Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Will Smith and Chris Rock Slap Around the World At Oscars Heard

So we all have heard about Will Smith slapping Chris Rock for making fun of his wife's disease....

Stephen A Smith posted a very strongly worded opinion on that...

I think he's just afraid people will start hitting him for the [BLEEP] things HE says just for shock value. Except it'd be a 260lb athlete doing it.... ha. Stephen A Smith isn't a man.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no idea what Stephen A said. But Chris should have made Will really throw hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-28-2022, 11:08 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I have no idea what Stephen A said. But Chris should have made Will really throw hands.

One is 5'4" and a buck 20 soaking wet...

the other is 6'2" and 200lbs.

I lost all respect for Will Smith last night (not that I respected him much to begin with.) When is the last time you saw a grown man pimp slap another guy in the face other than on the Jerry Springer show? Punch like a real man if your gonna hit someone and develop some thicker skin. It was just a joke and a very tame one at that. Ricky Gervais was way meaner with his jokes when he hosted the Oscars. Smith and his wife wanna put all of their "dirty laundry" out there and when people call them on stuff, he snaps and acts like a crazy person on national TV. Honestly, something did not look right. Smith originally chuckled at the joke and then attacked Rock on stage and then went back to his seat, looking like he was holding back tears as he went on a profanity laced tirade, but was all smiles and dancing at an after party. That looked very manic to me. Like the definition of manic.

Yep. Dude possibly suffers from some mental stuff. It was like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Jada is a horndog skank and Will isn't far behind. And they are happy to make it public forum discussion. Not suprising that they are going to attract this type of comment.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-28-2022, 08:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I lost all respect for Will Smith last night (not that I respected him much to begin with.) When is the last time you saw a grown man pimp slap another guy in the face other than on the Jerry Springer show? Punch like a real man if your gonna hit someone and develop some thicker skin. It was just a joke and a very tame one at that. Ricky Gervais was way meaner with his jokes when he hosted the Oscars. Smith and his wife wanna put all of their "dirty laundry" out there and when people call them on stuff, he snaps and acts like a crazy person on national TV. Honestly, something did not look right. Smith originally chuckled at the joke and then attacked Rock on stage and then went back to his seat, looking like he was holding back tears as he went on a profanity laced tirade, but was all smiles and dancing at an after party. That looked very manic to me. Like the definition of manic.

I find it very odd that in the immediacy afterward, all the headlines were along the lines of "Will stands up for his woman, Rock tells tasteless joke" and a day later, Will is being villified as mental. I'll preface the rest by saying this is general commentary, not necessarily directing at you in particular.

Not gonna lie, if my wife is dealing with a health issue, and our family is weathering the storm alongside her, some dingleberry decides to poke fun at her expense (and likely something about which she's already self-conscious), I'm probably getting up and taking him offstage for a minute so we can have a talk. If he comes back out with a sore jaw, so fricking be it.

Will probably realizes it wasn't a good look, backed off a bit, but cripes, do we expect him to sit and stew on it for the rest of the night? He told Rock to butt out, Rock acknowledged, it was done.

Get this, Will's a bleeping actor. If there's a party after the show, he just won one of the top accolades in his craft, do you not think he's going to drag the party down by bellyaching about a done deal? He can put his happy face on, feed the party's energy, everyone has a blast, the hosts will be happy to welcome him back the next time.

I don't fault him for reacting. It might not have been the ideal way to handle it, but from the outside, I'm in no position to judge his emotional or mental state. It's not like he beat Rock to a pulp over a few words. He got his point across, move the heck on.

(03-29-2022, 09:50 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 08:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I lost all respect for Will Smith last night (not that I respected him much to begin with.) When is the last time you saw a grown man pimp slap another guy in the face other than on the Jerry Springer show? Punch like a real man if your gonna hit someone and develop some thicker skin. It was just a joke and a very tame one at that. Ricky Gervais was way meaner with his jokes when he hosted the Oscars. Smith and his wife wanna put all of their "dirty laundry" out there and when people call them on stuff, he snaps and acts like a crazy person on national TV. Honestly, something did not look right. Smith originally chuckled at the joke and then attacked Rock on stage and then went back to his seat, looking like he was holding back tears as he went on a profanity laced tirade, but was all smiles and dancing at an after party. That looked very manic to me. Like the definition of manic.

I find it very odd that in the immediacy afterward, all the headlines were along the lines of "Will stands up for his woman, Rock tells tasteless joke" and a day later, Will is being villified as mental. I'll preface the rest by saying this is general commentary, not necessarily directing at you in particular.

Not gonna lie, if my wife is dealing with a health issue, and our family is weathering the storm alongside her, some dingleberry decides to poke fun at her expense (and likely something about which she's already self-conscious), I'm probably getting up and taking him offstage for a minute so we can have a talk. If he comes back out with a sore jaw, so fricking be it.

Will probably realizes it wasn't a good look, backed off a bit, but cripes, do we expect him to sit and stew on it for the rest of the night? He told Rock to butt out, Rock acknowledged, it was done.

Get this, Will's a bleeping actor. If there's a party after the show, he just won one of the top accolades in his craft, do you not think he's going to drag the party down by bellyaching about a done deal? He can put his happy face on, feed the party's energy, everyone has a blast, the hosts will be happy to welcome him back the next time.

I don't fault him for reacting. It might not have been the ideal way to handle it, but from the outside, I'm in no position to judge his emotional or mental state. It's not like he beat Rock to a pulp over a few words. He got his point across, move the heck on.

What if that person was a comedian and had no idea of the health issue? I didn't have a clue she had alopecia. I read where Chris Rock didn't know either. Tiffany Haddish shaved her head for no reason what so ever and I assumed Jada did the same. It's becoming somewhat of a trend for black women to shave their heads. As a comedian, shouldn't that be fair game? 

I don't expect Will Smith to assault someone on national TV over a joke. Maybe he can talk to Chris Rock after the show and explain to him that his wife is dealing with health issues, but Smith just came off looking completely unstable.

Smith goes from laughing at the joke to immediate violence to having his eyes well up with tears and hurling expletives and back to partying and laughing. If that isn't manic, then I don't know what is. 

No, he didn't beat Rock up. He slapped him like a scorned woman. What man does that? I would've respected him more if he would've slugged Rock, but a slap? Really? That was a very bad look.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 11:23 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Don't you wonder, though, if someone substantially larger and more intimidating than Chris Rock had been up there on stage and made a joke about Will Smith's wife, would Will Smith have gotten up and slapped him?

I’m calling bull [BLEEP] on Jada having a “health condition”. This is the totality of her alopecia issue…

[Image: E570-F8-C9-B76-B-43-F7-A903-490521569-E1-B.webp]

A perfectly straight line? That’s a scar. You can see stubble everywhere else. 

https://youtu.be/DdPmmlvhpHk
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I’m in no way minimizing how it must feel if it happens to you. But, this is not in any way a life-threatening disease or a life altering disease. That doesn’t mean that one should be picked up for it. But unless you’re told ahead of time, and not everyone watches all the news about celebrities even other celebrities, you have no reason not to think it’s a stylistic choice. The fact is Jada is still pretty and she has a nice shaped head. So the look isn’t bad on her.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-29-2022, 11:42 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I’m in no way minimizing how it must feel if it happens to you. But, this is not in any way a life-threatening disease or a life altering disease. That doesn’t mean that one should be picked up for it. But unless you’re told ahead of time, and not everyone watches all the news about celebrities even other celebrities, you have no reason not to think it’s a stylistic choice. The fact is Jada is still pretty and she has a nice shaped head. So the look isn’t bad on her.

Especially since she’s pretty much always had shorter hair.

Chris Rock is overrated as hell IMO, but props to him for handling the incident well.

Will Smith is vastly overrated also and clearly in a really bad head space since his wife aired their dirty laundry.

I don't really give a [BLEEP] about any of them or their gripes and I didn't watch the oscars, so, "whatever" I guess.

I just hope this doesn't set some precedent for people attacking comedians.
Comedians going hard after celebrities is as old as Hollywood itself. Don Rickles used to light up Sinatra and his personal life gaffs way worse than this. And that's just one of 300 examples.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2022, 02:19 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

Woke culture has killed comedy. Tho that's not the exact issue here, it kind of is, since wokeness invariably creates thinner skinned people with easier hurt feelings. In this case a line may have been crossed, tho based on the pic earlier in this thread it looks like the baldness is a choice and not necessarily the result of her 'disease' . Nevertheless, getting attacked is what comedians can expect moving forward. It's the next logical step from being assaulted on social media for hurting someone's feelings with their comedy. I think the only popular comedians from the past that might be able to navigate these times would be George Carlin, Steve Martin, Richard Pryor and maybe Lenny Bruce; tho he wouldn't have the same shock value today. Oh, and Sam Kinison, cause he wouldn't give a [BLEEP], he would just buzzsaw thru all the sociopolitical crap and just burn it down. Wish he was still here to make it happen. It would be a thing of beauty.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-29-2022, 02:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Woke culture has killed comedy.  Tho that's not the exact issue here, it kind of is, since wokeness invariably creates thinner skinned people with easier hurt feelings.  In this case a line may have been crossed, tho based on the pic earlier in this thread it looks like the baldness is a choice and not necessarily the result of her 'disease' . Nevertheless, getting attacked is what comedians can expect moving forward.  It's the next logical step from being assaulted on social media for hurting someone's feelings with their comedy.  I think the only popular comedians from the past that might be able to navigate these times would be George Carlin, Steve Martin, Richard Pryor and maybe Lenny Bruce; tho he wouldn't have the same shock value today.  Oh, and Sam Kinison, cause he wouldn't give a [BLEEP], he would just buzzsaw thru all the sociopolitical crap and just burn it down.  Wish he was still here to make it happen.  It would be a thing of beauty.

So much truth here. 

Sam Kinison was the greatest comedian to ever walk the planet, imo. I miss that guy. When I was in high school, me and a bunch of people would go out to the back 40 of my friend's farm on friday nights and start a bonfire. We'd get drunk and listen to Have You Seen Me lately on a boombox. That was good times.

(03-29-2022, 02:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Woke culture has killed comedy.  Tho that's not the exact issue here, it kind of is, since wokeness invariably creates thinner skinned people with easier hurt feelings.  In this case a line may have been crossed, tho based on the pic earlier in this thread it looks like the baldness is a choice and not necessarily the result of her 'disease' . Nevertheless, getting attacked is what comedians can expect moving forward.  It's the next logical step from being assaulted on social media for hurting someone's feelings with their comedy.  I think the only popular comedians from the past that might be able to navigate these times would be George Carlin, Steve Martin, Richard Pryor and maybe Lenny Bruce; tho he wouldn't have the same shock value today.  Oh, and Sam Kinison, cause he wouldn't give a [BLEEP], he would just buzzsaw thru all the sociopolitical crap and just burn it down.  Wish he was still here to make it happen.  It would be a thing of beauty.

Straight truth. 

I don't watch awards shows but I watched the clip of the last one Ricky Gervais hosted where he roasted everyone and it was awesome. Not Sam Kinison level epic, but pretty epic in its own right. I enjoy movies and TV shows but these people are way too ridiculous for me waste my time on otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 12:12 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Will's next project - a sequel. "The Pursuit of Slappyness"

If I could figure out how to embed the meme I stole this from, I would.

(03-29-2022, 10:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Straight truth. 

I don't watch awards shows but I watched the clip of the last one Ricky Gervais hosted where he roasted everyone and it was awesome. Not Sam Kinison level epic, but pretty epic in its own right. I enjoy movies and TV shows but these people are way too ridiculous for me waste my time on otherwise.

That Ricky Gervais one was a thing of sheer beauty!

(03-30-2022, 01:49 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 10:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Straight truth. 

That Ricky Gervais one was a thing of sheer beauty!

On Gervais' twitter yesterday morning he posted (without comment) footage of him in his role on the original "The Office" series making a bad joke about alopecia. 

Love that guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 04:54 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

So you clearly don't know [BLEEP] about the disease.. I know plenty of people with alopecia and for women? It's like having breast cancer. Hair is how women define themselves.

If anyone decided to make a joke about my wife's unavoidable disease? [BLEEP]'s getting knocked out. No Doubt, No hesitation. Even if a [BLEEP] called her a [BLEEP] - [BLEEP] will be eating through a straw cause his jaw is getting broken.

And yes, this is exactly how men should react to the love of their life being hurt. It just is. It's how my father taught me - and I'm sad more Americans aren't like that anymore.