Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Linebacker Position - Post Free Agency

(04-03-2022, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Give me a prime Poz and Telvin right now any day of the week.  We would have to go back to a 4-3 but if we had those 2 in their prime it would be worth it

Yes, we already know you hate building teams the right away you don't need to keep proving it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2022, 11:21 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 10:17 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Give me a prime Poz and Telvin right now any day of the week.  We would have to go back to a 4-3 but if we had those 2 in their prime it would be worth it

Yes, we already know you hate building teams the right away you don't need to keep proving it.

Adding damn good players at every position.  That's the right way

(04-03-2022, 01:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 11:21 AM)Upper Wrote: Yes, we already know you hate building teams the right away you don't need to keep proving it.

Adding damn good players at every position.  That's the right way

Poz and Telvin and damn good players is not the same.

(04-03-2022, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 10:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Why is it bleeping the LB from Navy's last name? I know it sounds bad, but it's not even spelled the same as the slander word the website is mistaking it for. That's his name. If we draft him, are we never allowed to write his name on this board?

And it's pronounced Fagoe lol

I know, but it's spelled g-o-t.

(04-03-2022, 02:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 01:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Adding damn good players at every position.  That's the right way

Poz and Telvin and damn good players is not the same.

Really man? I guess agree to disagree. They were both great players for us in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 08:39 AM by Mikey.)

(04-02-2022, 03:31 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Every time I see the name Blair Brown I get queasy. There were a good handful of us pounding the table for George Kittle with that pick.

You mention Blair Brown and the last thing I think about is kittle. His post-release arrest was unsettling, to say the least.

Needless to say, I get queasy too, but for very different reasons.

(04-02-2022, 02:50 PM)Upper Wrote: This linebacker class is insane. There will be instant day 1 starting linebackers available at all of 33, 65, and 70. There could even be one available at 106.

Dean, Muma, Andersen, Chenal, Asamoah, Harris, Brandon Smith, Beavers, Tindall, Walker, and Clark all look like they could be instant starters for us.

This draft could easily go something like Hutch, Cine, Tindall and to be honest it would be hard to punch any holes in the defense if it did go like that.

I doubt Clark will be an instant starter for anyone

Quote:Mar 24, 2022 — Former LSU LB Damone Clark is undergoing spinal fusion surgery today after an MRI at the combine revealed a herniated disk, per sources.

he's Moses'd.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 10:01 AM by Upper.)

(04-04-2022, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: I doubt Clark will be an instant starter for anyone

Quote:Mar 24, 2022 — Former LSU LB Damone Clark is undergoing spinal fusion surgery today after an MRI at the combine revealed a herniated disk, per sources.

he's Moses'd.

Oh yeah I remember seeing that, thanks for the reminder. Someone is gonna get a nice value if he falls he is really good.

(04-04-2022, 10:00 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 08:37 AM)Mikey Wrote: I doubt Clark will be an instant starter for anyone

he's Moses'd.

Oh yeah I remember seeing that, thanks for the reminder. Someone is gonna get a nice value if he falls he is really good.

I wouldn't draft anyone getting a spinal fusion surgery. Hopefully he'll get relief for his pain, but he will be more stiff as a result.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-02-2022, 02:49 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I’m exited to see what Dylan Moses does this year.

Same, I almost forgot about him after the locker room trashed him.

(04-04-2022, 10:00 AM)Upper Wrote:

he's Moses'd.

That is a serious surgery Though. Not sure how well it will hold up in an NFL setting

(04-03-2022, 04:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 11:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: And it's pronounced Fagoe lol

I know, but it's spelled g-o-t.

Whatever team drafts him needs to have a Diego [BLEEP] day at one of their home games and pass out his jersey for free.  Or if he goes to a team of one of your buddies who you routinely talk trash with about football, you could always get him a nice Diego [BLEEP] jersey for christmas one year.

(04-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Newton Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 10:00 AM)Upper Wrote: Oh yeah I remember seeing that, thanks for the reminder. Someone is gonna get a nice value if he falls he is really good.

That is a serious surgery Though. Not sure how well it will hold up in an NFL setting

I mean he'd have to fall significantly, but he'd be a great use of one of our non 106 day 3 picks. Huge upside athletes and injury gambles is exactly what I would use those picks on. Screw trying to get low ceiling guys like your Jordan Smith's and Luke Farrell's with those picks.

(04-05-2022, 07:51 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 04:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know, but it's spelled g-o-t.

Whatever team drafts him needs to have a Diego [BLEEP] day at one of their home games and pass out his jersey for free.  Or if he goes to a team of one of your buddies who you routinely talk trash with about football, you could always get him a nice Diego [BLEEP] jersey for christmas one year.

I feel sorry for the guy. Such a good player, such an unfortunate name. I think the reason people aren't talking about him is because they are afraid they will mis-pronounce his name and get in trouble.

I’d legally change the spelling of my name to phonetically match the way it’s pronounced. I told my dad and granddad that I love them but that I’m not hanging that name on my kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2022, 12:28 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-05-2022, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 07:27 AM)Newton Wrote: That is a serious surgery Though. Not sure how well it will hold up in an NFL setting

I mean he'd have to fall significantly, but he'd be a great use of one of our non 106 day 3 picks. Huge upside athletes and injury gambles is exactly what I would use those picks on. Screw trying to get low ceiling guys like your Jordan Smith's and Luke Farrell's with those picks.

Exactly, teams don't really draft based on the "floor" level of a guy. (unless they are so talent depleted they have to for starters) They draft based on where their ceiling is once developed. Problem in the past is we have done such a poor job of developing.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-05-2022, 12:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote: I mean he'd have to fall significantly, but he'd be a great use of one of our non 106 day 3 picks. Huge upside athletes and injury gambles is exactly what I would use those picks on. Screw trying to get low ceiling guys like your Jordan Smith's and Luke Farrell's with those picks.

Exactly, teams don't really draft based on the "floor" level of a guy. (unless they are so talent depleted they have to for starters) They draft based on where their ceiling is once developed. Problem in the past is we have done such a poor job of developing.

I am only talking with our picks in the mid/late 100s. Floor is definitely a consideration when talking about day 1 and day 2 picks.

(04-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1513642526368059392

Interesting. I wonder why?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-11-2022, 06:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1513642526368059392

That is shocking. Apparently, he just didn't recover like we thought he would. From all reports I heard, I assumed they were counting heavily on him to be a factor this season. This certainly makes ILB a much higher priority now.

Moses should have been dead to us as soon as that IG of everyone ridiculing him came out last year. If basically the entirety of the brotherhood of the locker room has given up on you it's hard to get lower than that. Just a completely unreliable and unprofessional guy it appears.