if they had limited resources.  That would be the responsible way to operate, but they don't do that.  They just borrow and spend. 

So if you think we should not be spending this money on illegal immigrants, that's fine, and if you want more money to go to homeless vets, that's fine, too, but those two things are not really connected.  Because the government does not operate as if it had limited resources and they don't operate as if money going to one place has to come from another place.

All true at the federal level, yes.  But not true at the state and local levels.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-02-2022, 03:00 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 02:58 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think the federal government redirects money from one thing to another as if they had limited resources.  That would be the responsible way to operate, but they don't do that.  They just borrow and spend. 

All true at the federal level, yes.  But not true at the state and local levels.

The issue raised in the OP is a federal one.  We're not talking about how states run their budgets.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 03:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-02-2022, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 08:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you're saying that $86 million went to illegals instead of homeless vets. Glad you agree with Drifter.

See how that works?

I paid for five degrees out of my own pocket (2 mine, 1 my wife, 2 my kids) and now we are forgiving student loans just cause students picked Gender Studies or CRT as a major and can't get a good enough paying job now??? Biden, I want my [BLEEP] money back! Or at least a rebate. [BLEEP] you, [BLEEP] your evil spawn and [BLEEP] anyone who works for or voted for you. [BLEEP] hell!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2022, 07:26 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-02-2022, 03:07 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

See how that works?

I paid for five degrees out of my own pocket (2 mine, 1 my wife, 2 my kids) and now we are forgiving student loans just cause students picked Gender Studies or CRT as a major and can't get a good enough paying job now??? Biden, I want my [BLEEP] money back! Or at least a rebate. [BLEEP] you, [BLEEP] your evil spawn and [BLEEP] anyone who works for or voted for you. [BLEEP] hell!
I’ll take the ban or whatever.  You’re not getting money back because the color of your skin.   You’re too white to get money from the government.  I’m sorry if I am wrong and assumed your race (not really).  My wife was a teenager and had a kid.  Many peers told her to do this and do that to get her college paid for.  She tried.  She “made too much money” at 10.00/hr to get anything as a single mother while coworkers got paid the same and received payment.

Jokes on everyone.  She did it the hard way and does very well for herself.  Who knows these day.  We can never tell now, if it’s because she’s white or if she’s just that damned good.  Spoiler alert,  She’s good.